TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The search for Josh Davis, a missing 18-month old New Braunfels toddler, will continue through the over night hours by NBPD and various professional Search and Rescue teams. The volunteer search, however has been suspended as of 6p this evening, and police officials say they will not utilize volunteer searchers tomorrow, opting instead to use specialized search teams targeting specific areas. Police officials say the volunteer effort up to this point has been very helpful and appreciated, but the search is moving into a different phase, and those volunteers will not be needed again Sunday morning.

http://kgnb.am/news/joshua-davis-st...-suspended-uniform-search-continues-overnight

I heard on the local news yesterday morning that IH-35 was closed between New Braunfels & San Antone because of the snow...and I just read temps were in the mid-40's there yesterday.

http://kgnb.am/news/new-braunfels-survives-first-snow-day-26-years

Yes...most of the major highways were closed down yesterday for maybe half the day? I think the higher overpasses they kept closed but we did not venture out until after lunch and most of it was melted but there were areas of ice still. I don't know when they opened up 35 but it was about 40-45 for the high yesterday but the wind was still blowing so it was very cold outside.

“As of right now we have a number of rescue teams that are assisting us. We have a dog search team out of College Station, as well as a Travis County and Alamo Rescue Teams. Right now we’re incorporating volunteers to help with the actual area search. Once the evening comes we’ll be limiting the search to uniformed personnel,” explained Lt. Michael Penshorn from the New Braunfels Police Department. “As of right now we have nothing that would indicate to us that there’s any type of foul play or an actual abduction.”

http://www.woai.com/news/local/stor...s-volunteers-join/AeyQVA2MWUOBLEwjoBzTjg.cspx

I remember a case here where a young boy (I think he was closer to 3) had wandered away from his house and it was a bad outcome, though it took searchers awhile to find him. Does anyone remember this case?

I'm hoping for a different and better resolution for little Joshua.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...4arizona-missing-boy-search-emmett-trapp.html

Emmett Trapp. This is the reason why I think the little guy may have run off, although it is hard to believe that a little guy like this could elude searchers for so long.
I really think the neighbor needs to be looked at very closely.

Since the mother is due to have another baby boy before the end of the month, she might have been exhausted chasing Joshua all day. Maybe she was resting and letting the other adults watch him.

I remember a case here where a young boy (I think he was closer to 3) had wandered away from his house and it was a bad outcome, though it took searchers awhile to find him. Does anyone remember this case?

I'm hoping for a different and better resolution for little Joshua.

Arizona wasn't it? And he went quite a bit farther than anyone thought IIRC.

I wish sarx was here to tell us why the SAR dogs haven't found him yet if he really wandered off. :(

FWIW, I live in an area with lots of little ones. I'm always finding balls, toys, shoes, little jackets, socks. I have no clue who they belong to so I put them on my mailbox by the street hoping that they will end up back with their little owners.

I wish we knew if the dogs picked up his scent leading away from the home at all. And I wonder what it means that they are entering another phase of the search.

I wish we knew if the dogs picked up his scent leading away from the home at all. And I wonder what it means that they are entering another phase of the search.

Maybe the answer to your first question is the answer to your second question also.

Honestly, what are the chances this baby is ok after this amount of time?

New Braunfels is a beautiful area. (Off topic, sorry).

I really hope and pray he's found soon.

9:30 P.M. UPDATE Officers and K-9s will search all night for Joshua

NEW BRAUNFELS — Officers and bloodhounds will continue to search overnight for 18-month-old Joshua Davis, who’s been missing since Friday evening, New Braunfels Police Department Lt. Michael Penshorn said at an 8 p.m. Saturday press briefing.

Penshorn said searchers are trying to stay upbeat.

“We’re not losing hope. We’re looking at this optimistically and we’re really hoping and praying that he ends up safe,” he said.

much more here - including where they've searched & next presser at 8a.m. (CT) tomorrow.

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_8d3e2aa6-31a0-11e0-8e42-001cc4c03286.html

I don't even know what to say, this is so awful. We are having freakishly cold weather in TX right now, this is like the worst time this could have happened.

I remember a story about a little boy wandering off, and it didn't look good, and then he was found with a dog. The theory was he was curled up with the dog and that's how he survived. I keep hoping something like this will happen, but it doesn't look good with this boy being out for a second night.

They need to get TES in there right now!

Was watching local news & they said they think he got out a back door...Joshua's mom said the stairs were icy & he would've slipped on them.

I'll check to see KEYE puts a vid online.

OMG, HUGE Prayers for Joshua. I do not know what is worse, the thought of foul play, or the thought of him being alone in the cold:sick:

SO there were that many other adults in the house, I am leaning against family foul play, but the neighbor scares me.

And yes, an 18 month old can cover a lot of ground fast. And the more adults that are around, it seems the less the kids get watched. make sense? You always think the next person is paying attention, and it turns out, NOBODY is actually wachting the lil guy :banghead:

It is hard to believe that a little one got so far in the cold and dark that over 100 people could not find him, searching all day. Someone had to have grabbed him, if he made it out of the house, I fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88