TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing that's been said that indicates LE did not view the tapes themselves.

And, again, just because a search warrant is obtained doesn't mean LE can just do anything they please with what is obtained. And there are some things they might have a RIGHT to do with evidence obtained but have an ETHICAL OBLIGATION not to do with evidence obtained.

For instance, they might obtain a search warrant for my house and have the right to confiscate my underwear. But that doesn't give them the right to run said underwear up the flag pole in front of the post office in town square, and I'm "guessin'" they have an ethical obligation NOT to do so!

Good point. And, on Nancy Grace it was confirmed LE went through all of the hotel surveillance video carefully (30 days), no sign of Hailey. Maybe only gave Clint 3 hours of video because out of 30 days worth, there is only 3 hours of video with people on the cameras. If it was simply slow at the hotel - possibly not so many of their trucker customers working on the long holiday weekend. So, what Clint sees on the tapes is not much happening but employees and such. There aren't going to people checking in and out at all times if it was slow - so the tape would show a whole lot of nuttin! Gotta be frustrating, but just the way it is, imo. Or maybe they only gave him the 30 hours between 12/27 a.m. and 12/28 mid day.

It would be difficult for Clint and Billie to sit and watch video of nothing for 30 days x 24 hours - not time well spent when their daughter is missing, imo. I guess Clint is saying he would be willing to do that to see if he and/or Billie recognize anybody on the tapes and I admire that. But, I just personally don't think he would see anything he hasn't been shown. JMO..

Reference: Nancy Grace 1/10/11
GRACE: We are taking your calls live. Straight out to Michael Board. Michael, before you get going, this is what I found out right before we go to air. We investigate that local motel ourselves, Michael Board. We find out they`ve got surveillance inside and outside. I got all the answers tonight. They keep their surveillance video for at least 30 days, and that all of the surveillance video has been combed over by police -- outside, the parking lot, inside, on all the halls, the lobby. Nothing of Hailey, OK? So that`s a big scratch.
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/10/ng.01.html

Interesting enough, NYE happened on that Friday when BD said both her and SA went in to take a poly and because they had taken ativan the night before, they couldn't be tested.

I will try and find that Nancy Grace transcript.

ETA: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

BILLIE DUNN: Thanks for having us again. I don`t know. They had me very faithful (ph) in that test. We brought the polygraph up first. We asked for it, and they were told us -- they told us they were very confident in those tests. They -- I put a lot of confidence into those tests.

The first Friday they had it set up for us to take, we had taken Ativan the night before to go to sleep. They didn`t tell us we couldn`t have anxiety medicine. So when we were able to get it set up again -- Shawn had actually called them and asked them if he could come down and take it yet, and they said yes. They came, picked him up. He took his. I went in. They told me he failed it. I lost it, of course. I told them I had so much faith in that test.

Then they took me over to the courthouse. I took a polygraph test. I failed it, lost all faith in the test. A couple of other people failed it. One guy I do not know. One person took it three times, took it twice and failed it...

So so quiet... are we all waiting on those transcripts?

So so quiet... are we all waiting on those transcripts?

LOL! I think Wise Old Owl had to send them to the mods, but I figured everyone was listening to the interview right now since there's a link posted for it. It's an hour...

I will not give her a pass on the beer. Not aware is not an excuse.

2 cases of beer = 48 cans of beer

48 cans of beer = 576 ounces of beer (48 cans x 12 ounces per can)

576 ounces of beer = 4.5 gallons of beer

I just cannot for one minute believe that she didn't notice the equivalent of 4.5 milk jugs being lugged into her home. I mean, afterall, Clint was able to see this from a field away.

Nope, will not accept any excuse from BD that she was not aware of there being a party at her home. JMO, IMO.

Maybe she just didn't care about what was going on around her because the only thing that meant anything to her was the fact that her daughter was missing?
Maybe someone else was just inconsiderate and thinking of getting their buzz on, instead of how something like bringing beer over would reflect on Billie?

Maybe she just didn't care about what was going on around her because the only thing that meant anything to her was the fact that her daughter was missing?
Maybe someone else was just inconsiderate and thinking of getting their buzz on, instead of how something like bringing beer over would reflect on Billie?

BBM

I agree that is possible...

However, I find it extremely difficult to believe she only thought SA had "a" -as in ONE beer - out of the two cases brought into her home.

BBM

THUD! Oh my panties would be TWISTED over that too! Until whoever was responsible for Hailey's disappearance is behind bars, no one is safe IMO

Regarding LE coming to the school and speaking with the children. It's a crying shame less than a handful of parents even bothered to show up. IMO it shows just how much they really care.

Regarding LE coming to the school and speaking with the children. It's a crying shame less than a handful of parents even bothered to show up. IMO it shows just how much they really care.

