TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this case from the start and I'm finding it quite baffling. But I have a feeling when we find out what happened it will seem obvious, if that makes sense?
Anyway I don't have anything of interest to add, I just hope they find the poor baby soon.

I know what you are saying.I have been looking for the obvious,can't yet find it.Like maybe he crawled into a tight space and can't get out or make a sound inside the double wide.I know one thing the longer this goes on the outlook won't be good

Another cold front for Texas. :( Temperatures will be dropping to freezing again with sleet and ice.

Prayers for Joshua, the searchers and his family.

It wasn't 40, it was 10, up until that point Joshua had been popping back into the bedroom every few minutes. That's why when 10 minutes passed with no sign of him, it was enough to alert her that something was wrong. That is the story that we keep hearing from mom and apparently, that is supported by dad. I can't tell you how many times I've had my kids in bed for an hour, and all three adults here will suddenly realize that we are watching Handy manny or Mickey Mouse. And she may not have been just sitting there watching the movie with him. She may have been trying to relax or get him to lay down with her. Remember, she is almost 9 months pregnant. There are times at that stage of pregnancy that you just don't want anyone else around. (Kids are different.) And remember, she knew he was mobile, but so did his father and the five other adults that were just a few feet away.

Someone said there is footage of the dad going outside to have a cigarette. Did they have a strict no smoking rule in the house? To where more than one person could have been ducking outside multiple times to smoke? That wouldn't raise an alarm, might not even raise a memory. And it would be easy for a door to accidentally be left unlocked and/or open if you have a lot of people ducking in and out for a mundane reason like having a cigarette.

I just don't think the parents did it. (Of course, I really wanted to believe that Caylee had a nanny too, so it's not like I've never been wrong.)

BBM I have an asthmatic granddaughter, therefore, we all go outside to smoke, many times during a gathering. It is conceivable the child could have come outside during that time, or the door was not firmly latched. Not uncommon at all for the adults to go in and out to smoke.

Searches by cadaver dogs turned up empty handed. The Department of Public Safety helicopter circled Joshua's neighborhood Tuesday, as dive teams combed through ponds and creeks near the child's home. Investigators say they have also recovered a tarp and a bucket from the home, which could be submitted as evidence.

Police say there are no suspects or persons of interest in the case, but Joshua's family believes the toddler was abducted from the home. The FBI is also involved in the investigation, and tell News 4 WOAI they are not ruling out any foul play.

http://www.woai.com:80/news/local/s...ve-up-hope/sRXSdMa82EyjMtlH0_5pcg.cspx?rss=68

Currently snow and freezing rain in New Braunfels, prayers for little Josh and my wife who is having to drive to work in New Braunfels.

This is another awful case of a precious child gone missing...

When it's all said and done, I still think this one will land closer to home --- to one of the adults in the house that night. :(

Little Joshua...

180476_161894163859834_161420443907206_282056_4511082_n.jpg

Aww he is so cute and Nancy Grace was right he looks like the Gerber baby.Precious and
Precious.I could not fathom any one that would want to hurt that child.

Police say it’s less likely boy wandered off
Disappearance now an all-out investigation.

“Although we are still searching, we are shifting more toward an investigation,” said Lt. Michael Penshorn of the New Braunfels Police Department. “We'll still search, but we're going to focus more on other areas of interest.”

Those areas included forensic evidence as well as statements from the family and friends, Police Chief Thomas Wibert said.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/article/Police-say-it-s-less-likely-boy-wandered-off-1003212.php

Lt. Mike Penshorn, with the New Braunfels Police Department, said investigators did try to file for the alert but were turned down.

"Being that we did not have any suspicious vehicles, suspicious persons or anything to lead us (to think) that it was an abduction, when we did send the information to conduct an Amber Alert, that was part of the criteria that it said that it did not meet," he said.

http://www.ksat.com/news/26777831/detail.html

He is a beautiful little boy, isn't he?

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/local_news/article_6a279318-33fd-11e0-ab40-001cc4c03286.html

snipped from Texas Rangers Join the Hunt for Joshua Davis

“Although we are still searching, our primary focus is shifting more towards the investigation aspect,” said New Braunfels Police Department Lt. Michael Penshorn. “We are investigating to find out exactly what happened to Joshua Davis on the evening in question.”

RBM

I know I commented on this earlier, but I went back and this sentence stood out. They seem to be focusing on exactly what happened that evening, not later -- such as, if he wandered away and where he could be that evening/early next morning, kwim? To me, that also confirms that they think there's more to the story and they're trying to get to the bottom of it.

