TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live 2 blocks from middle school, and I wont let my kid walk to school. I fully admit that I am probably one of the most overprotective parents anywhere. Both my friends and my kids (and sometimes even my husband) give me heck about it. Dont care. I'm not going to change. As bad as I am, my mom was worse. I hated the restrictions when I was a kid, but as a mom, I completely understand. And one day my kids will understand also.

I have no idea why, but it seems like every six months or so another one moves into town. There is a high risk who moved in with family 2 1/2 blocks from me about 2 years ago. I think the current count for our county is 24 RSOs. ugh. And it is not like there is a 'safer' neighborhood to move into. Besides a few streets near the high school (where all of the houses are very nice - and the taxes are outrageous), the town is a mix of very nice houses to average houses to shacks to abandoned, burnt out hulls, usually all on the same block.
24 is controllable, my county has 350, my little village only has 8 however, small place like CC.
At 3 minutes to 12 tonight, I was concerned because my 20 year old was almost late. I worry. She pulled in the drive at exactly 12, right on time. You never stop worrying. Thats love and we're the Mom's and thats our job. :)

But if the area to be searched is on private land, and LE don't have enough for a warrant yet. Then TES could just 'stand by' until that moment arrives. MAYBE???
Mitchell County has 910 sq miles of land , some farm land, but mostly pasture land with very rough terrain, rocky,brushy, and mesquite ridden, and most all other plant life has thorns or stickers on it ! Some you cannot traverse even on horseback !
Scurry County has 902 sq miles of the same. they both have 5.5 sq miles of water respectively, depending on if it rains ! And most all landowners will grant permission to an authorized authority to search . Especially given the current citcumstamces. JFYI

NOT. A legal search warrant exempts the hotel because they have NO choice but to comply. Local LE didn't do squat. IMO

I think you are missing the second part of the equation. A search warrant makes it legal to give surveillance tapes to LE, but it does not mean they can give them to everyone or anyone else. Sure, they can show some footage to the parents to see if they recognize anyone, which they did. But a search warrant doesnt give them a right to release it willy-nilly.

That would be a step in the right direction. Sadly though, I am afraid that for every sex offender caught, there are dozens (if not more) that are never caught.
Plus it just wouldn't work here in Mega Urbanville. I have over 500 of them within a 5 mile radius. AND most of them don't even list an address - they are homeles and, I kid you not, they'll list a corner as their residence (kinda like corner of Main Street and 5th Avenue). It blows your mind. You have to teach your kids street smarts and how to defend themselves. My DD knows all the pressure points along with using leverage. We have to empower our children - that's the only way they will survive.

Get back to discussing this case please. Bashing LE is against the rules.

And the rudeness had better end this very minute. Knock it off .

TIA, but then how can I answer YOUR question when you asked me "by whom"?

You did just fine in answering my question. I was trying to ascertain if you were talking about fellow posters and you told me you were.

So stop arguing with a moderator on the thread which is a another very serious TOS.

I still don't understand what provoked LE to go to the hotels with the dogs in the first place. moo

Beats me, other than the dogs were taken there. Odd to me!

According to City Manager Kampfer, search dogs picked up a few scent spots indicative of Hailey’s presence near the Western Suites hotel off I-20, just a few blocks from Hailey’s home.

Kampfer says the scents were detected after law enforcement brought the dogs to several locations, not by following any sort of “trail” to the hotel.
http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

24 is controllable, my county has 350, my little village only has 8 however, small place like CC.
At 3 minutes to 12 tonight, I was concerned because my 20 year old was almost late. I worry. She pulled in the drive at exactly 12, right on time. You never stop worrying. Thats love and we're the Mom's and thats our job. :)

I agree BB - that's love. And we're the Moms & that's our job.

Get back to discussing this case please. Bashing LE is against the rules.

And the rudeness had better end this very minute. Knock it off .
Yall better mind ! Grandmaj is doing her war dance .....

I am really leaning towards all the witness sighting being true and the bloodhounds finding her scent.

How would they know to run the bloodhounds arround a hotel?

Answer IMO she was saw there.

Why did they only hit on one of 6 random hotels they went to?

Answer IMO she was only at one.

How do we know which hotel tape they showed clint?

Answer IMO we dont.

LE will lie to the media if they have to protect an investigation but they dont like to. They would rather not say nothing. And make it hard for there spokeperson to make a decent statement. IMO

Wonder where the hotel trash goes and what trash company drives it there.

