TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I do feel that the town is at risk.... if it was SA, who's to say that he wont decide that if he is going to go down, that he might as well go down in a big way, and do something else. It's not like LE is watching him around the clock.

And if was not SA, then who could it be? And what else might they do and hope that he gets blamed for that also.

Not speaking for anyone but myself right now, as just a citizen of CCity. It is total BS that LE has not done anything (in MOO anyway) to reassure anyone living here that we are safe. Oh, well, besides going to the middle school and telling all the kids - including my 12 year old - (paraphrasing) that their parents are overreacting and no one should change any of their habits and it is just fine for them to continue walking around and being outside by themselves. I nearly blew a gasket when I heard that from my kid.

In a town that is infested with RSO's, I find that scary if LE told those children they have nothing to worry about when walking around town by themselves. Even if Hailey never went missing!! Children should always be aware of their surroundings and potential dangers.

I understand they don't want the kids to be scared (and I'm sure they are), but I find that astonishing.

Hey guys I got a question for anyone who may know an answer...

Tonight during the show the woman named Bea(1of the 2 ladies conducting the online interview}while speaking to Naomi she brought up the much "ado about nothing" issue the red hooped earrings..when asking Naomi about this particular issue she made the comment of "the red hoop earrings has one of the reporters thats covering the case all up in arms..harping on this issue"{not a direct quote but hope close enough to jog you guys memory of what I'm referring to}..

Does anyone remember this part in the interview?
And was wanting to know if anyone knew what and who she was referring to about this person being so consumed with all things about the red hoop earrings?

It struck me as odd and I have been pondering about it ever since..and do have a certain person that It possibly could be about whom she was referring to that was so obsessed with the earrings. but of course would only be a wild guess..thats why I wanted to check to see if any of you all knew for sure exactly what it was that Bea was referring to..

TIA

You/yours ARE at risk, IMO. I sit here safe in my NM mountains, but I fear for the citizens of CCTX. One of their own went poof and the local LE did not much of nothing for days and days and days when BD alerted them that HD went missing. SA is a POI. Goody, but that does nothing without an arrest. Oh, I forgot, they are being coy/sly to save HD from some kidnapper and shhhhhhh don't tell. Tick a lock... I'll be quiet while LE does their "thang". K.

In a crime of this type, there's nothing strange about LE waiting to arrest someone. Nearly every missing child case is like this unless they find a body, and even then it takes time to build a case and try to make it airtight.

I understand the frustration, but it's the same in the Kyron Horman case in Oregon and the Caylee case in Florida.

ETA: And there are plenty of other cases, those are just two that I am more familiar with.

Billie's primary relationship is with her children. Her first loyalty should be to HD & DD, and to no one else.

"Should be"......key words here. Unfortunately I do not feel that is the case here. It appears to me that her list of priorities are something along the lines of : 1. Billie 2. SA 3. Public perception of Billie and SA 4. Slinging mud on those that she does not get along with, like or she feels that may have gone against her. I'm not even sure that I can put her kids at #5.

I have dealt with individuals my entire life that have screwed priorities and unfortunately I am seeing some of those same signs in Billie. I feel sorry for those children because I know first hand what it is like to grow up in that type of household.

I hope that Billie listened to or will listen to that interview that Clint did and that she will take notes. And I don't mean the kind of notes that she uses against him in a later interview that she may do.

I think TES does searches, regardless of whether or not there is a suspect, they know that suspects usually are not going to confess and lead LE to the body. But they can't search without an idea of where, and, as we know, without an invitation from LE.

But if the area to be searched is on private land, and LE don't have enough for a warrant yet. Then TES could just 'stand by' until that moment arrives. MAYBE???

NOT. A legal search warrant exempts the hotel because they have NO choice but to comply. Local LE didn't do squat. IMO
Don't have an affair in a motel that has camera's !! go to a no tell motel !! LOL Just had to say that.

My opinion of the "slam" that Billie did of LE in her statement and some of the comments that were made versus the disappointment of Clint in LE during his interview was the way that they each handled it. Billie appeared to make a point of saying that LE failed completely while Clint said more than once that he did not want to say bad things about LE but there were things that frustrated him. IMO that is a big difference. It does matter how one says something and that will cause a different effect on people who are listening.

You/yours ARE at risk, IMO. I sit here safe in my NM mountains, but I fear for the citizens of CCTX. One of their own went poof and the local LE did not much of nothing for days and days and days when BD alerted them that HD went missing. SA is a POI. Goody, but that does nothing without an arrest. Oh, I forgot, they are being coy/sly to save HD from some kidnapper and shhhhhhh don't tell. Tick a lock... I'll be quiet while LE does their "thang". K.

I agree with the basis of what the problem is..that an abduction took place and that would naturally have everyone uneasy about it til the perp is caught..

But this LE is doing nothing different than how these cases are handled in Anytown.USA.. Many have complained this same issue in Portland{Kyrons case where still not so much as a POI named }..I would say it SOP for how its handled..I think with FBI and Rangers involved that if they thought this was random abduction that things would be playing out differently{same with Kyron's case}

and honestly its not just CCity where we have to be nervous about a sicko snatching our kids..It could happen to anyone one of us here on this board's hometown..The RSOs are everywhere and IMO until that becomes better regulated ..controlled..and appropriately monitored then all parents need to stay on their toes..Definitely not just CCity parents by far...

In a town that is infested with RSO's, I find that scary if LE told those children they have nothing to worry about when walking around town by themselves. Even if Hailey never went missing!! Children should always be aware of their surroundings and potential dangers.

