TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
CD didn't seem to know anything about the mystery threat man. I found that odd. If Billie were truly frightened that he had not been found by LE, wouldn't she have asked CD about the guy? She said all of her family knew him well, thus CD probably knew him too.

I would think she would have discussed it with him, at the very least to make sure he is aware in case the mystery man tries to come back into the neighborhood.

Clint not knowing anything about it makes me feel like it was a big load of nothing.

from transcipt;
CD: I’m not sure who Billie Jean is talking about there. Um, I - I haven’t talked to herr, since I went to El Paso last week. I haven’t talked to Billie Jean and I haven’t called her on the phone or anything. And, you know, that’s all I know is what you know from that - that right there.

Ok so Billie was told about this supposedly a couple of weeks ago and didnt see fit to call Clint and tell him that someone had threatened her and Hailey? Surely even she would have realised he had a right to know?

I wonder if that's b/c most people in the community feel that SA and possible even BD are responsible. If so, they may think their kids are safe since LE has at least SA under surveillance.

I wonder if SA is under 24/7 surveillance now that Texas Rangers, FBI and other LE have scaled back manpower?

I'd like to ask anybody from the area how fast someone would have to be driving to make it from Big Spring to CC in 20 minutes. It's 40.9 miles from door to door according to Google maps. Even at 80 miles an hour it would still take 30 minutes.

:waitasec:

The speed limit on I-20 is 80mph-- chances are they go even faster, jmo

http://gorvtexas.com/speed.htm

Thanks. I had no idea. I am familiar with my state border with Mexico and some of the Tex-Mex border (when we were stationed there with the Air Force), but I never thought about that in peaceful/nice/friendly West Texas. UGH.
OK ! I am confused ! Do you mean to imply there could possibly be Mexican Cartel activity at the Hotel where the dogs picked up HD scent ? This is a new Hotel, right ?

Who owns and operates it ? That is a scarey thought ! IMO
Ref: post 176 this thread

Ok so Billie was told about this supposedly a couple of weeks ago and didnt see fit to call Clint and tell him that someone had threatened her and Hailey? Surely even she would have realised he had a right to know?

I think the threat was trivial, and since the individual is known by the family, Clint may have given it the poopoo before it gained any ground-- so she didn't let him in on it. jmo

Since it's so slow....

Last night I was wondering if I could ask anyone one question in this case, what would it be? Must exclude Billie and Shawn (previous POI and current suspect).

I thought of a few and finally decided upon:

Person:
DB - the family friend who Hailey stayed with for a few weeks last school year

Question:
What are all of the things you and Hailey talked about during her stay with you?

I think an honest answer from her on this question could fill in some blanks in terms of who Hailey really felt most comfortable with, possible conflicts in the family that may or may not relate in some way to Hailey's disappearance, maybe some friends of Hailey's that her CC friends and family don't know about (boys or girls) and could be questioned to gain more insight into Hailey. Since I've ruled a stranger abduction the least likely scenario at this time (but still possible), I think more about Hailey herself from someone other than parental figures could be useful.

If anyone is so inclined, I'd love to hear who and what you would ask for possible clues..

I must have missed something, who was the previous POI- I know about SA but not sure of anyone else.

My question would be to SA's mother-( if she would answer-) was SA at your house on Monday, what hours and was he there on Tues and what hours. I also would like to talk to some of his co-workers that saw him Monday morning,

from drugs.com: ativan and klonopin and all those benzos are typically 1-4 dollars per pill

Thanks. An earlier post pointed out an experience with amnesia while taking a legitimately prescribed benzo medication, I believe it was not remembering details about a car accident.

When I looked up benzos at eMedicineHealth.com, it stated one of the medical uses for this class of medication is specifically to produce amnesia effects for uncomfortable medical procedures and surgeries.

This effect could very well be one of the reasons for the screwy inconsistencies in details some people have shown in this case.

