TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a problem use your alert button. It doesn't mean that moderators will agree. But this fighting is not going to be tolerated. If we see a TOS we will deal with it.

Officials have said there are no new developments in the search for Hailey Dunn while volunteers gathered Saturday morning to renew search efforts.
Colorado City city manager Pete Kampfer said he had no comment about the Billie Dunn press conference last week other than “she is trying to do what she thinks is best to find Hailey I’m sure.”

Kampfer said that investigators have continued working on the case, but have had to fight the cold over the last several days.

Results from several pieces of possible evidence are still not available, he said.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=338856

BBM

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336996

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer confirmed Monday Billie Dunn has been ruled out as a person of interest in her daughter's disappearance.

This seems pretty clear and straightforward to me.

But you'll notice, that is not a direct quote from Kampfer.

We also have this article:

He said at this time Law Enforcement may not want to name anyone else, because they don't want to tip off other persons of interest on their investigation.He added that Billie Dunn is not a person of interest in her daughter's case.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26683573/detail.html

Being "ruled out" is not the same thing as "not a person of interest". We don't know what exactly what was said without a direct quote.

Officials have said there are no new developments in the search for Hailey Dunn while volunteers gathered Saturday morning to renew search efforts.
Colorado City city manager Pete Kampfer said he had no comment about the Billie Dunn press conference last week other than “she is trying to do what she thinks is best to find Hailey I’m sure.”

Kampfer said that investigators have continued working on the case, but have had to fight the cold over the last several days.

Results from several pieces of possible evidence are still not available, he said.

Thank you! My search engine completely missed this. :waitasec:

I would not go so far to say 'unfit' but I would say the home was 'unsafe.' We now have several accounts of friends and family who have stated that Hailey felt 'unsafe' around SA.

Look at the many pictures of him, where he proudly role plays as a serial killer, as a slasher who attacks young girls, and then try and tell me she had no reason to 'feel' some fear.

Hailey also knew about the drama surrounding the death threats that Shawn made against her parents and her uncle. [and maybe even against her, as Shawn admits to LE that he did threaten Hailey apparently]

She seemed intent upon staying with others as often as possible. She wanted to move out of that home.

Add to that,the fact that the house was rarely locked up, and the window on the door was broken, and Hailey was home alone quite often. "Unsafe imo.'

Also, BD did not keep track of where her child was. She said [through CZ] that she did not feel the need to check up on her that night because she 'trusted her.' I trust my kids too, but it is the general public I don't trust. I make my youngest call me when she arrives at her destination. When she is sleeping out, she has tyo call and 'check in' when the girls are getting ready for bed. It is common sense. 13 yr olds don't always use their own common sense so we need to look over their shoulders. BD did not seem to do much of that. So imo, it was an unsafe home.

BBM

It would seem that any home deemed UNSAFE for reasons that are preventable would therefore also be UNFIT, or that whoever is responsible for maintaining the home environment in an UNSAFE condition is therefore UNFIT as a responsible parent.

I really hate saying that, as I do feel compassion for Billie in her situation. I feel pretty sure, no matter what the glitches were in her life/mothering, she never thought they would cause the death (or disappearance) of her child. It's too late now to go back and make different choices, which is terribly sad. I wonder, if she were asked, what she would do differently, if anything. THAT answer right there might tell us a great deal about what she 'knows' or strongly suspects without having to deal with it in a direct way.

About Billie being friendly with Shawn... Maybe she is doing that in hopes of him admitting what he did with Hailey? Sort of like a gain my trust so to speak and lying to him.

I'll admit, anything is possible.

But my gut tells me she never really stopped being "friendly" with SA.

JMO

I guess with the weather it hinders the search but the bright side it will also help to preserve evidence too. Hopefully if she is out there someone finds her before the warmer weather sets in.

Okay guys. There was an interview from CD done on a site that isn't allowed on WS. PLEASE stop posting about it here. I have to go to work today and if you guys don't drive the mods crazy with it during the day, I'll open and moderate a thread in the PL about it when I get home this evening. Does that sound like a deal? This isn't usually allowed, but I know you guys want to talk about it.

I'll open the link up for a few hours tonight so you guys can brainstorm. But if everyone drives the mods crazy about it today while I'm gone, I'm not going to do it cuz they'll put me on a TO. :floorlaugh:

If you want to do this, please thank this post.

ETA: In the meantime, remember we have a chat room and I think Chico will allow discussion about the interview there during the day too.

ETA#2: If someone comes on during the day and posts about the site, bump this post for them so they can delete their post right away. I'll see you guys tonight! Don't blow it! :kimsterwink:

Bump............ I'm still reading references.

I'll admit, anything is possible.

But my gut tells me she never really stopped being "friendly" with SA.

JMO

And I certainly do not KNOW this, but if I had to guess, I would guess that if Hailey told her certain things about Shawn's shady actions toward her if there were any, that Billie may have blamed Hailey rather than Shawn. (ETA: the intent of BD's comment about raging hormones?? Shawn's comments about HD's 'promiscuity without any disagreement from her mother??)

I knew a very responsible teacher at the college level whose husband plead GUILTY and served time for sexually abusing her grandchildren AND for secretly video taping her 16 year old daughter. She told me that she just couldn't blame him for his actions with her daughter because, "after all, the way she dressed and acted, she was just asking for it" ! ! ! :eek: :eek:

She visited him regularly in jail for over a year and made it clear he was coming home to live in "HER" home when he got out.

