Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed there are many many people who are convinced that the ROC-crew knows some information about the case, and even though they seen an obvious place to look, IMO they don't know as much as a lot of people think they might. I've noticed a pattern in that the people who feel most strongly that the "friends" did something are also the ones who are the least educated about the case.

so are you saying that DD (mother) & Cue (MC) are not educated on BD case? <modsnip> last part of NG story ,and see that dd,cue says they needto re question ROC friends!!!! please stop ,think,,,,i feel DD and CUE know way more than any of US!!!!

This is proof that DD wants those *Friends ** re question!!
CAISON: No, that`s actually one of the things advocating for Dawn Drexel and her family that we`ve been bringing to the attention of the investigators lately. She`s got a great team working on her case, but Dawn has expressed concern for probably the past six months that she wants these children, teenagers, adults, what have you that were there. She wants them interviewed, and we`re pushing for that. She wants -- she feels like --

heres link to transcript!!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/31/ng.02.html

My point was that the show did not make clear that the pings were old info; I thought that they were, but no one really asked and answered. One would think that they just got this "new" info so planned this big search.

It's always good to get her photo out there, and especially for an hour, maybe something will shake loose. But I also agree that LE should be showing vehicles of anyone they are interested in learning more about their movements. People seems to remember cars and trucks more than they do people.

I said IMO because it's my opinion.

I don't have anything left to say.

The article says something new came from the search, not a tip from the show...but does not say what. I thought the woman in charge of the search (MM?) said nothing had been found.

Investigators with the Myrtle Beach Police Department have confirmed they received a new tip during a weekend search for missing New York Teen Brittanee Drexel.

Capt. David Knipes, spokesman for the Myrtle Beach Police Department said the tip was not any physical evidence found at the scene, rather someone who reached out to investigators.

full article: http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13949658/new-tip-arrives-in-drexel-case-after-weekend-search

I have to wonder if MBPD is putting this out to save face. They were a bit slammed on NG show last night. JMO.

Hard to say after last night the NG show confused the heck out of me. But the things that MC and DD said are what I am taking away from that show. Those things were there are no POI's on this case, LE has not questioned any of the kids enough (whether there guilty or not they might have info).

I am hoping that the "tip" le got is a real one and finally Brittanee will be found.

Hi everybody...

Been a while since I posted, but I'm always lurking around :eek:nline:

First off -<modsnip>...

IIRC - Prior to this show, NO ONE has ever implied that the 3-4 POIs were anyone from the Rochester gang .. it was once alluded that these POIs were from the area where her cell phone pinged, which has been called "North Santee Area" , "Georgetown-Charleston county line" , "Just north of McClellanville" , "Southern Georgetown county" ... I don't have the media links handy, but I quoted them dozens of times, a couple threads back...

POLL
1) Do you think Brittanee was abducted, whether voluntary or forceful, by (1) Someone she knew from the Rochester Gang -OR- (2) Someone native to the Georgetown-Charleston County area?

2) Do you think Brittanee WAS or WAS NOT with her cell phone as it travelled south?

(Very anxious to see the results from this, <modsnip) IMO)

Respectfully snipped for space

POLL
1) Do you think Brittanee was abducted, whether voluntary or forceful, by (1) Someone she knew from the Rochester Gang -OR- (2) Someone native to the Georgetown-Charleston County area?

2) Do you think Brittanee WAS or WAS NOT with her cell phone as it travelled south?

JMHO...

It would take me forever to explain my stance on how I think she was abducted...

I think the person(s) that took Britt were known to the ROC group (I still can't get that quote out of my head by one of LE, which included the words, "Directly or indirectly"...). Things seem to shady to me on how the 2-3 different groups Britt was with suddenly distanced themselves from that situation (ETA: Before LE was involved).

I think it's quite possible that Britt's phone was tossed (but how funny it is the last pings come from an area that had potential suspects, at least at one time)...but whoever had Britt kept going - in one direction or another...

Hi everybody...

Been a while since I posted, but I'm always lurking around :eek:nline:

First off - <modsnip>...