Are there even six hotel in CC? Wow now I worried about the trashman.

Makes me think outside the box. May I ask how this bloodhound search happened? Were the dogs brought into BD's home first? I missed any LE confirmation on these dog searches. Did they not confirm?

I think you are missing the second part of the equation. A search warrant makes it legal to give surveillance tapes to LE, but it does not mean they can give them to everyone or anyone else. Sure, they can show some footage to the parents to see if they recognize anyone, which they did. But a search warrant doesnt give them a right to release it willy-nilly.

You are correct, sort of, IMO. No willy-nilly allowed, but how could some random LE identify anyone (other than the missing person, that they might have never met, but saw a picture)? A parent might see a "relative" or a past "enemy", etc. It happens all the time. IMO

Once a warrant is executed and LE is given the "goods" ... then they can show it to the relative parties in the case, and not that willy-nilly person. IMO. Ole Willy is out the window, imo.

I am really leaning towards all the witness sighting being true and the bloodhounds finding her scent.

How would they know to run the bloodhounds arround a hotel?

Answer IMO she was saw there.

snipped...

It was said in an earlier thread upstream that HD and her friends used to
go to that motel to stand outside and get wifi. I think that could be one explanation for the scent being hit upon there.

AGREED! Mine is almost 20 now and married. No kids of her own, but when she moved 2100 miles away from home when her hubby returned from Iraq.... I had her on the internet checking near her new apapartment complex. She will ALWAYS be my baby. We as mother's need to educate our children... no offense but that is not the teachers job IMHO... and those are only the folks that are registered that show up on the maps. I don't wanna know the real numbers! I'd be the mother in law in my daughter's car in the back seat! following her everywhere!! :banghead:

Mexican cartels are active in towns surrounding Big Spring, Lubbock, Brownsville, etc. There are alot of dangers in these areas we don't know about. You just don't know whose involved in what.
http://www.npr.org/news/graphics/2009/mar/mexico_cartel/index.html

Thanks. I had no idea. I am familiar with my state border with Mexico and some of the Tex-Mex border (when we were stationed there with the Air Force), but I never thought about that in peaceful/nice/friendly West Texas. UGH.

So this hotel was the newest built? And the closest to HD's home?
Just the facy that it was new would be attractive to teens seeking free wi-fi.
BUT just after Christmas, money does.burn holes in "some" teens pockets so a fast food joint or coffee shop seems more likely to me. but thats MOO

AGREED! Mine is almost 20 now and married. No kids of her own, but when she moved 2100 miles away from home when her hubby returned from Iraq.... I had her on the internet checking near her new apapartment complex. She will ALWAYS be my baby. We as mother's need to educate our children... no offense but that is not the teachers job IMHO... and those are only the folks that are registered that show up on the maps. I don't wanna know the real numbers! I'd be the mother in law in my daughter's car in the back seat! following her everywhere!! :banghead:
Oh yeah, my kids and the whole world around me know how I feel about safety.
I must be really tired, shame on me, my daughter turned 21 last month and I forgot already, but I darn sure know where she was tonight, lol.

czgtz - question please...

I mean this most respectfully. You said last night (I think) that BD and CD were in contact and that CD had stopped by the house in the past day or so. Tonight in his interview he specifically said that he hadn't spoken to BD in at least a week.

My question is this - is BD telling you that CD stays in touch or that he stopped by? Why would she lie about that? I believe CD - plus he hasn't even been in town - he's gone 4000 miles in the past weeks. So, why do you think BD is telling you these things?

czgtz - question please...

I mean this most respectfully. You said last night (I think) that BD and CD were in contact and that CD had stopped by the house in the past day or so. Tonight in his interview he specifically said that he hadn't spoken to BD in at least a week.

My question is this - is BD telling you that CD stays in touch or that he stopped by? Why would she lie about that? I believe CD - plus he hasn't even been in town - he's gone 4000 miles in the past weeks. So, why do you think BD is telling you these things?

I thought CZ said she was there when he stopped by. Or maybe it was implied. Something like, "I'm over at BD's quite often, and CD stopped by just the other day."

Now, I'll have to look it up...

Ok, here it is per CZ: "Clint is still in contact with Billie. He came by her house just the other day while I was there.

IMM, JMO, etc, no one has 'abandoned' Billie."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members