The earrings

GRACE: To Billie Dunn. You believe — you told me that she was wearing those earrings over Christmas. Did she spend the night with her father Christmas evening?

DUNN: She did.

GRACE: Are you absolutely positive she had the earrings on Sunday, the next day?

DUNN: No, I`m not.

GRACE: So him saying —

DUNN: I noticed that she had taken them out.

Nancy Grace, January 20, 2011

TY!! I've been wanting to have a serious discussion about those 'earrings'! :)

We found out a few weeks ago that DD found '1' earring on the floor after CD moved out of his apt. & brought it home.

We found out a few days ago from Naomi that earring was actually the '2nd' one cos DD took one from Clint's house on the very day Hailey went missing..Naomi had put that one on her shelf AFTER Hailey took off both earrings on X-Mas cos "her ears hurt"..She had left both near the sofa on the floor but later that day Naomi only found that one..DD took that earring home also, again, on the same day Hailey went missing.

It's safe to assume he gave it to his mother..If not, why not?

Still! Weeks after Hailey went missing BD told NG that Hailey did have those earrings on, would "never" take them off, & was sure she saw them on her.

We know now none of this is TRUE but still it was listed on the 'Missing Person Poster'..I don't believe it's been removed yet either.

WHY?????????????

eta..Missing Poster:

According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s website, Hailey Darlene Dunn was last seen Dec. 27 wearing navy sweatpants, a short-sleeve, light-colored T-shirt, flip-flops and red hoop earrings. Her left upper ear is pierced.

GRACE: To Billie Dunn. You believe — you told me that she was wearing those earrings over Christmas. Did she spend the night with her father Christmas evening?

DUNN: She did.

GRACE: Are you absolutely positive she had the earrings on Sunday, the next day?

DUNN: No, I`m not.

GRACE: So him saying —

DUNN: I noticed that she had taken them out.

Nancy Grace, January 20, 2011

Hmmm! So by January 20 the story changes! TY! I didn't know that..Is there any way to find the earlier NG transcript where BD is positive she WAS wearing them?

Hmmm! So by January 20 the story changes! TY! I didn't know that..Is there any way to find the earlier NG transcript where BD is positive she WAS wearing them?

Is this it? January 19. Those are the only transcripts coming up for keyword earring in my website search

GRACE: What can you tell me about that earring, Billie, the earring that was found on Clint Dunn`s living room floor? Did it match what Hailey was wearing when she went missing?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I reported when she was missing that I thought she was wearing those red hoop earrings. She had been wearing them for about a week. She was actually trying to stretch out her earlobe, and I told her she could use those, but that`s the biggest she could go and she had been wearing them. And David found the earring on the floor whenever Clint and Naomi (ph) were moving out and brought it home.

:tears:IMHO the earrings were never missing!
unlike HD. :tears:

Hailey Dunn's Earring Found at her father's House 1/20/11 article

Mother gave her the hoop earrings
She wore them on xmas day
Spent the night at Clints Christmas night
Came back home
Billie thought she had the earrings on
She didnt think that she came back with one or none on
Clint and GF moved out of apartment after HD went missing
DD found one of those red earrings

Question was: Did Hailey go to Clint's house the day she went missing and somehow lost an earring?

http://www..com/2011/01/hailey-dunn’s-earring-found-at-her-father’s-house/

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/20/ng.01.html

Grace said one of the earrings that Hailey was reported to be wearing when she disappeared was found in Clint Dunn's home after her disappearance.

Clint Dunn and his girlfriend, Naomi Stewart, told the Reporter-News that Hailey Dunn had spent Christmas night at Clint Dunn's home.

"She took off those earrings and dropped them by the couch and asked me to put them up for her," Stewart said. "She asked me to pick them up for her, and I only found one of them."

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/19/missing-teens-brother-staying-with-relative/

On the Nancy Grace show on the 20th, BD said she had noticed that HD had taken the earrings out. So why did she give that info for the missing poster.
Did HD tell her that she had taken them out at left them at her Dad's house? I'd like to know if BD knew where they were all along. She knew they weren't in her daughters ears. Did she send DD over to CD's to specifically get the earring?
There, my line of thinking gets muddled lol, because why would she put it on the poster when it wasn't true.

On the Nancy Grace show on the 20th, BD said she had noticed that HD had taken the earrings out. So why did she give that info for the missing poster.
Did HD tell her that she had taken them out at left them at her Dad's house? I'd like to know if BD knew where they were all along. She knew they weren't in her daughters ears. Did she send DD over to CD's to specifically get the earring?
There, my line of thinking gets muddled lol, because why would she put it on the poster when it wasn't true.