IDK - maybe I'm reading too much into that statement.

just finished reading the threads on this case. another one of those nobody saw what happened kind of deals. i do not buy this story at all. someone in that house saw what happened to the baby in my opinion. one more thing that is bothering me is that there is no mention of putting the baby to bed. They were watching toy story at 8. seems late for an 18 month old to be up and about. no mention of what the childs normal bed time was. no mention of whether he had his own bedroom either. if she was trying to get the child to sleep(which i do not believe she has said) than why would she let him wander out of the room? my little boy just turned 2 so i cant help but think about the normal bedtime and bedtime activities that take place in my home. not that everyone is the same, and not casting any judgements, but it just seems to be a little late for him to be up anyway. was he a poor sleeper? did he share a room with the parents? any thoughts?

just finished reading the threads on this case. another one of those nobody saw what happened kind of deals. i do not buy this story at all. someone in that house saw what happened to the baby in my opinion. one more thing that is bothering me is that there is no mention of putting the baby to bed. They were watching toy story at 8. seems late for an 18 month old to be up and about. no mention of what the childs normal bed time was. no mention of whether he had his own bedroom either. if she was trying to get the child to sleep(which i do not believe she has said) than why would she let him wander out of the room? my little boy just turned 2 so i cant help but think about the normal bedtime and bedtime activities that take place in my home. not that everyone is the same, and not casting any judgements, but it just seems to be a little late for him to be up anyway. was he a poor sleeper? did he share a room with the parents? any thoughts?

I agree that one (or more) of the adults in that home know what happened that night. And I believe there was foul play.

As far as bedtime, my oldest never had (and still doesn't have) regular sleep patterns. At that age, he went to bed fairly late, IIRC. (My 2nd one is completely different - almost like clockwork). But the oldest, not so much. I think it's because we co-slept as a family longer with him -- so maybe they were doing that here? I don't know so that part doesn't stand out to me.

What I do know is that Toy Story would not hold an 18-month-old's attention for long at all. The characters are too small/busy and move too fast, and it is too long. Short shows like Baby Einstein, Barney, Sesame Street with large character faces that move more slowly - perhaps. So it doesn't surprise me that he wandered around instead of sitting still and watching Toy Story for any length of time. JMHO

I regularly put my 18-month-old to bed after 8 pm. He takes a long afternoon nap and if he goes to bed a little after 8, will sleep a little later in the morning. I don't find that so strange. But the whereabouts of this poor little boy are strange and mysterious. This is such a sad story, and does not look good.

So the Mom was watching Toy Story for about 40 minutes by herself in the bedroom?
Not knowing where the child was at the time but knowing he is very mobile.Does anyone
else think something is wrong here.I know when my kids were little I would watch a kid movie with them,sometimes over and over.To watch one by myself is another thing.A house with all these people and she is in their by herself?.Someone help me with this please.I sure hope they find him soon

I do see what you are saying but she's 8 months pregnant? By that time of night and with other kids and pregnant, I was dead tired. She probably thought that family was over and Joshua would be well taken care of.

I agree that one (or more) of the adults in that home know what happened that night. And I believe there was foul play.

As far as bedtime, my oldest never had (and still doesn't have) regular sleep patterns. At that age, he went to bed fairly late, IIRC. (My 2nd one is completely different - almost like clockwork). But the oldest, not so much. I think it's because we co-slept as a family longer with him -- so maybe they were doing that here? I don't know.

What I do know is that Toy Story would not hold an 18-month-old's attention for long at all. The pictures are too small and move too fast, and it was too long. Short segments like Baby Einstein, Barney, Sesame Street - perhaps. So it doesn't surprise me that he wandered around instead of sitting still and watching Toy Story for any length of time. JMHO

I agree belimom and my 2 year old won't go to sleep if we have a house full of people-no way. He wants to be in the middle of everything and doesn't want to miss anything. However when my oldest was 2 he would crash out anywhere and didn't care who was there. Every baby is different. It sounds to me like she may have been trying to get him to settle down by watching the movie but he kept wanting to see what was going on with everyone else in the livingroom.

Well, that looks to be a small house. Lots of ruckus in the next room (watching sports, yay-boo cheering, loud talking). Interesting people, fun snacks, I'm not surprised that he was up & about, toddling back and forth from the bedroom to the living room. And amid all that noise and commotion, I don't find it impossible that he slipped outside unnoticed, especially if the adults were coming and going in and out the door.

Are the Christmas photos the most recent ones of Joshua ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member