His Honor Judge Perry *Merged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back over and listening to various trials:

I believe HHJP is trying to be very fair and give every opportunity to the defense to run their course. He allowed AL's hippie witness to testify, even though Mr. Ashton cited law in his objection; He has allowed deadlines to be pushed to and somewhat beyond their limits; he hears from the defense even when it all seems to be moot and they fail to cite law-Things that HHJS tired of quickly, and sometimes HHJS seemed he could not wait to get them the heck out of his courtroom! I sympathized with HHJS, but I see where HHJP is inserting a little more patience and why he has been rarely overturned.

I think he liked AL as she appeared thoughtful. I think he has no issues with Mr. Mason and the respect seems much more mutual than it was when Mr. Mason strolled into HHJS courtroom. I think he gives JB a wide path to meander his way through this case and get some experience under his belt.

I think there is an unstated trust there for Lawson Lamar's gifted team, having worked with them over the years, the respect is unspoken but has always been palpable.

All of the things a judge should be, even when it would be the last thing I would personally do-Upon self-examination, which this case has prompted for me, I understand that I am a judgemental person when it comes to law and order. I could never be a defense attorney because I rarely feel compassion or the need to stand up for defendants. HHJP possesses this unique thing I do not have that defines his fairness-He is the law and order man, but he also suffers fools and foolish actions by the defense for Casey-I think he is compassionate (if that is the right word) to KC's rights. He is FAIR.

I'm very impressed with Judge Perry. He really knows his stuff and does his own research instead of relying on what Jose Baez tells him. He also is very fair and has given lots of leeway and extensions to the defense, but not so much that they can snow him, like Jose's "unique opportunity" to nab new expert opinions at a conference one month out from the trial!:clap::clap::clap:

He is long on patience, that is for sure, but he is also long on vision! He entered this trial knowing where he was going and who he was dealing with. I can see that now.

He seems very centered on giving the jury the tools they need to make the decisions.

By the people, for the people.

I absolutely love and respect the man. He gets it. See his orders on the "motions" sticky thread dated 2/10/11. He shoots straight.

Judge Strickland seemed great---but Judge Perry is definitely better. I watched the entire OJ trial. Judge Ito was exceptional out of the chocks, but as time wore on, Ito lost control of the courtroom. Judge Perry will not.

He's brilliant and I'm so glad Caylee has him looking out for her. What an amazing role model he is. It's too bad JB's head is so inflated it blocks his ears because if he'd only shut up and listen to BP, some shimmer of the judges brilliance might rub off on him.

He remembers details and in doing so catches JB in his own lies..

To paraphrase an old saying-
Trying to get a lie past HHJP is like trying to sneak daybreak past a rooster.

His Honor has this case. He's been very fair and balanced. He remembers what happens/what is stated from the prior court appearances. He is the Judge to take "problem" cases and this case is just that. The best that happened for Caylee's justice was for Baez to ask Judge Strickland to recuse himself. He now has a no nonsense judge who know the rules/procedures like the back of his hand, I'm not saying Judge Strickland didn't just that he is very liberal and ICA doesnt' need a liberal minded judge...Caylee's justice is in fine, golden hands...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I agree with the majority here that Judge Perry is absolutely a great fit for this case. He knows EXACTLY what he is doing. And, I must say, it tickles me to watch him WIGGLING all over the place in his seat- the man cannot sit still!!

Casey Judge Recalls Black Widow's Death Sentence
Perry: 'She Was An Evil Woman'
POSTED: 5:21 pm EST March 2, 2011
UPDATED: 6:42 pm EST March 2, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry is well known these days as the judge in the case against Casey Anthony, but it's not the first time his name has made headlines.

Perry prosecuted an Orange County wife and mother who was dubbed the "Black Widow."

Perry won a death sentence against Judy Buenoano and witnessed her execution. She was the first Florida woman in modern history to be executed.

video at link
more at link
http://www.wesh.com/news/27056853/detail.html

Various snippets below, some that have the same theme as ICA....innocent, why is LE focusing on me.....etc....

Thirteen years later, Perry got a tip Goodyear was poisoned by his wife.

"She took her husband's life for insurance proceeds. And her appetite in terms of greed and the taking of human life did not stop there," Perry said.

Buenoano's next husband died mysteriously in Colorado. Then, she poisoned her son, Michael. When that only left him paralyzed, she drowned him in a staged canoe accident. When Buenoano moved to Pensacola, she tried to kill her new boyfriend with poison and then a car bomb.

Perry claims he'll never forget bringing the Black Widow back to Orlando for the death of her husband.

"It was just a feeling of coldness. I have never experienced it since or before. She was an evil woman," he said.

"I always thought why? Why did you single me out?" she later said on a television show.

On Halloween of 1985, jurors found the Black Widow guilty and recommended death by a wide marjority. Buenoano continued to proclaim innocence.

"Throughout this saga she did not express one iota of remorse or regret. She was absolutely terrified and you could see the terror on her," Perry said.

Seems the Black Widow has the same theme as ICA...innocent, police only focused on me...cold, no remorse, no regrets.....His Honor might see this again, in ICA...JMHO

Casey Judge Recalls Black Widow's Death Sentence
Perry: 'She Was An Evil Woman'
POSTED: 5:21 pm EST March 2, 2011
UPDATED: 6:42 pm EST March 2, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry is well known these days as the judge in the case against Casey Anthony, but it's not the first time his name has made headlines.

Perry prosecuted an Orange County wife and mother who was dubbed the "Black Widow."

Perry won a death sentence against Judy Buenoano and witnessed her execution. She was the first Florida woman in modern history to be executed.

video at link
more at link
http://www.wesh.com/news/27056853/detail.html

Various snippets below, some that have the same theme as ICA....innocent, why is LE focusing on me.....etc....

Seems the Black Widow has the same theme as ICA...innocent, police only focused on me...cold, no remorse, no regrets.....His Honor might see this again, in ICA...JMHO

IMO, if need be, KC would kill again.

I agree with the majority here that Judge Perry is absolutely a great fit for this case. He knows EXACTLY what he is doing. And, I must say, it tickles me to watch him WIGGLING all over the place in his seat- the man cannot sit still!!
I agree. He is treading carefully and wisely as to not give cause for appeal. I'd be lying if I didn't say I would love to see him bite more than bark....LOL. I just hate seeing the DT getting away with so much BS!

Patience, patience..

I agree. He is treading carefully and wisely as to not give cause for appeal. I'd be lying if I didn't say I would love to see him bite more than bark....LOL. I just hate seeing the DT getting away with so much BS!

Patience, patience..

Exactly and me also. I keep reminding myself we are not yet at trial and will see a much tougher, sterner HHJP when we are. :croc:

If he denies the recent defense motions and also the A's attorney motion HHJP will be my new BFF.

It'll make up for him misplacing his "fine tooth comb". Where is that thing anyway? :)

I watched a video of HHJP talking of his early days and they showed a clip of him in Trial
I shouldn't say this but Oh my gosh he was cute....:):)

I have so much respect for the Judge. Not just because of this case either. Lawyers should be honored to argue a case in front of this Judge. I know I would be honored to be a jurist in one of his court rooms.

HHJP is balanced and brilliant. He has given the defense team enough leeway, and I think that he is going to start reeling in the fishing line. I admire this very wise man, and he will ensure that justice prevails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member