TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep , somebody has that little fella....or something happened in that home IMHO Wandering away out in the dark don't fly with me.

May he be found.

I agree - odd isn't it?

Very interesting...As I live about a 2 minutes drive from that location, I hope to head over there this afternoon, to see if there is still LE activity happening. I'll have camera in hand!

Does anyone know if the dogs were ran through the house? If Joshua had died in the house, whether by accident or otherwise, wouldn't the dogs have hit inside the house?
If I understand correctly, gases are released from the body immediately upon death and the dogs would have hit on that scent whether the body was there or not at the time. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

BBM:
I think there is only a window of a few minutes, momtective.

Whatever happened to Joshua could have happened in the home, but maybe he had not passed at the time he was taken somewhere.

JMO

I do not think these parents hurt sweet baby Joshua. I do wonder if there has been any mention of drug usage in the home with any of those that were there that day, and am deeply concerned with the person that the mother was worried had taken her son. There had to be a reason she felt that the person could have taken him and I want LE to listen to her!!

I do not think these parents hurt sweet baby Joshua. I do wonder if there has been any mention of drug usage in the home with any of those that were there that day, and am deeply concerned with the person that the mother was worried had taken her son. There had to be a reason she felt that the person could have taken him and I want LE to listen to her!!
I would guess LE is scrutinizing him under a microscope. As well as the parents, and all who were in the house. They are probably keeping it quiet as to not spook anyone. This case is very hinky, imo. I just don't believe he wandered off.

I'm am split on this one. Having focused on the parents since day one, I'm now going to play devil's advocate a moment:

I think the father was in a recliner* (wasn't that said before? Or was that just someone speculating?). If so, then little Joshua could easily have been behind the chair and reached his dad's beanie. And - it's possible the dad fell asleep/dozed off longer than he thought, just as I think the mom did. I'm also wondering if the timeline could be off if little Joshua had done pulled on the beanie earlier in the night at a different time. The reason I bring up these points is that it would leave someone else in the home a larger timeframe to work with.

Having said that, I still think something is off with the parents' stories (or at least one of them) and that is why LE is looking so closely - i.e., the reported three polys the dad took. I still think it's also possible that little Joshua was not in the house that night - but the guests were told he was back in the bedroom or whatever.

So if he didn't wander off and it was not a stranger abduction, then it must be one of the following:

1) parents and it happened that night (the time-frame is really narrow here)
2) parents and it happened before that night
3) someone else in the home that night (again, narrow time-frame unless mom/dad's guesses are off regarding the times they last saw him)
4) accident and he's still stuck somewhere there (I think he would have been found by now)

But what is "it" that was done? Harmed and, sadly, died or was killed? Or... sold? I think anyone would agree that he is a little doll baby. But that takes connections and probably something planned out well in advance.

I mean, really, there just aren't they many options, kwim?

(I do have a hard time believing that if the mom knows something bad happened, that she didn't go into premature labor at this point. I'm surprised she hasn't already, with this type of stress...)

*ETA: Regarding the dad being in a recliner, the only thing I have found is speculation here on WS, so that may not be true:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - #1

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - #2

Does mom know what time she fell asleep? And, why would she panic about it?? She wasn't home alone with Joshua. I can't find where she says she fell asleep.

Even if he wasn't in a recliner and was in a kitchen chair, if he were slouched down, it's likely that Joshua still could have reached his hat. I know a lot of people that don't sit completely erect in kitchen chairs because if they are hard, they bite into your back.

Does mom know what time she fell asleep? And, why would she panic about it?? She wasn't home alone with Joshua. I can't find where she says she fell asleep.

It's only speculation that she did at all.

ETA: I'll be honest, at her stage of pregnancy, I wouldn't have believed that she jumped up at all, if it weren't for the video of her running for the car when she got the call that they had found him. I have never run like that, and this is my fifth pregnancy. I will admit that is part of the reason that I don't see the mother being guilty of anything. When you are that pregnant, moving fast just hurts, and she wouldn't have done it unless she really believed that Joshua could be found.

I believe the baby, yes I know according to some I should say Joshua, but to me he's a baby, is lying dead within a 2-mile radius of his home.

Of course there is a RSO close by, so I could be wrong about a lot of things, but a tiny body in such large fields is easily missed and with people going in and out of the home I believe he could have scooted by and been lost. Children, and I have a lot of them, do not play by our rules, nor do they have our fears. Children/babies run and play and explore - unfortunately, it is sometimes to their detriment.

My opinion only

I think it would be pretty unusual if both parents fell asleep with a house full of people.

Very interesting...As I live about a 2 minutes drive from that location, I hope to head over there this afternoon, to see if there is still LE activity happening. I'll have camera in hand!

Been trying to get over there all week .. just isn't happening .. Hubs and son work at 306 and 35 ... I'm usually over there a couple times a week .. Thanks for going by!

ETA: I'll be honest, at her stage of pregnancy, I wouldn't have believed that she jumped up at all, if it weren't for the video of her running for the car when she got the call that they had found him. I have never run like that, and this is my fifth pregnancy. I will admit that is part of the reason that I don't see the mother being guilty of anything. When you are that pregnant, moving fast just hurts, and she wouldn't have done it unless she really believed that Joshua could be found.

Is there a link to that video? How far along is she? TIA.

Been trying to get over there all week .. just isn't happening .. Hubs and son work at 306 and 35 ... I'm usually over there a couple times a week .. Thanks for going by!

I'm looking out my window, which has a expansive view, and there is currently a helicopter, hovering over vicinity of said location. I'm heading over now instead of afternoon!

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/18-month-old-missing-in-new-braunfels
0:46 you can see her bolt for the car, phone in hand.
Listening with the volume all the way up, you can hear her yell: "They found him on Hunter Road." So it's definitely in reference to the FB info.

Now this is just a thought that's neither here nor there ... Hunter Rd. to me is kind of a strange road .. a few subdivisions down there - you'd really have to know someone down that way I think .. It's not REALLY a "cut through" kind of road - kind of looks like it on a map - but not a short cut to anywhere really .. (I've looked at houses over that way - due to hubs working very near there..)..

I guess my point is - especially since they live WAY on the other side of town (exact opposite really) It's interesting to me she'd be hopping in the car going to "Hunter Rd" .. unless she knew where it was .. Though I guess I'd be moving too if I'd heard it and was running to find my son ..

Now this is just a thought that's neither here nor there ... Hunter Rd. to me is kind of a strange road .. a few subdivisions down there - you'd really have to know someone down that way I think .. It's not REALLY a "cut through" kind of road - kind of looks like it on a map - but not a short cut to anywhere really .. (I've looked at houses over that way - due to hubs working very near there..)..

I guess my point is - especially since they live WAY on the other side of town (exact opposite really) It's interesting to me she'd be hopping in the car going to "Hunter Rd" .. unless she knew where it was .. Though I guess I'd be moving too if I'd heard it and was running to find my son ..

She wasn't going to Hunter Road, she was going to the police station in response to false reports that her son had been found on Hunter Road.
ETA: If you watch the whole video they show her at the police station right after she got there, and they say very specifically, "after rushing to the police station after hearing her son had been found..."

Thanks!

I guess I just started thinking about Hunter Rd. I've gone down it thinking it might "short cut" me to San Marcos to the outlet malls.. laugh.. (it's NOT a short cut .. pretty drive though)

Thanks...also, is it true or speculation that there were smokers there that night who would go outside to smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member