Tampering Investigation Who? What? When? Where? We already know why!

I don't think they can ask Mort where he got that form because I believe it was JB or passed to him from the A's. Attorney/PI privilege I think would apply. They weren't allowed to ask DC about anything during the time he worked for Casey.

Would I be wrong in thinking that this may not be the case in what we are looking at? Remember when it comes to JB and Mort, the privilege is KC's and KC's alone. The privilege is to protect her rights as regarding the criminal charges she is facing. That AP shield does not protect Mort or JB from any illegal actions that they may have performed. this Tampering investigation looks to be entirely legally separate matter from KC's case. So could Mort and JB be interviewed and investigated, so long as any information gathered is not used against KC?

I remember that but SA or CE distinctly said to BC in the transcript that he had heard it.

We don't really know. It's on page 26, but there are inaudible parts. Perhaps we'll be able to hear it for ourselves later. Muzikman said he would try to upload the audio later.

I don't believe Mort is JB's client. And if it involves a crime not sure if he is protected????

If you are a LICENSED PI, you have to have Errors and Omissions coverage. I am not a lawyer, but an investigator and I have to carry it to maintain my license. Attorney's have it too, and generally a liability policy. I am just a no/low life blogger that is thwarted by this whole dang case!

Could some please provide the Dummy's version of what's this all about? :waitasec:

Have pity on me please! I've been sick for days & now I'm so doped up on cold medicine I don't know which way is up. Plus my kids feel GREAT and are putting constant demands on me & my also sick (but not quite as sick) husband. (Is it bedtime yet??)

Everyone seems to know what's going on, but all I see are links on upon links, and page after page of detailed discussions. Yes, I feel like a big ole' :loser:.

I get the gist of it: JB did something underhanded to BC, who dropped out because of it. It was concerning seeing TES documents?? I recall something about this many months back.

Anyone who can sum it up in the fewest, simplest words, gets a lollipop. Sorry it will be leftover from Halloween. It's all I've got.

OK alot of this past Fridays document dump had information related to Laura Buchanon. The TES searcher who apparently claimed to have searched the spot where Caylee was found. Part of her claims involved a TES search document which appears to be falsified to support the defense claims. the chain of this false document leads directly to one of the defense PI's Mort.

Now in Fridays doc dump was an intriguing series of evidence forms. Apparently LE and the SA received a ton of documents and materials from Anthony attorney Brad Conway.

http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/courtmotionsTQS.pdf

Of particular noteworthiness is that these forms list the crime as 'Tampering" and have a different case number than the KC case. Included among them are alot of formal defense filings to the court that make some of the more outrageous misstatements that we have long commented on here. The defense filings are rather interestingly highlighted and annotated. In the document are the first and last pages of what is apparently a mysterious sworn interview that the SA and LE conducted with Brad Conway. This led to much speculation about exactly who or what was being investigated for tampering.

Now through the good graces of our own incredible Musikman we can see the full SA interview with Brad. It's a doozy. While you may not want to follow or dog through all of the assorted links and documents. MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR THIS ONE. You really do need to read it. It is that big of a bombshell.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/70388758/20101003-Brad-Conway-Interview

In a nutshell we are left with the rather clear impression that LE has been investigating some of JB's more out there practices. It also leaves some shocking impressions of just how unethical a lawyer JB is. It makes it very clear why BC stopped representing the A's. And it confirms beyond a shadow of a doubt some things that we have long rather suspected around here. As I said the interview is a must read.

We have been talking about it here since late yesterday, it was originally in both the LB thread and the BC one, but we have been herded into this single thread. And that's pretty much it. Most of the other links around here are us sleuthing and tying this entire timeline of events together.

Would I be wrong in thinking that this may not be the case in what we are looking at? Remember when it comes to JB and Mort, the privilege is KC's and KC's alone. The privilege is to protect her rights as regarding the criminal charges she is facing. That AP shield does not protect Mort or JB from any illegal actions that they may have performed. this Tampering investigation looks to be entirely legally separate matter from KC's case. So could Mort and JB be interviewed and investigated, so long as any information gathered is not used against KC?

BBM

Exactly.

Hopefully this explains all the new case numbers surfacing that I've been unable to match. :banghead:

Alice, let me try:

BC was asked by JB to search the TES records and see if certain people had searched, including LB and RK.

BC could not find anyone on the list in TES files.

JB stated in court to the judge that BC was aware there was evidence in the TES files that would help his client and that was not true. JB stated this in open court right in front of BC.

MN sent a copy of the letter CA had sent to him about waiving their priviledge when MN took on TES as a client to BC. BC had never seen the letter and we get the gist that the A's may not have written the letter to begin with.

After BC has told JB there was no record suddenly the forms of LB become available and made public. JB then calls BC to make sure that BC never found any copies and to verify that BC did not, in fact, have a copy of LB's paperwork. (BC never found anything in file for LB orginially and all of a sudden there is paperwork up the kazooo but where did it come from).