I understand they don't want the kids to be scared (and I'm sure they are), but I find that astonishing.

Maybe schools should have classes to look up the RSOs in their area and memorize their pics. I am quite serious. Sadly, this world now requires even children to learn early how to survive.

Thanks to Soulmagent and Ransom for clearing that up for me. So, it wouldn't have hurt to let CD and BD watch those tapes. Unless....LE is holding back because there really was something on the tapes?

Please hurry this investigation along, LE.

I am really leaning towards all the witness sighting being true and the bloodhounds finding her scent.

How would they know to run the bloodhounds arround a hotel?

Answer IMO she was saw there.

Why did they only hit on one of 6 random hotels they went to?

Answer IMO she was only at one.

How do we know which hotel tape they showed clint?

Answer IMO we dont.

LE will lie to the media if they have to protect an investigation but they dont like to. They would rather not say nothing. And make it hard for there spokeperson to make a decent statement. IMO

Wonder where the hotel trash goes and what trash company drives it there.

Are there even six hotel in CC? Wow now I worried about the trashman.

In a crime of this type, there's nothing strange about LE waiting to arrest someone. Nearly every missing child case is like this unless they find a body, and even then it takes time to build a case and try to make it airtight.

I understand the frustration, but it's the same in the Kyron Horman case in Oregon and the Caylee case in Florida.

ETA: And there are plenty of other cases, those are just two that I am more familiar with.

I'm familiar with LE and what they do and why, but this case is all sorts of WRONG, imo.

I only followed Kyron's case at the beginning. Then sides were taken and I just took off. I don't do sides. I DO for the missing person. I don't do 3 whites of eyes, don't do make up, hair, what I would do, shirts they should wear, demeanor, my own story to fit the "scene", what my state does, etc.

I was more or less talking about local LE's protecting their hindside in THIS case because they messed up at the beginning as BD and CD said... Hailey's mom and dad. JMO

I live 2 blocks from middle school, and I wont let my kid walk to school. I fully admit that I am probably one of the most overprotective parents anywhere. Both my friends and my kids (and sometimes even my husband) give me heck about it. Dont care. I'm not going to change. As bad as I am, my mom was worse. I hated the restrictions when I was a kid, but as a mom, I completely understand. And one day my kids will understand also.

I have no idea why, but it seems like every six months or so another one moves into town. There is a high risk who moved in with family 2 1/2 blocks from me about 2 years ago. I think the current count for our county is 24 RSOs. ugh. And it is not like there is a 'safer' neighborhood to move into. Besides a few streets near the high school (where all of the houses are very nice - and the taxes are outrageous), the town is a mix of very nice houses to average houses to shacks to abandoned, burnt out hulls, usually all on the same block.

Just wanted to post that there are a group of us working on transcripts from Clint's interview earlier this evening.

If you have done one, please let us know so we'll stop - LOL! If you have started, let us know and we can put it all together.

I just finished the first 15 minutes and will start on another part.

We're still working on it. I just now finished another 15-minute segment - it took two hours. Two others are working also and we'll have it posted first thing in the morning...

:eek:fftobed:

I still don't understand what provoked LE to go to the hotels with the dogs in the first place. moo

Hey guys I got a question for anyone who may know an answer...

Tonight during the show the woman named Bea(1of the 2 ladies conducting the online interview}while speaking to Naomi she brought up the much "ado about nothing" issue the red hooped earrings..when asking Naomi about this particular issue she made the comment of "the red hoop earrings has one of the reporters thats covering the case all up in arms..harping on this issue"{not a direct quote but hope close enough to jog you guys memory of what I'm referring to}..

Does anyone remember this part in the interview?
And was wanting to know if anyone knew what and who she was referring to about this person being so consumed with all things about the red hoop earrings?

It struck me as odd and I have been pondering about it ever since..and do have a certain person that It possibly could be about whom she was referring to that was so obsessed with the earrings. but of course would only be a wild guess..thats why I wanted to check to see if any of you all knew for sure exactly what it was that Bea was referring to..

TIA

bbm

I think she was referring to NG...

I still don't understand what provoked LE to go to the hotels with the dogs in the first place. moo
I think the "hotel" came from Lubbock - at the time they were just starting to investigate Elizabeth Ennen and that happened at a hotel. But all this is JMHO

If you disagree with a post you can respectfully say you disagree with a post.
You can have an opinion. But just because someone posts a different opinion than yours, that doesn't mean it is a slam. It means they see it another way.

Furthermore, Moderators have warned 40 times or more times not to talk about other posters.

It is in the OP of this thread.

Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.

No bashing Law Enforcement. Is another rule in the OP.

Bump,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My opinion of the "slam" that Billie did of LE in her statement and some of the comments that were made versus the disappointment of Clint in LE during his interview was the way that they each handled it. Billie appeared to make a point of saying that LE failed completely while Clint said more than once that he did not want to say bad things about LE but there were things that frustrated him. IMO that is a big difference. It does matter how one says something and that will cause a different effect on people who are listening.

BD talked to all of the press and it's on youtube for the world to see and criticize/nit pick. CD talked to a few folks on some obscure website. BIG difference, IMO. Both did good, IMO for their beloved child. I pray they both keep it up ... for HAILEY.

Maybe schools should have classes to look up the RSOs in their area and memorize their pics. I am quite serious. Sadly, this world now requires even children to learn early how to survive.

That would be a step in the right direction. Sadly though, I am afraid that for every sex offender caught, there are dozens (if not more) that are never caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain