fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Girl-9-Found-Dead-114290609.html

Cops: Girl Killed by "Someone" Not "Something"

An autopsy revealed that Elizabeth Holloway died from blunt force trauma

Homicide detectives are investigating the death of a nine-year-old girl in Mountain View.

Officers received a report of a non-breathing child at a home in the 300 block of Milbrae Street on Monday. The family told police they noticed Elizabeth Holloway, 9, did not appear to be breathing and had “sort of a fixed look in her eyes.”

"She had her daughter in her arms and she was telling me to come here. When I went out there she laid her daughter in the doorway and her daughter was just passed out,” said Lajahnique Webster.

Webster called her mother who rushed to their aid.

Elizabeth’s 25-year-old mother and her mother’s 27-year-old boyfriend were home when officers were called to the scene. It’s not yet clear when the girl received the injuries that led to her death.

"At this point it appears to be from a someone, not a something," said Lt. Rooney.

The girl’s siblings, a 1-year-old and 7-year-old, were taken by Child Protective Services.

<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jan/20/san-diego-childs-death-termed-homicide/#

Death of 9-year-old investigated as homicide

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What a beautiful child.

I don't like this, not one bit.

:(

RIP Elizabeth.

Why does this keep happening.

Just makes me sick to read the news anymore.

No one is arrested yet??? Oh, I hate this kind of crime SO much!!!! God bless this child and her siblings. Let justice be served.

Gee, did the apartment maybe not have enough bedrooms? One child had to go? :(

Death of 9-year-old San Diego girl remains unsolved

Elizabeth Holloway's family and friends gathered Friday to remember her short life
Friday, January 28, 2011 at 7:46 p.m

On Friday, more than 120 mourners gathered at El Camino Memorial in Mountain View to say goodbye to the child who lay in an open white casket at the front of the chapel. Many burst into sobs and clung to each other as they filed past Elizabeth, who was dressed in a frilly white dress, gloves and tiara.

“Our hearts are such a jumble. It’s hard to see God’s hand,” said the Rev. John Rinaldi, who officiated. “Elizabeth is home. Of this, I have no doubt.”

After the service, friends, school employees and family followed in procession to Mount Hope Cemetery, where Elizabeth was buried.

.......................................................................................................

In an interview this week, Rooney said, “We’re not going to rush this. We’re going to do it right.”

He declined to say when the fatal blow was inflicted, or what part of Elizabeth’s body was struck.

Court records show that Cardenas was convicted of misdemeanor shoplifting, with prior convictions, in 2007 and placed on three years’ probation.

Cardenas and boyfriend Lorenzo Castillo, 27, had a son about a year ago. The family of five moved into the Mountain View apartment three days before Elizabeth’s death. It was the third move in seven months for the family, Rooney said.

“That makes it a little more difficult to track school and medical records,” he said. “We’re trying to interview everyone who has information on Elizabeth, to try to figure out if there was any abuse going on prior to her death.”

County Child Protective Services took custody of Cardenas’ other two children the day after Elizabeth’s death, he said.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<:(full article at link:(>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jan/28/death-9-year-old-girl-remains-unsolved/#

Mom Arrested in Child's Death

The mother of a nine-year-old girl who died earlier this month has been arrested for allegedly murdering her daughter, according to police.

Elizabeth Holloway&#8217;s mother, Crystal Cardenas, 25, was arrested as she walked in the 1600 block of Canyon Road in Spring Valley at 10.25 a.m. Monday.

"I knew she did it,"said Veronica Rios, Cardenas' cousin. "Her stories were not matching up, she showed no emotion."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41356056

This poor child.....I hope her mother never sees another sunrise or sunset in freedom....

A mother accused of murdering her 9-year-old daughter abused the girl for months, according to prosecutors.

&#8220;Including being strangled, punched, kicked, burned and thrown to the ground,&#8221; said prosecutor Lindsey Krause.

Crystal Cardenas, 25, pleaded not guilty to 9-year-old Elizabeth Holloway&#8217;s murder in a San Diego courtroom on Wednesday.

Prosecutors say Cardenas had been abusing Elizabeth for the last 17 months -- ever since she moved in with her. Holloway previously lived with her father in the Los Angeles area.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41398935

aw sweet little punkin. I am so sorry your mother was not a mother. :(

I wonder how many people knew what was going on and did nothing.

Poor baby.

fran

I wonder how many people knew what was going on and did nothing.

Poor baby.

fran

I wonder that as well. I mean, the sister was pretty sure she was capable... Poor girl. And from the link tlcox provided above, this quote just plain hurts to read...

“I was just giving her CPR and she just wasn't waking up," said neighbor Sagirah Means. "Just like cold and turning blue and purple. She was just lifeless and I just wanted to save her."

Officers and paramedics arrived on scene.

"I was screaming, I was crying, they kept telling me to move back," said Means.

I knew that I wasn't going to get any good news by revisiting this thread, the beautiful child had already passed.

I wasn't expecting this news, however.

There aren't any words left for me to express what I feel.

&#8220;Elizabeth vomited a few times over these days. She described not being able to feel her legs and she told her 7-year-old half sister that she thought she was going to die,&#8221; said Krause.

*bursts into tears*

I wish she had been able to stay with her father...wonder what happened...imagine how he feels...

Every time I read one of these stories, my heart breaks a little more. Children are the most precious gift anyone will ever have. How can they abuse and murder them? TWA sweet girl. Your sister and brother will hopefully never endure what you had to.

From September 2012:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2012/sep/18/sentencing-set-mom-who-beat-daughter-death/

A San Diego mother who tortured her daughter with punches, kicks and insults for 17 months, until her blows killed the 9-year-old last year, was sent to prison Tuesday...

She pleaded guilty on Aug. 21 to second-degree murder, which carries a sentence of 15 years to life.

Castillo was arrested on the same charges as Cardenas. He pleaded guilty in December to one count of felony child abuse resulting in great bodily injury. He was sentenced to nine years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back