Then JB asks BC to ask the A's to turn over everything in KC's room (thinking the diary is really what he wanted).

There's probably more, but I forget.......

Hi Alice,
Brad Conway's depo was released and in it we learn that apparently the defense is being investigated for some potential impropriety regarding misleading the judge about Joe Jordan, and Laura Buchanan. It is a treasure trove and we are inferring, based on the questions that were asked and answers that Brad gave , that indeed where there is smoke there is fire. Mort and Baez seem to be the subject of the questioning, imo. YOU MUST READ IT. It is shocking.
(that is my take on the matter) http://www.docstoc.com/docs/70388758/20101003-Brad-Conway-Interview

If you are a LICENSED PI, you have to have Errors and Omissions coverage. I am not a lawyer, but an investigator and I have to carry it to maintain my license. Attorney's have it too, and generally a liability policy. I am just a no/low life blogger that is thwarted by this whole dang case!

Oh, I know you have to be bonded by insurance. What I meant by "protection" is that they are not protected from being prosecuted because of their relationship as it is not directly related to KC's crime. It's tampering issue. Different case number.

Alice, let me try:

BC was asked by JB to search the TES records and see if certain people had searched, including LB and RK.

BC could not find anyone on the list in TES files.

JB stated in court to the judge that BC was aware there was evidence in the TES files that would help his client and that was not true. JB stated this in open court right in front of BC.

MN sent a copy of the letter CA had sent to him about waiving their priviledge when MN took on TES as a client to BC. BC had never seen the letter and we get the gist that the A's may not have written the letter to begin with.

After BC has told JB there was no record suddenly the forms of LB become available and made public. JB then calls BC to make sure that BC never found any copies and to verify that BC did not, in fact, have a copy of LB's paperwork. (BC never found anything in file for LB orginially and all of a sudden there is paperwork up the kazooo but where did it come from).

Then JB asks BC to ask the A's to turn over everything in KC's room (thinking the diary is really what he wanted).

There's probably more, but I forget.......

LampChop...I'm confused about the "whistle Blowers" Docs.....that's totally a different thing against bc ...

BBM

I wish LE would have asked him specifically about the diary BC was holding in custody as an officer of the court. Did JB specifically request the diary when asking for the items???

Do we know when...what date...he finally surrendered the diary to LE or the SA?

This is the first time that I have heard LE had the diary. We were puzzled as to why it was not taken by LE during one of the searches at the A home. They took pics only. We know as of the date BC and the Anthony's were on LKL it was still in his possession. I have no idea why they decided they wanted it later. JB requested everything from her room and he wanted the pc and lap top which I would like to add do not belong to Casey. There are either incriminating things still in that house that only Casey would know about or by requesting everything he expected that to include the diary without bring attention to that critical piece of evidence.

Something made LE go back and get that diary so I'm thinking that it's possible Casey was writing in it while she was out on bail.

Oh, I know you have to be bonded by insurance. What I meant by "protection" is that they are not protected from being prosecuted because of their relationship as it is not directly related to KC's crime. It's tampering issue. Different case number.

The difference would be if it is good faith or bad faith....like a mistake or intentional. IMO But absolutely, they can be investigated.

The difference would be if it is good faith or bad faith....like a mistake or intentional. IMO

Right. With all the liars on board it is hard to tell which one of them is telling the truth. My guess is SA. lol

I have to think that somewhere this weekend, Judge Strickland is sitting on a rainbow that is shining a bit brighter than usual. :seeya:

Right. With all the liars on board it is hard to tell which one of them is telling the truth. My guess is SA. lol

My question is...Baez REPEATEDLY asked BC for information and stood up in court and lied to the court...if Baez is disbarred...what happens then? AF is the only one on board.

I have to think that somewhere this weekend, Judge Strickland is sitting on a rainbow that is shining a bit brighter than usual. :seeya:

I'll bet he is at least smiling :crazy: And I'll bet HHJP chair is going to need a makeover next hearing...dem wheels are gonna be rockin'!

My question is...Baez REPEATEDLY asked BC for information and stood up in court and lied to the court...if Baez is disbarred...what happens then? AF is the only one on board.

It's an ongoing investigation so until an arrest warrant is issued for tampering I would think everything goes on as usual. JB lying to the judge in court? Not sure but I'd be going to court with a paper bag over my head in the future if I were JB. May the judge won't notice. lol Oh, yes, wouldn't that be contempt?????

Casey would still have Ann Finnell, Dorthy Sims and Mr. Mason. Two are death qualified attorneys if I am not mistaken.

I'll bet he is at least smiling :crazy: And I'll bet HHJP chair is going to need a makeover next hearing...dem wheels are gonna be rockin'!

And the next hearing is this Friday (2/4) isn't it? Can't wait to see/hear the undertones in the room. The dynamics will be spellbinding!

One of the many things I am wondering about is: what the heck is CJBP making of all this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven
Back