Clearly, her 16 year old daughter was NOT her first priority.

This case just kinda looks similar in ways, kwim?

But you'll notice, that is not a direct quote from Kampfer.

We also have this article:

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26683573/detail.html

Being "ruled out" is not the same thing as "not a person of interest". We don't know what exactly what was said without a direct quote.

You don't want to believe BD has been ruled out, and that's your opinion. I am linking MSM articles that clearly state she has been ruled out according to PK, media liasion for the LE. Here is yet another article and quote from PK...

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/billie-dunn-holds-press-conference

Billie Dunn was considered a "person of interest" in the investigation, but has been ruled out, said Pete Kampfer, spokesperson for the investigation.

also from the same link posted above

Search organizers have called a press conference for 11 a.m. Saturday in Colorado City to discuss their cause.

has anyone seen anything on this?

Has there been anyone come out in the MSM who have vouched for where SA was on Monday (after 6:20 or so) til DD saw him and BD was picked up. Also what about all day on Tues. after he dropped off BD.

On Monday they stopped by BD's mom's home. But what about Tues.? No one has come forward to verify or say they were with him??? IYKWIM... HMMMMM
JMO and all that jazz

also from the same link posted above

Search organizers have called a press conference for 11 a.m. Saturday in Colorado City to discuss their cause.

has anyone seen anything on this?

No. Cant find one on the balloon release either.

Pondering, can you please link the info that confirms that DD was removed by CPS? if I recall correctly, Kampfer issued a statement that he was mistaken when he said that they removed DD. I thought that Billie chose to send DD to live with her brother because of the hateful people cruising the house and throwing things or hurling insults. Has there been a different statement negating Kampfer's statment that he was mistaken?

TIA!

BBM
Well that's what BD said, there are no MSM reports confirming that people are/were actually driving by doing those things.

Just like anything else BD says, you have to take with a grain of salt, just so many darn inconsistencies.

You don't want to believe BD has been ruled out, and that's your opinion. I am linking MSM articles that clearly state she has been ruled out according to PK, media liasion for the LE. Here is yet another article and quote from PK...

Billie Dunn was considered a "person of interest" in the investigation, but has been ruled out, said Pete Kampfer, spokesperson for the investigation.

I think the difference is if you have followed many cases, LE will deny someone is a POI right up until they arrest them. There is one case on here right now that LE said the father was not a suspect saying he had been ruled out, they weren't able to charge him with anything involving his daughter, but he's setting in prison because they went after him another way.......Not saying that is going on here, just offering why some are not so quick to jump on PK's words.

ConcernedMother and ImpatientRedhead,

Is there new information about this? Last I heard, Kampfer told media that he was wrong about CPS and that they did not remove DD...Billie chose to send him to his uncle. Has this changed again?

BBM
Do you have a MSM link for this?

BD stated it was by her choice but as you and I both know, she is full of inconsistencies. Who knows what to believe, right?

It is also worth keeping in mind that LE can, and often DO, say anything they need to say to further an investigation.

So interpretation of this is clearly open.

What people can SAY on Websleuths because of it is NOT.

And I certainly do not KNOW this, but if I had to guess, I would guess that if Hailey told her certain things about Shawn's shady actions toward her if there were any, that Billie may have blamed Hailey rather than Shawn.

I knew a very responsible teacher at the college level whose husband plead GUILTY and served time for sexually abusing her grandchildren AND for secretly video taping her 16 year old daughter. She told me that she just couldn't blame him for his actions with her daughter because, "after all, the way she dressed and acted, she was just asking for it" ! ! ! :eek: :eek:

She visited him regularly in jail for over a year and made it clear he was coming home to live in "HER" home when he got out.
Clearly, her 16 year old daughter was NOT her first priority.
This case just kinda looks similar in ways, kwim?

You could see shades of that in Billies explanation of Hailey's relationship with SA. [ paraphrasing here]

They got along fine, they joked around a lot, and she got to the point where she could ask him for 10 bucks, instead of asking me to ask him.

That is pretty close to verbatim, but I will go search for it to verify.

But my point is that RED FLAGS came up for me when I read that for two reasons. One was the 'joking around a lot.' I had read a few witnesses who said she hated SA and was afraid of him. So to me, the joking around sounded like what many abusers to do their victims. My uncle used to hold me down and tickle me really hard and for so long I would almost wet my pants. I would be in tears when he stopped. For him it was a power thing. He could grab me and hold me down, wrestle with me, IN FRONT OF MY FAMILY, and show me he was in control.
Also, the money thing really bothers me. She should NEVER have been reliant upon him for her 10 dollars of spending money. Why would bIllie even say that as her example. Was she expecting HER daughter to have to ask her 25 yr old boyfriend for lunch money?

From Jan 13 NG TRancript

TRANSCRIPT;
00:08:56 It took some time, but she got over it, and her and shawn were able to joke around with each other.
00:09:02 She was able to go and ask shawn for ten bucks instead of telling me to ask him.
00:09:11 Things have gotten much better.

I think the difference is if you have followed many cases, LE will deny someone is a POI right up until they arrest them. There is one case on here right now that LE said the father was not a suspect saying he had been ruled out, they weren't able to charge him with anything involving his daughter, but he's setting in prison because they went after him another way.......Not saying that is going on here, just offering why some are not so quick to jump on PK's words.

I agree that this can change at any moment...and I have followed lots of cases right along with all of you. I can't predict who they are going to arrest, but I can go by what PK is saying right now and that is BD has been ruled out as a POI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46