Do we know for sure it was originally on the missing poster? I can't find any mentions of earrings prior to January 6. I even went back hunting through our earliest threads, and there's nothing.

I looked through all the early articles. There's one I found that said she has pierced ears. No mention of earrings.

No, and now I'm going to go crazy trying to figure that out.

But on the NG on Jan. 19th

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I reported when she was missing that I thought she was wearing those red hoop earrings.

So I guess that's where I got that she reported it from the very beginning.

I think the red earrings have nothing to do with Hailey's disappearance. However, I think they are very important in the investigation; in terms of identifying who might be involved.

If Naomi's statement that DD came over and took the one earring from the shelf over to Billie on 12/27 is true, then why on 01/06 did Billie report that Hailey was wearing the red hoops when she went missing? Then, Billie says DD found an earring in Clint's house after he moved sometime in early January. This gets leaked to the media (and quite presumably not by LE). Logically, Naomi's story that Hailey took them off on Christmas night is true. She found one right away and the other was likely under the couch on the floor after the move. No story there. Billie's changing account of the earrings and the obvious pointing back to Clint's house is however very suspicious and incriminating to me. Why would Billie want to direct suspicion on Clint and Naomi except to deflect it from her house?

This is a significant issue that I take great umbrage about. From the get go IMO this was nothing other Than Billie realizing at some point after the fact(who knows exactly when)that "red hoop earrings" were important enough that they needed to be added to the Missing Persons Posters. And once it was quickly realized that Hailey did not even have the earrings on(and hadn't had them on since Christmas Day when she removed them in front of more than one person, at her daddy's house because her poor ears were very sore)... Once this was found out it still was not spoken about, reported, and definitely not changed on the Missing Person Posters, ads, flyers, etc. (as it still has yet to be rectified even at this late date)..
Nothing was "made" of this discovery until later in the "game"(I say game because Billie seems to be planning, plotting, and deciding her next move as if it were some type of "game")when the reality is that it is her beautiful 13 yr old daughters life that we are dealing with!!:angering:
Billie pulled out this "card" at a convenient time(to direct focus from the ONLY SUSPECT HER BF SA)it seems that only then when it was found to be of great help to Billie and SA was the entire "mystery of the red hooped earrings" suddenly brought to light!

IMO totally and completely out of no other reason whatsoever than to attempt to sway ppls thoughts to looking in a different direction other than that of her lover, SA and instead attempt to "spotlight" a fictional and bs direction of looking at Hailey's daddy and Naomi.

Naomi makes no bones about the earrings. When and how and where they were removed. How and when she later discovered an earring, where she placed that earring and what happened with that earring. As it was taken by DD to his mom whom felt it NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO CHANGE THE MISSING PERSON POSTER, ADS, WEBSITES, FLYERS, ETC, ETC.

Nor did LE at any time feel it important enough to mention it, include it in affidavits, nor ask for polygraphs from those whose home it was discovered in(that being the most important detail in my opinion)..

Until Billie Jean, herself decided to use it as some sort of tactic, as I said to sway focus from thAt of her young lover, Shawn Adkins! She then decided to tell the world of this "finding" of the earring that Hailey had on when disappearing and it was daddy's house it wAs found!! Scandalous!! or so she wanted it to be(IMO)but as usual much to her dismay Clint and Naomi just easily spoke the truth and quelled all rumors of anything nefarious in any way.

IMO that is just one of the various reasons that not long after we saw the "throw Clint under the bus campaign"(as Clint himself has stated) because Billie Jean has been desperately attempting to sway, change, and alter the direction of focus from her and her lover from the get go. Jmo, though!

I take great umbrage in this as I do several other specific issues that have been attempted to have been used to manipulate and alter the public as well as media and LE to focus ON ANYTHING/EVERYTHING AWAY FROM HERSELF AND SHAWN! which IMO means taking focus off of bringing her 13 yr old daughter, Hailey home!!!

**as always jmo, tho**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Yllek and SmoothOperator, you both said what I meant so much better than I. I was trying to get it all straight in my head and I knew where I was headed with it but not quite getting there. My brain isn't working and I need some chocolate.

Number one, how would BD know what Hailey was wearing since she wasn't home when the child left the house?

I think BD just assumed that Hailey was wearing them, since she had seen her wearing them a few days before. It's sloppy thinking, but then again, she's a grieving mother and we have to take into account her freaked out state of mind.