IIRC - Prior to this show, NO ONE has ever implied that the 3-4 POIs were anyone from the Rochester gang .. it was once alluded that these POIs were from the area where her cell phone pinged, which has been called "North Santee Area" , "Georgetown-Charleston county line" , "Just north of McClellanville" , "Southern Georgetown county" ... I don't have the media links handy, but I quoted them dozens of times, a couple threads back...

POLL

(Very anxious to see the results from this, (modsnip) IMO)

Been a loooong time since I posted. There is a 3rd choice which was that it was a stranger abduction by someone not native to the area (traffickers going through, for example). I do tend to think, though, that it was someone native to the area, in the circle of those we've discussed at lenghth, if not the POI who was recently incarcerated himself. I can't discount traffickers after reading alot about them recently, though.

My gut feeling tells me that phone was with Britt as she moved South (dead or alive, I don't know) but I have no real basis for that.

BTW: if you put a real poll on here (don't know how to do it personally, lol!) it will keep the thread bumped cause everytime someone votes, whether they post comments or not, the thread gets bumped. Just a thought...

Wednesday, Feb. 02, 2011
Police | Public continues to report tips about missing teen Brittanee Drexel
Tonya Root - troot@thesunnews.com

http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/02/02/1957894/police-public-continues-to-report.html

This is good news. I'm quite surprised that they continue to get tips after so much time...Makes me feel like more than one someone knows something and maybe can't come forward but if they can piece these together they might have something? If it's like a puzzle, it may be a matter of continuing to move the pieces around until they find the right combination.

Although I don't believe the ROC group is responsible for Britt's disappearance I do feel that they have not been pushed hard enough (at least I don't think they have- we really don't know for sure as LE isn't going to publicize everything but if DD feels this way I don't blame her). I think it is just extremely discomfiting that they haven't come up with more and I don't believe that they have nothing to offer. I went along with the line of them being afraid of getting in trouble for stuff they were doing (i.e. drugs, etc.) and that that was why they were keeping quiet and hightailed it out of town but after all this time that is harder and harder to buy. Even if that was the case then, I would think now, with a couple more years of maturity, someone in the group would come forward, even if just to explain exactly that- why we didn't come forward with more at the time. They could at least clear up exactly what Britt was into at the time. Was she or was she not doing alot of drugs, sleeping with someone, black out drinking, etc? I mean it didn't look like that it the video we've seen of her at all. I just feel like they could come up with some names of people she may have been with, or at least pointed them out in pictures. But then again, if it was the gang we're leaning toward, the ROC crew would have no knowledge. But why didn't they just seem more upset about it is I guess what' sticking in my craw, so to speak.

Okay, I'm rambling now and arguing both sides of the point so I'll clam up...

:shutup:

From Rose's above linked article:

"No significant finds were made during the weekend search, said Monica Caison, with the CUE Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, N.C., which organized the search."

Does this mean there were some insignificant finds? Or nothing at all?

I wonder if a tip was called in based on the show, but the police don't want to admit that? The timing is certainly coincidental, especially since MM said nothing was found or nothing new came up.

Wednesday, Feb. 02, 2011
Police | Public continues to report tips about missing teen Brittanee Drexel

Tips continue to come in to Myrtle Beach police regarding a New York teen last seen in the area while on Spring Break two years ago, according to Capt. David Knipes. The tips about Brittanee Drexel increased this week after about 200 people spent the weekend searching three miles of a wooded road in Charleston County, Knipes said.[/B]&#8220;There&#8217;s nothing new to report at this time,&#8221; Knipes said Wednesday. &#8220;When searches are completed and stories are done it renews interest in the case.&#8221;

Ok so now MBPD is downplaying what they said yesterday. Yep they were just saving face. I'm starting not to believe anything they report. I don't understand why they made a big deal about the 1 tip and now saying"oh we always get tips when searches/media happens).

MLatta

I think Britt was abducted by a local she didn't know; that said I think the ROC crew might know something or have knowledge of who. Like someone else said there is no other reason that would really make sense for them to avoid giving statements or much to LE.

It is hard to say what involvement they might have but they sure act guilty. I'm not just speaking about the boys. I think the girls behavior is even worse.

MLatta,

i too believe that Britt was abducted by a stranger...but, I feel that while this person was a stranger to her, this person was well known to a member of one of the ROC groups...I think her phone was with her at first, then dumped along the way to their destination, just to throw off their trail. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie