Shawn's stomping grounds

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
I don't know if "stomping grounds" is a term used only by us on the west coast, but what I mean is that I really want to know areas that he is familiar. When I read in the Caylee Anthony doc dumps that there was a place that was a kind of "pet cemetery" that KC Anthony knew of, I wanted to see that area searched with a fine tooth comb. Lo and behold, that's where they found her remains!

Do we know of any areas that Shawn is familiar? What about those MM videos that used to be out there - did they provide any clues that we can post for the searchers?

I have been wondering about this also.
The pot smoking, boat video is said to be at grandma's IIRC.
Where did he hunt?
One video he and cousin did a fake home invasion with a woman in the house. (mom's???) (cousin's)
another video seemed to be in an unfinished room having a party with a dead chicken.
Only SA,BD,family and friends probably know where his favorite places are. :(

His route to/from home to work, home to moms and grandmoms, work to moms and grand moms. He travelled those regularly, would have spotted places that could be used to leave evidence. I'll take a look at the maps a bit later on and see if there are any places that stand out along those routes.

I sure wish they would do some water searches. This case seems to follow HC case so much even to the MM. If they are copy cating it MC said HC was in water.

PK referred to this,something about SA's habits in those areas.I'll have to find the link on it.

I would like to know all the places he lived in within 2 hours of Colorado City. Also, if he has a half brother, I would like to know who remarried, and if both parents remarried then where have they lived and do live at the moment.

I would like to know about his previous girlfriends and how he was as a boyfriend. Did he meet women in bars, online, stripclub, etc.

Kimster I know what you mean by stomping grounds. Even at my age, of course I'm 31 (insert haha here) I still refer to certain areas of So Cal as my "stomping grounds". But when I reference that it has to do with areas I skied, areas I fished, going to concerts in Hollywierd, hiking etc.
In order to figure out his stomping grounds it has to be determined what area he grew up in. If I'm not mistaken he has always been a local correct?
Passion pointed out he likes to hunt. What do they hunt in that area?
She also pointed out the boat video.
Was it a bass boat? Was it a jon boat?Was it a ski boat?
If pot smoking is a factor, teenagers have certain "haunts" if you will that they go to. Are those well known areas and still frequented?
Is there a yearbook from his school? Did he graduate and from where?
In order to determine his stomping grounds those are good places to start imo

Kimster I know what you mean by stomping grounds. Even at my age, of course I'm 31 (insert haha here) I still refer to certain areas of So Cal as my "stomping grounds". But when I reference that it has to do with areas I skied, areas I fished, going to concerts in Hollywierd, hiking etc.
In order to figure out his stomping grounds it has to be determined what area he grew up in. If I'm not mistaken he has always been a local correct?
Passion pointed out he likes to hunt. What do they hunt in that area?
She also pointed out the boat video.
Was it a bass boat? Was it a jon boat?Was it a ski boat?
If pot smoking is a factor, teenagers have certain "haunts" if you will that they go to. Are those well known areas and still frequented?
Is there a yearbook from his school? Did he graduate and from where?
In order to determine his stomping grounds those are good places to start imo
I'm from the south, and we have stompin' grounds too.

That cellar kept creeping up. I believe members said it was in the videos (I did not watch the vids), and I remember a still shot of SA posing on a cellar door. Where was that? It seems to factor into his "stompin' grounds."

I want to know where exactly his stomping grounds are?..As in where did he grow up? What was he like as a child, teenager, etc..He seems to be an enigma..what do we really know about him pre MM, masks, slasher flicks, etc. I've heard there is a 'supposed ex girlfriend' who is singing his praises and making it sound as if the 2 relationships overlapped somewhere.. posting somewhere on the internet. Have NO idea if there is any truth to that..just saying unless I have missed something..it appears he came from nowhere several years ago..On the other hand, I'd never admit to knowing him either..so IDK?...

I'm from the south, and we have stompin' grounds too.

That cellar kept creeping up. I believe members said it was in the videos (I did not watch the vids), and I remember a still shot of SA posing on a cellar door. Where was that? It seems to factor into his "stompin' grounds."

That cellar pic creeped the beejeezus out of me!!!!If I were LE that cellar would have been on my search list!

The area around Big Spring and the routes from Dunn to CC and Big Spring. He doesn't look the type to have liked fishing, biking, etc. Couldn't drive too far off the road, so they should all be searched and searched again. All around CC probably should be searched again as well.

I don't know what thread to post my question in so I hope this one is alright. And if I already missed this discussion, I apologize.

IIRC, SA was named a POI & then a suspect in Hailey's disappearance. From what I've read about other cases POI doesn't mean much legally but to name him a "suspect" that takes it to another level. So apparently LE has some evidence against SA. I would think some of SA's stomping grounds would be on private property owned by members of his family.

Why can't LE get warrants to search those properties? I don't understand what qualifies as enough reason to get a judge to approve a warrant. Many areas have been searched with no sign of Hailey. I don't believe there have been any reported sightings of Hailey since the day she went missing. No one has claimed to have heard from Hailey. Why can't they get warrants to search the properties SA would be most comfortable on?

Because of the 4th Amendment, the laws regarding search and seizure have been tightened up much over the years.

Search Warrants & the 4th amendment - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I have a friend who is a deputy in Oregon and she said the search and seizure laws are pages upon pages long in our state. Because of that, I imagine that some LE are extremely hesitant to search without very clear guidelines. It would be horrible to have everything you found thrown out of court.

Because of the 4th Amendment, the laws regarding search and seizure have been tightened up much over the years.

I have a friend who is a deputy in Oregon and she said the search and seizure laws are pages upon pages long in our state. Because of that, I imagine that some LE are extremely hesitant to search without very clear guidelines. It would be horrible to have everything you found thrown out of court.

Thank you Kimster. I was sure there was a good reason but I didn't know what it was. If SA's family volunteered to have their property searched then anything found would allowed as evidence?

I don't know what thread to post my question in so I hope this one is alright. And if I already missed this discussion, I apologize.

IIRC, SA was named a POI & then a suspect in Hailey's disappearance. From what I've read about other cases POI doesn't mean much legally but to name him a "suspect" that takes it to another level. So apparently LE has some evidence against SA. I would think some of SA's stomping grounds would be on private property owned by members of his family.

Why can't LE get warrants to search those properties? I don't understand what qualifies as enough reason to get a judge to approve a warrant. Many areas have been searched with no sign of Hailey. I don't believe there have been any reported sightings of Hailey since the day she went missing. No one has claimed to have heard from Hailey. Why can't they get warrants to search the properties SA would be most comfortable on?

I am no legal eagle but with the affidavits that LE presented for other search warrants seems to me these would be sufficient enough to search SA's stomping grounds, so to speak. Since SA is a suspect/POI and according to his own admission he was at his Mothers and Grandmothers the day Hailey went missing, LE should have been able to present a warrant and search these properties. They may have, and we just don't know it.

Does anyone have SA's middle intial , and is his age 28 ? TIA

ETA: Nevermind I found what I was looking for :)

And it would be horrible to have something you needed for court thrown out...say...into the back of a pickup truck?

Editorial: We seem to have tied the hands of LE at every turn. And yet folks wonder why our crime rate is sky-high. Time to protect the victims again!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back