Did SA tell BD that Hailey had on the red earrings? If so, he was lying, and that's a good piece of information for the police to know. That is probably the most interesting thing about the red earrings, if that's where the info came from. Why would SA even notice her earrings? Most men wouldn't pay any attention to what a girl was wearing - my husband couldn't describe one pair of my daughter's earrings, even the ones she got for Christmas. So that begs alot of questions right there.

I don't think the red earrings are all that important to this case as far as when Hailey went missing. But having said that, Naomi's story seems much more believable than BD's.

BD getting all defensive and bringing up the earrings again might just be her way to cast doubt on Naomi and Clint again, and that's so petty that it makes me angry. :banghead:

Smooth Operator
You are so right......BD will do or say ANYTHING to get the attention off of HERSELFand SHAWN!
IMO, she hoped that everyone would susect Clint and Niomi...........JMOO

Did SA tell BD that Hailey had on the red earrings? If so, he was lying, and that's a good piece of information for the police to know. That is probably the most interesting thing about the red earrings, if that's where the info came from. Why would SA even notice her earrings? Most men wouldn't pay any attention to what a girl was wearing - my husband couldn't describe one pair of my daughter's earrings, even the ones she got for Christmas. So that begs alot of questions right there.

s&bbm

A poster on NG's board said it was SA that 'claimed' Hailey was wearing those earrings when he last saw her..I recall this now myself but have nothing to back it up..Sorry!

This is a significant issue that I take great umbrage about. From the get go IMO this was nothing other Than Billie realizing at some point after the fact(who knows exactly when)that "red hoop earrings" were important enough that they needed to be added to the Missing Persons Posters. And once it was quickly realized that Hailey did not even have the earrings on(and hadn't had them on since Christmas Day when she removed them in front of more than one person, at her daddy's house because her poor ears were very sore)... Once this was found out it still was not spoken about, reported, and definitely not changed on the Missing Person Posters, ads, flyers, etc. (as it still has yet to be rectified even at this late date)..
Nothing was "made" of this discovery until later in the "game"(I say game because Billie seems to be planning, plotting, and deciding her next move as if it were some type of "game")when the reality is that it is her beautiful 13 yr old daughters life that we are dealing with!!:angering:
Billie pulled out this "card" at a convenient time(to direct focus from the ONLY SUSPECT HER BF SA)it seems that only then when it was found to be of great help to Billie and SA was the entire "mystery of the red hooped earrings" suddenly brought to light!

IMO totally and completely out of no other reason whatsoever than to attempt to sway ppls thoughts to looking in a different direction other than that of her lover, SA and instead attempt to "spotlight" a fictional and bs direction of looking at Hailey's daddy and Naomi.

Naomi makes no bones about the earrings. When and how and where they were removed. How and when she later discovered an earring, where she placed that earring and what happened with that earring. As it was taken by DD to his mom whom felt it NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO CHANGE THE MISSING PERSON POSTER, ADS, WEBSITES, FLYERS, ETC, ETC.

Nor did LE at any time feel it important enough to mention it, include it in affidavits, nor ask for polygraphs from those whose home it was discovered in(that being the most important detail in my opinion)..

Until Billie Jean, herself decided to use it as some sort of tactic, as I said to sway focus from thAt of her young lover, Shawn Adkins! She then decided to tell the world of this "finding" of the earring that Hailey had on when disappearing and it was daddy's house it wAs found!! Scandalous!! or so she wanted it to be(IMO)but as usual much to her dismay Clint and Naomi just easily spoke the truth and quelled all rumors of anything nefarious in any way.

IMO that is just one of the various reasons that not long after we saw the "throw Clint under the bus campaign"(as Clint himself has stated) because Billie Jean has been desperately attempting to sway, change, and alter the direction of focus from her and her lover from the get go. Jmo, though!

I take great umbrage in this as I do several other specific issues that have been attempted to have been used to manipulate and alter the public as well as media and LE to focus ON ANYTHING/EVERYTHING AWAY FROM HERSELF AND SHAWN! which IMO means taking focus off of bringing her 13 yr old daughter, Hailey home!!!

**as always jmo, tho**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREAT post! :)

When I first heard "one of the earrings" was found at Clint's old apt. I admit I immediately thought "hmmmm!" & I never had any reason to doubt Clint or Naomi prior to that..So, mission accomplished! :banghead:

I very shortly got that thought out of my mind tho & then when I heard DD found the FIRST earring the day Hailey went missing I was even more ticked at myself (& BD) that I fell for that trick/tactic for even one second!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back