Thinking about benzos also brings me back to the subject of the beer. If some people were in the 'habit' so to speak, of taking benzos, and then overnight their ability to continue was very abruptly stopped because of scrutiny, polygraphs, LE tracking, media spotlight, etc., I would imagine said people might be needing a fix in a mighty large way, especially with all the pressures and stresses. It would not surprise me if beer became a stand-in substitute for benzos, under the circumstances. Its legal and its fairly cheap.

If we do not know WHO brought/bought the beer, it could have been a 'gift' from an 'understanding and sympathetic friend'.

I have a distant family member who has just experienced a death in the family with extraordinary and unusual circumstances; it has been on the news and Dr. Phil staff contacted him yesterday to be on his show. They have not even had the funeral yet, and this sent him into such a tailspin that he typed on Facebook late at night that he couldn't sleep and probably needed a beer. It would not surprise me if he had any number of good buddies showing up at his door within 10-15 minutes bearing beer and a sympathetic ear, maybe the whole fire department he works at, heck, maybe half the town, for that matter (small town). I would not cast aspersions on this. Of course, he has NO history of substance abuse, a mitigating factor.

Another possibility on the New Years beer: maybe someone intentionally kept the beer flowing, hoping it would relax inhibitions and keep mouths moving. :innocent:

Hailey, YOU ARE LOVED. Please, please, come back and be reading this someday in the future. And thanks to SuperChicken for introducing this hope; it helps me sleep better at night.

Since it's so slow....

Last night I was wondering if I could ask anyone one question in this case, what would it be? Must exclude Billie and Shawn (previous POI and current suspect).

I thought of a few and finally decided upon:

Person:
DB - the family friend who Hailey stayed with for a few weeks last school year

Question:
What are all of the things you and Hailey talked about during her stay with you?

I think an honest answer from her on this question could fill in some blanks in terms of who Hailey really felt most comfortable with, possible conflicts in the family that may or may not relate in some way to Hailey's disappearance, maybe some friends of Hailey's that her CC friends and family don't know about (boys or girls) and could be questioned to gain more insight into Hailey. Since I've ruled a stranger abduction the least likely scenario at this time (but still possible), I think more about Hailey herself from someone other than parental figures could be useful.

If anyone is so inclined, I'd love to hear who and what you would ask for possible clues..
I've said this before - but I would like to ask DD my question - or actually what I would say -

DD, tell me everything you can remember from Sunday afternoon at 2 PM up until Tuesday afternoon when you texted MB for Hailey to come home.

Me thinks that would clear a whole lotta questions we have right up.

I think the threat was trivial, and since the individual is known by the family, Clint may have given it the poopoo before it gained any ground-- so she didn't let him in on it. jmo

I've been inclined to believe the mystery man was poopoo from the first time we heard about it! But, since Clint was tracking down any and all leads and he seemed to know what the caller was asking about last night, I wonder why he never asked Billie or LE who she was referring to?

Come to think of it, maybe it just seemed like he knew what the caller was talking because he didn't ask questions. Maybe it was the first time he'd heard about it if he's not keeping up with all media.

So many maybes - I feel so unstable!!!

Not until u get to Monahans which is 98 miles southwest of Big Spring. It is 70 fron CCity to Big Spring. Same website

So it is possible that he was racing to get home and he wouldn't have stood out all that much. But why would he drive that fast to get home for 3pm? Did he usually get home at that time? And if he didn't get home at 3pm why did he say he did? Why did he tell BD that he left BS shortly after 2pm when we know now that he didn't?

LE has the pings IMO. They know exactly what time he got to CC. I just don't understand the lying about this. :waitasec:

MOO

I think that Clint was saying "the day before she went missing" on Monday, implying Sunday. That's JMHO and I could be wrong, but that's how I take what he is saying.

CLINT DUNN: I seen her the day before. Later on that night, D came over -- my son came over and asked me...

BILLIE DUNN: Tuesday.

CLINT DUNN: ... or Tuesday, he came over asking me if I had seen her, if she`d came over that day. And I hadn`t.