Really? Only a few parents showed up like in 4 or 5? :banghead:

So I'm wondering if we will hear anything from BD in an attempt to gloss over the things that Clint said last night? JMO but I think she will have a hard time if she tries to. I think she has dug herself into a hole she won't ever be able to get out of.

~jmo~

Billie has known SA for 2.5 years, had some very rocky times, and knows he threatened the lives of at least her and Clint in the past. Clint has known Billie for at least 17 years, married her and had a child with her. He is trying to wrap his head around her inconsistencies and give her the benefit of the doubt, but says he can't imagine the Billie he knew being involved, but he doesn't know what to think. He is able to start considering the possibility that some of her motives might not be in Hailey's best interest based on what has developed, because even if it feels like a betrayal of Billie, he won't betray Hailey and only wants the truth (no matter how hard it is to accept). So, why can't Billie do the same with Shawn?

JMO...

BBM

I agree that is possible...

However, I find it extremely difficult to believe she only thought SA had "a" -as in ONE beer - out of the two cases brought into her home.

You're probably right about that, but honestly, if it were me on Nancy's show that night discussing the party, I'd have downplayed it too. But then again, I probably wouldn't have answered half of those questions because they leaned more towards tabloid information than finding my child information.

I wish Billie had done the kind of interview that CD did last night.
I know it was important to do the NG show because it's national and draws more attention, but I think we'd all be a little more forgiving of some things had our first impressions of her came from somewhere like the interviewers last night.

Interesting enough, NYE happened on that Friday when BD said both her and SA went in to take a poly and because they had taken ativan the night before, they couldn't be tested.

I will try and find that Nancy Grace transcript.

ETA: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

Another interesting thing to note is that if the discard dates on prescription medication are exactly one year from the date they are dispensed, the Ativan was dispensed and likely picked up on Dec 31st according to the discard date on the bottle. So they couldn't have taken it the night before if they just picked it up that day.

MOO

Is Ativan a drug that has some street value?

Good point. And, on Nancy Grace it was confirmed LE went through all of the hotel surveillance video carefully (30 days), no sign of Hailey. Maybe only gave Clint 3 hours of video because out of 30 days worth, there is only 3 hours of video with people on the cameras. If it was simply slow at the hotel - possibly not so many of their trucker customers working on the long holiday weekend. So, what Clint sees on the tapes is not much happening but employees and such. There aren't going to people checking in and out at all times if it was slow - so the tape would show a whole lot of nuttin! Gotta be frustrating, but just the way it is, imo. Or maybe they only gave him the 30 hours between 12/27 a.m. and 12/28 mid day.

It would be difficult for Clint and Billie to sit and watch video of nothing for 30 days x 24 hours - not time well spent when their daughter is missing, imo. I guess Clint is saying he would be willing to do that to see if he and/or Billie recognize anybody on the tapes and I admire that. But, I just personally don't think he would see anything he hasn't been shown. JMO..

Reference: Nancy Grace 1/10/11
GRACE: We are taking your calls live. Straight out to Michael Board. Michael, before you get going, this is what I found out right before we go to air. We investigate that local motel ourselves, Michael Board. We find out they`ve got surveillance inside and outside. I got all the answers tonight. They keep their surveillance video for at least 30 days, and that all of the surveillance video has been combed over by police -- outside, the parking lot, inside, on all the halls, the lobby. Nothing of Hailey, OK? So that`s a big scratch.
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/10/ng.01.html

Nothing of Hailey ok. What about people connected to Hailey from school,sports extended family etc. LE would not know who's car is a car that is driven by somebody Hailey knows/knew or was connected to. If say it is not a suspect or someone they have even heard of yet.

Maybe someone wearing a hoody that was Haileys. There could be great insight into letting CD and BD veiw the whole 30 days worth of tape and if not no harm no foul right?

I completely agree with what CD said about that issue. If it were my child I would be demanding the same.I would not ever let it rest. I would always think what if there is something on that tape.

As far as parents not showing up, I'm sure most in the town are well aware that the person who took Hailey is closely associated with her and realize that there's not a pervert running around snatching children off the street. Everyone knows everything in a small town and I'm sure there's been plenty of gossip going on.

~jmo~

::truce::truce::banghead::banghead:

So it really doesn't appear that there is any wide spread panic or fear in the community then.

I wonder if that's b/c most people in the community feel that SA and possible even BD are responsible. If so, they may think their kids are safe since LE has at least SA under surveillance.

Its around 10 degrees today, are there folks actually out there searching?

::truce::truce::banghead::banghead:

So it really doesn't appear that there is any wide spread panic or fear in the community then.

Not to an extreme. Most are convinced this may have been an isolated incident and that it may have been an "inside" job. Then again, one never knows.

It's like anything. You see and hear about things like this on television and think no, this couldn't happen to me. It has raised awareness for many parents though, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998