TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't want to believe BD has been ruled out, and that's your opinion. I am linking MSM articles that clearly state she has been ruled out according to PK, media liasion for the LE. Here is yet another article and quote from PK...

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/billie-dunn-holds-press-conference

Billie Dunn was considered a "person of interest" in the investigation, but has been ruled out, said Pete Kampfer, spokesperson for the investigation.

I agree that this can change at any moment...and I have followed lots of cases right along with all of you. I can't predict who they are going to arrest, but I can go by what PK is saying right now and that is BD has been ruled out as a POI.

Just getting caught up....but I wanted to bring this post of yours back around.....from thread #33, post #448

Sorry....but Kampfer is not the most reliable source on info on this case.

So has your opinion of Kampfer changed and you now consider him a reliable source of information since he is clearing BD as a POI? :waitasec:

I will never blame BD for not "searching", no parent needs to do that. Ever.

I agree-- but we've heard that Hailey doesn't have good coverage in the region-- not enough posters in store windows, etc. There is so much she could be doing. mo

where is hailey dunn.. she obviously did not run away or abscond with someone. something happened to her..

as to the searchers dedicating all their available hours to finding her... the only word that comes to my mind is warm.. and dedicated.

the only thing cold in texas is the temperature.

moo

I, for one, have to say that I've been very impressed with the community of CC thru all this. They are still out there searching after 5 weeks. But unfortunately, IMO, as time goes by, there will be less searchers. And I don't think the searchers will stop coming because of something someone said or did. It's just the way it is. These people are volunteers and have given whatever spare time they could in the last 5 weeks. But I think it is inevitable that most of them will slowly return to their own home lifes. All IMO.

That's all in the affidavit:

According to Roger OSTRANDER, Hailey DUNN’s maternal uncle, after Hailey DUNN’s disappearance, ADKINS and OSTRANDER were speaking about the disappearance and OSTRANDER stated he could not believe anybody would hurt a 13 year old little girl, to which ADKINS replied, “yah, it’s like killing a deer

Del OSTRANDER indicated ADKINS talked often about how he kills deer and cuts them up with a chainsaw. OSTRANDER also indicated ADKINS was obsessed with horror / slasher movies, and watches them daily.

I'm curious how the uncle could know that SA watched these types of movies daily. Was he with SA every day?

Sadly in this town, lines have been drawn and rumors ARE effecting the search.

That's horrifying to me. God, I wish I had the health to come out there and search myself.

And there are all the resources of TES could be brought in to bear. God, I remember people going to FL from across the whole country to search for Caylee for TES.

Could you explain further please? Lines have been drawn. What lines? Whether or not to search for Hailey? How could a 13 year old girl NOT be looked for? What does it matter WHO has said WHAT and who is a suspect at this time?

Please explain - lines have been drawn? What are the two sides?

Redcat, I mean this with all due respect. But what specific rumor could stop people from searching for a missing 13-yr-old girl? I really find it hard to believe that someone would take sides and say "Well that's it - I'm not looking for Hailey any more." :waitasec:

But you'll notice, that is not a direct quote from Kampfer.

We also have this article:

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26683573/detail.html

Being "ruled out" is not the same thing as "not a person of interest". We don't know what exactly what was said without a direct quote.

I assume the reporter asked Kampfer what her status was, and he confirmed that she is not a POI. That's as good as a direct quote. Most reporters would not write something like that if they had not spoken directly to the person.

I believe the sentence was, ".... ruled out AS a person of interest." Which means she is not a POI at this time. That could change at some point, but for now, she is not under suspicion, IF Kampfer knows what he's talking about and was given the okay to make that statement.

Redcat, I mean this with all due respect. But what specific rumor could stop people from searching for a missing 13-yr-old girl? I really find it hard to believe that someone would take sides and say "Well that's it - I'm not looking for Hailey any more." :waitasec:
jmhoo but in the little town I come from I can see it happening easily and actually did happen in the case of my little friend, Tina Marie Harmon, who was abducted from our small town, raped and murdered and left tied up behind an oil well.

yes it does happen.

people thought that Tina's family was shady.. heck... they were... but in the end it turned up to be a complete stranger that did this...

once our community heard she was missing people wanted to help.. but everyone thought she ran away or did something bad...

this is the way words spread in small towns...especailly if you come from a family that doesn't live in the victorian house on the main street of town. this is just the way it is.

so yes, I agree with redcat that opinions in this small town could affect and effect the search.

ABSOLUTELY

moo

I assume the reporter asked Kampfer what her status was, and he confirmed that she is not a POI. That's as good as a direct quote. Most reporters would not write something like that if they had not spoken directly to the person.

I believe the sentence was, ".... ruled out AS a person of interest." Which means she is not a POI at this time. That could change at some point, but for now, she is not under suspicion, IF Kampfer knows what he's talking about and was given the okay to make that statement.

I agree...

I haven't followed very many cases actively, but now I am curious about something and maybe some veteran sleuthers can answer for me... what is the norm for volunteer searchers to keep searching for a missing child? What have you seen in the past? weeks? months? years?

I suppose it's as good as a direct quote if you want to believe she has been completely cleared by LE. But it's not the same thing.

This would hardly be the first instance of confusing or contradictory reporting in this case. Not by a longshot.

Whether the report says BD has been cleared, ruled out, is not a person of interest, not a suspect, etc. - she could still be arrested at any time, as could any of the players in this case.

bbm

citizens searching willingly and cold hearted do not go hand in hand imhoo.. was this perhaps taken out of context?

No, to me, if someone won't search for a defenseless child because of a rumor about their parent, that's cold hearted. My opinion.

All the searchers I know search regardless of the people who surrounded the child. They care about the child, and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam