TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess that since he probably wasn't privy to any details since Hailey supposedly told SA who told BD where she was going, etc...and since IIRC she had her SIL's phone in which to make the call herself during that 30 minutes...didn't she call SA? By her own admission, she didn't make calls to Hailey's friends until sometime afterward. That in itself is strange. Sure she may not have had the numbers..she could have gotten them from DD. Come to think of it..why didn't she get DD or CD to call friends before asking CD to call the PD and announce her pending arrival. I guess I just don't know what letting LE know that you are coming in is supposed to accomplish. It's not like from a simple call that the PD Dept is going to clear the table and call all investigators in..ykwim? Everything about it in totality is extremely odd to me..that's not to say it may not be odd to others..

BBM and ITA

The behavior does seem consistent with the previous February 911 call.
I will just come out and say that this demand seems histrionic and grandiose. I cannot fathom any reasonable purpose for Clint calling LE to announce to them that his exwife (who has aggravated them in the past with unreasonable demands) will be there 'at some point in time' to report their daughter missing. :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

Furthermore, I am beginning to believe that SA and BD never thought this case would amount to anything other than "Hailey ran away" since BD first pointed to hotels and bfs, and SA pointed to promiscuity (and Billie STILL supports him!). Since it has become more and more high profile with talk of possible homicide, she has pointed with seemingly more urgency at CD. All just my opinion and hypothesis.

Thanks, Pondering, I've been on the ride since the first thread so I know what you mean! I thought I'd dip my toe in when it's relatively slow and my reply would show up within a page or two of the original quote.

I'm really, really hoping that we will have some news soon!

I'm confused? Who was supposed to be in the dollar store with Hailey?
On Sunday or Monday?

Or was the alleged Monday late afternoon/early evening sighting that other store? :waitasec:

ETA: Answering my own question. The alleged Monday evening sighting was in front of Alco on Hickory St. She was with the friend with whom she was supposed to spend the night and an unknown teenage boy, per Billie Dunn at the clarification presser, 01/31/11, as relayed to her by the woman who claims to have seen them.

It seems so ridiculous that a month in and we are here still trying to figure out the truth regarding the most basic events leading up to Hailey's disappearance. IMO BD should be able to have straight answers to many if not most questions even if she had no clue what SA was doing ...and yet, even after holding a presser to "clarify" we need another presser to clarify what was said at the clarification presser..What's wrong with this picture?..

We dont have enough information to sleuths the needed answers. It seems we are locked in at SA is the only named suspect. Until LE releases another name or more information.

We need LE to to have a presser and let the media ask some questions. These short teaser statements are not very enlightening.

As it is direct statements are picked apart and read 100 different ways by many different people so I think the Sheriffs direct statement and answers would help clear up this mess of what can be discounted and what can be put in Beane's bible timeline.

So, if Haylie was really spotted about town on Sunday, Billie should be able to locate the clothes she was wearing according to what everyone saw, and what she remembers her wearing. I'd like to know if Haylie were wearing the blue sweat pants and light colored t shirt when she was last seen by her brother that Sunday night.

BBM and ITA

The behavior does seem consistent with the previous February 911 call.
I will just come out and say that this demand seems histrionic and grandiose. I cannot fathom any reasonable purpose for Clint calling LE to announce to them that his exwife (who has aggravated them in the past with unreasonable demands) will be there 'at some point in time' to report their daughter missing. :waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

Furthermore, I am beginning to believe that SA and BD never thought this case would amount to anything other than "Hailey ran away" since BD first pointed to hotels and bfs, and SA pointed to promiscuity (and Billie STILL supports him!). Since it has become more and more high profile with talk of possible homicide, she has pointed with seemingly more urgency at CD. All just my opinion and hypothesis.

I can honestly say that I have never heard of anyone calling ahead unless they were calling to tell them they were on their way down to turn themselves in, lol! ..Never heard any LE friends say anything about that either..but I don't live in a small city. Maybe things work differently there?

Well, that's an awesome point!..and IF for some reason she felt he couldn't be trusted..have DD call..or better yet, why didn't she call and ask them to meet her?

CD did help get LE involved, I don't know if it was by phone or in person, but this father has been concerned and involved in finding his daughter from the beginning.

GRACE: OK. When Davis called you or came over to ask about Hailey, what exactly did he say?