Clint had not seen Hailey on Tuesday (re: D asking ON TUESDAY if he had seen her or if she had come over "that day").

Clint had seen Hailey on Monday (in his words "I seen her the day before") while Billie Jean clarified that this conversation had taken place on Tuesday, which he seems to confirm.

I must have missed something, who was the previous POI- I know about SA but not sure of anyone else.

My question would be to SA's mother-( if she would answer-) was SA at your house on Monday, what hours and was he there on Tues and what hours. I also would like to talk to some of his co-workers that saw him Monday morning,

Though LE never publicly named Billie a POI, Kampfer did say Monday after her press conference that Billie was no longer a POI and was "ruled out".

Good questions (if SA's mom would answer honestly..)

Thanks. An earlier post pointed out an experience with amnesia while taking a legitimately prescribed benzo medication, I believe it was not remembering details about a car accident.

When I looked up benzos at eMedicineHealth.com, it stated one of the medical uses for this class of medication is specifically to produce amnesia effects for uncomfortable medical procedures and surgeries.

This effect could very well be one of the reasons for the screwy inconsistencies in details some people have shown in this case.

Thinking about benzos also brings me back to the subject of the beer. If some people were in the 'habit' so to speak, of taking benzos, and then overnight their ability to continue was very abruptly stopped because of scrutiny, polygraphs, LE tracking, media spotlight, etc., I would imagine said people might be needing a fix in a mighty large way, especially with all the pressures and stresses. It would not surprise me if beer became a stand-in substitute for benzos, under the circumstances. Its legal and its fairly cheap.

If we do not know WHO brought/bought the beer, it could have been a 'gift' from an 'understanding and sympathetic friend'.

I have a distant family member who has just experienced a death in the family with extraordinary and unusual circumstances; it has been on the news and Dr. Phil staff contacted him yesterday to be on his show. They have not even had the funeral yet, and this sent him into such a tailspin that he typed on Facebook late at night that he couldn't sleep and probably needed a beer. It would not surprise me if he had any number of good buddies showing up at his door within 10-15 minutes bearing beer and a sympathetic ear, maybe the whole fire department he works at, heck, maybe half the town, for that matter (small town). I would not cast aspersions on this. Of course, he has NO history of substance abuse, a mitigating factor.

Another possibility on the beer: maybe someone intentionally kept the beer flowing, hoping it would relax inhibitions and keep mouths moving. :innocent:

Hailey, YOU ARE LOVED. Please, please, come back and be reading this someday in the future. And thanks to SuperChicken for introducing this hope; it helps me sleep better at night.

Thats what I have been thinking...about were benzos possibly used? What illegal drug was purchased? we dunno
how horrible would it be if your child went missing, you KNEW you memories were fuzzy during that time but just couldn't connect the dots!

MOO COULD apply to any of the parental figures here (without their consent or knowledge) not pointing fingers.

CLINT DUNN: I seen her the day before. Later on that night, D came over -- my son came over and asked me...

BILLIE DUNN: Tuesday.

CLINT DUNN: ... or Tuesday, he came over asking me if I had seen her, if she`d came over that day. And I hadn`t.

Clint had not seen Hailey on Tuesday (re: D asking ON TUESDAY if he had seen her or if she had come over "that day").

Clint had seen Hailey on Monday (in his words "I seen her the day before") while Billie Jean clarified that this conversation had taken place on Tuesday, which he seems to confirm.

Wouldn't LE include Clint's account when stating there were no credible sightings on Monday? I think they would. mo

Another possibility on the New Years beer: maybe someone intentionally kept the beer flowing, hoping it would relax inhibitions and keep mouths moving. :innocent:

I also have to add that I have some degree of sympathy for a person who legitimately NEEDS a presciption and cannot afford to keep paying for it if it is not covered by insurance. I have known someone in this unfortunate situation. The results endangered some of my closest loved ones due to his mental instability. Did BD say in the Feb.911 call that SA had mental health issues? I forget how she worded it. Anyone have a handy link to that 911 call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288