How Did LE Clear BD?

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
I would like to know just what that "cleared" means? LE has never said she took another poly or that she returned to the police station to clear up the discrepancies in her 1st poly. So... on what grounds did LE clear her?

So how did LE work out the discrepancies and "clear" BD?

Salem

I would like to know just what that "cleared" means? LE has never said she took another poly or that she returned to the police station to clear up the discrepancies in her 1st poly. So... on what grounds did LE clear her?

So how did LE work out the discrepancies and "clear" BD?

Salem
I don't remember LE saying she is "cleared" - I thought it said that she was "ruled out" as a POI.

You could be right - I don't remember the exact language. But - they didn't say why they ruled her out.

I just thought it was so odd after LE came out so strong and said her poly showed deceit and that she walked out on the followup questioning.

So why or how did LE rule her out? Did she go back for more questioning?

Salem

I think the wording included "in the disappearance of her daughter". Maybe she is not ruled out completely, as far as possible other factors, obstruction, etc? I am just guessing.

I think that LE left the door open by saying that they wouldn't name any other POI while still conducting their investigation.

Salem, since I have seen it worded several different ways - ruled out, cleared, is not a person of interest - all without a direct quote, I personally don't believe she has been cleared, but rather is not currently classified as a POI.

It is my opinion that she is still a POI. LE knows what they are doing and are watching all the players very closely -- MOO.

Locals -- do not give up the search because you don't believe or agree with BD. Hailey must be found to bring those who hurt her to justice. The search must be stepped up.

I think LE wants everyone to feel very "comfortable." To me, they started releasing tidbits of information to imply they were backing off of SA and BD. For instance, they stated they were no longer watching SA anymore and then a few days later they state that BD is "ruled out." We've seen this in other cases before where LE says someone is not a suspect or POI (reminds me of Scott Peterson) and they state they are not monitoring, but in reality they are listening and watching everything. I think LE wants everyone to feel as if LE is looking in another direction at this point and hoping for loose lips or a trip to a burial spot or something else that may open another door for LE.

I think LE meant what they said-she has been ruled out. She is not a POI. She is not part of Hailey's disappearance and in my opinion the only thing she is guilty of is believing and trusting in her boyfriend that he didn't have anything to do with this. That is not a crime only in the court of public opinion.

I think LE meant what they said-she has been ruled out. She is not a POI. She is not part of Hailey's disappearance and in my opinion the only thing she is guilty of is believing and trusting in her boyfriend that he didn't have anything to do with this. That is not a crime only in the court of public opinion.

It is when you believe so much in that person that you are willing to lie about things to help them out and try to put them in a better light. It's obstruction of justice IMO.

I don't know how they can really clear anyone of anything since they don't know what has happened. If it is true that there is one full time detective working this case and that is it, that is a major problem.

Building this type of case takes a ton of work, and some cross checking, you don't hang your whole investigation on a single person. I am hoping that is misinformation like so much of this case.

I don't remember LE saying she is "cleared" - I thought it said that she was "ruled out" as a POI.

A very poorly worded and punctuated article in the local paper said she was no longer a POI. It was readable in two ways, that BD said PK said she was no longer a POI, or that PK said it.

It was so maddening that I contacted the paper and they responded back (after I had to reword my question a couple of times to get a direct and specific answer) that they spoke to PK by phone the day of the article and it was a direct quote from PK.

Same guy who made a statement about a CPS case when everyone in the world knows DD has a right to privacy and his case should not be discussed by any public official, so take it for what it is worth.

A very poorly worded and punctuated article in the local paper said she was no longer a POI. It was readable in two ways, that BD said PK said she was no longer a POI, or that PK said it.

It was so maddening that I contacted the paper and they responded back (after I had to reword my question a couple of times to get a direct and specific answer) that they spoke to PK by phone the day of the article and it was a direct quote from PK.

Same guy who made a statement about a CPS case when everyone in the world knows DD has a right to privacy and his case should not be discussed by any public official, so take it for what it is worth.

I also recall him saying something about LE putting the POI and then suspect label publicly on SA to see how he'd react. Perhaps taking the POI label off BD was for the same reason? To see how SA or both of them would react?

If not, it was very unprofessional of PK to say anything. She was never publicly named as a POI and that's all he should have said when he was asked that question.

MOO

It is when you believe so much in that person that you are willing to lie about things to help them out and try to put them in a better light. It's obstruction of justice IMO.

Very true if she is lying to cover for him. I'm sure she wants to believe he's innocent. Supporting him (as twisted as that it) is not lying. Are you referring to a specific proven lie that she made in order to cover up for Shawn? IMO that's the only way it would be considered obstruction of justice. If she intensionally lied to cover up for SA.I don't think choosing to believe him and supporting theories that prove him innocent is a crime. Even know it bothers me deeply. I still don't think BD had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance but supporting SA while he is still a suspect in her daughter's disappearance is hard to take.

Video school gave to LE... I can't add to my last post but here ya go!

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334946

Why can't I get the video to play. I see a black screen with a green and black strip running across the bottom and nothing happens. I get the same thing with any other videos from the bigcountry website.
HELP!

So I take it that the eyewitness recognized Hailey by the way she walks??

Why can't I get the video to play. I see a black screen with a green and black strip running across the bottom and nothing happens. I get the same thing with any other videos from the bigcountry website.
HELP!

So I take it that the eyewitness recognized Hailey by the way she walks??

You may have to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player or install it altogether on your computer to watch the videos.

Here's the site if you need to download...

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

HTH

I agree! It's been two or three weeks since LE said they were unable to verify these eyewitness reports, so they've had time to do that by now. I think perhaps they have ascertained that the day Hailey disappeared, Billie was at work.
Being ruled out as a POI, pretty much clears someone as a suspect. I guess one could spin it any way they like, but it is what it is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back