C. DUNN: He just asked me if I had seen her, that she was supposed to come over to my house and then she was supposed to go to MB's and that everybody was starting to get worried about her. And that`s when we started getting the police and started realizing that she was missing.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

Well 50 mi hr winds making me want to crawl under the covers. Maybe tomorrow the big break will come. GN everyone.

I'm with ya. Plus I have all my faucets (hot and cold) not dripping, but running a small stream to keep from freezing. Sounds like many waterfalls in here. It's very cold. Asked DD in college in Fargo how they live with this crap!!

Just wanted to say that I too go with the only credible last sighting we have of Hailey is by DD. I don't trust or necessarily believe anyone else.

Then we have BD distancing herself from firsts. Made me think of some 911 calls. Melinda Duckett didn't call 911, she had the guy call. Ron had Misty call, and so on and so on. Coincedence, maybe ..but who knows.

CD did help get LE involved, I don't know if it was by phone or in person, but this father has been concerned and involved in finding his daughter from the beginning.

GRACE: OK. When Davis called you or came over to ask about Hailey, what exactly did he say?

C. DUNN: He just asked me if I had seen her, that she was supposed to come over to my house and then she was supposed to go to MB's and that everybody was starting to get worried about her. And that`s when we started getting the police and started realizing that she was missing.

BBM

Do you know what was meant specifically by this? I'm not sure I understand exactly.

We dont have enough information to sleuths the needed answers. It seems we are locked in at SA is the only named suspect. Until LE releases another name or more information.

We need LE to to have a presser and let the media ask some questions. These short teaser statements are not very enlightening.

As it is direct statements are picked apart and read 100 different ways by many different people so I think the Sheriffs direct statement and answers would help clear up this mess of what can be discounted and what can be put in Beane's bible timeline.

Respectfully - BeanE's timeline is not a "bible timeline". It is based upon hours & hours of following a case & researching what has been stated & reported in the MSM, and it is often edited as new information becomes available. It is not written in stone, nor is it held as a holy writ, as the "bible timeline" reference has implied.

I, for one, am thankful that she goes the extra mile to organize the information so that we have it at hand to refer to.

Hello.......... are we baiting here and sleuthing out people who are not named suspects? There are 3 moderators deleting posts here tonight by the dozens.

If you are checking out the backgrounds on not named POI's or suspects don't bait to it here please. :banghead::banghead:

You're right..we don't have enough information..and what we do have is just so convoluted! I wish LE would at least clarify some things for us..but I do have to keep reminding myself that in a good investigation, LE says as little as possible unless releasing info benefits the investigation in some way..Reminding myself of that doesn't keep me from wanting to know more though. I really do feel like BD could have accomplished so much more in the public and with LE without the inconsistent statements though..<JMO

LOL I'm constantly testing that question. Every time I open another tab I just know a big orange fox is going to pop up and go :nono:. :)

Uh, mine just shut down earlier tonight and I had 21 open. Drives DS nuts. I just like to have them all there!!

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/?print=1

C D and his girlfriend, N S, told the Reporter-News that Hailey had spent Christmas night at C D's home.

NS and CD said Hailey walked to the Dollar Store and Alco department store Sunday, not Monday, as Burroughs told police.

"She never came over at all Monday," S said.

"Police have told us surveillance tapes at both stores put Hailey there on Sunday," C D said.

So Hailey could not have been home all day Sunday.

Nope, I was wrong...this article is quoting CD..sorry about that!

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/?print=1

C D and his girlfriend, N S, told the Reporter-News that Hailey had spent Christmas night at C D's home.

NS and CD said Hailey walked to the Dollar Store and Alco department store Sunday, not Monday, as Burroughs told police.

"She never came over at all Monday," S said.

"Police have told us surveillance tapes at both stores put Hailey there on Sunday," C D said.

So Hailey could not have been home all day Sunday.

Bumping

Respectfully - BeanE's timeline is not a "bible timeline". It is based upon hours & hours of following a case & researching what has been stated & reported in the MSM, and it is often edited as new information becomes available. It is not written in stone, nor is it held as a holy writ, as the "bible timeline" reference has implied.

I, for one, am thankful that she goes the extra mile to organize the information so that we have it at hand to refer to.

Thankfully I'm not in charge of it..I don't know how BeanE keeps up with the ever changing stories..

yes..and TY for that..It's that BD and CD have different recollections it seems..That's what we were discussing..Appreciate it anyway though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4