TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think maybe one parent is involved or knows more than the other parent? I'm not accusing either, just asking...

Maybe the mother really was surprised after not hearing from Joshua in 10 minutes, but that is a really short frame of time for a child to be seen and then completely vanished unless someone in the home is privvy to more than what is being said right now...

It's the father's house, the father's family, and the father's "friends"...

Does anyone think maybe one parent is involved or knows more than the other parent? I'm not accusing either, just asking...

Maybe the mother really was surprised after not hearing from Joshua in 10 minutes, but that is a really short frame of time for a child to be seen and then completely vanished unless someone in the home is privvy to more than what is being said right now...

It's the father's house, the father's family, and the father's "friends"...

I think the mom's original statement was 20 minutes. She noticed at 7:40 that he had not been around in awhile, and then the Dad says he was 'behind the chair' @ 8 pm.

I think if the mom did something bad, that the family in the home would have reported her already. Like you pointed out, these are his people. But if mom fell asleep while watching Toy Story, and Dad or Grandpa had accidentally lost their tempers and smacked baby too hard , the adults might cover for them, and leave mom out of the loop. JMO

This is in response to Dee10's quotes a couple posts up.....

If they Do think he's been kidnapped why would they think he's still within a 3 mile radius of the home??? that doesn't make sense....

VERY good point. Nothing makes sense...and in my opinion..just as in the Hailey Dunn case...this will not be solved until someone talks. So very, very sad.

This case is just odd from the get go. I've been reading and watching but not really posting anything on here. The whole this just stinks. How can you have that many people in the house and nobody notice the little boy missing. I dunno folks. Its not like they live in a huge house with a second floor or anything. They live in a trailer. I cringe. How could someone even kidnap a child and no one even know?? just crazy.

I'm skimming trying to catch up, but in regards to what other word would you use besides "cadaver"? This may have come up because the proper term is HRD dog standing for human remains detection dog. Cadaver is an outdated term that LE and the media continue to use incorrectly. Is that where this question came from maybe?

I'm skimming trying to catch up, but in regards to what other word would you use besides "cadaver"? This may have come up because the proper term is HRD dog standing for human remains detection dog. Cadaver is an outdated term that LE and the media continue to use incorrectly. Is that where this question came from maybe?

I thought she meant the mother would not say cadaver because cadaver=death...A mother whose child is missing supposedly would not think so morbidly, and would use another word because using a word that signifies death would be too hard on her.

My interpretation of where that came from...

I thought she meant the mother would not say cadaver because cadaver=death...A mother whose child is missing supposedly would not think so morbidly, and would use another word because using a word that signifies death would be too hard on her.

My interpretation of where that came from...
Ahhh, got it. Not sure what u could use that's not going to signify death, though what I try to explain to the families is that bring in HRD dogs is as much for showing what didn't happen as what did, so no HRD hits is a good thing, it means hope that the child is still alive.

Sorry for my scattered posts, I'm reading through transcripts, blogs, and other commentary but....

Is 10 minutes really an amount of time that would be unusual for your child not to return to a room---when he is amongst family, his own father even? I worry about my child after a couple of minutes, but that's when it's me and her here. When in other settings, I wouldn't get alarmed, I'd just ask where she's at...If any of that even makes sense.

Ahhh, got it. Not sure what u could use that's not going to signify death, though what I try to explain to the families is that bring in HRD dogs is as much for showing what didn't happen as what did, so no HRD hits is a good thing, it means hope that the child is still alive.

Can I ask you a question? Would the ice and weather conditions have any impact on the dog's capabilities? Can scent be covered up intentionally?

I guess that's a few questions...

Can I ask you a question? Would the ice and weather conditions have any impact on the dog's capabilities? Can scent be covered up intentionally?

I guess that's a few questions...

LOL, no worries, that's what I'm here for.

Yes, ice and weather can have an impact on dogs that have not trained in it. There are avalanche dogs that are specialized to work in snow and cold conditions, so it is entirely possible. It's a training issue and Texas dogs are not going to do much of that. Also it is very important to note that the initial dogs were DOJ dogs which are NoT SAR dogs, not even close.

Yes, people can cover up scent, but it is not as easy to do as people think. I don't want to go into detail as I don't know who is reading this, but suffice it to say it would take a lot of preparation and research to do so, none of which happened in this case I'm pretty sure.

LOL, no worries, that's what I'm here for.

Yes, ice and weather can have an impact on dogs that have not trained in it. There are avalanche dogs that are specialized to work in snow and cold conditions, so it is entirely possible. It's a training issue and Texas dogs are not going to do much of that. Also it is very important to note that the initial dogs were DOJ dogs which are NoT SAR dogs, not even close.

Yes, people can cover up scent, but it is not as easy to do as people think. I don't want to go into detail as I don't know who is reading this, but suffice it to say it would take a lot of preparation and research to do so, none of which happened in this case I'm pretty sure.

Makes sense, as it doesn't ice/snow very often in TX. I guess maybe we should not put too much stock on the dog's results then...

Sarx

Would it do any good to bring in SAR dogs at this late date, especially after the searchers and dogs have crisscrossed across the area?

Sarx

Would it do any good to bring in SAR dogs at this late date, especially after the searchers and dogs have crisscrossed across the area?

We are 10 days in, that is still a very doable trail if using the right trailing dogs, so yes, it would. I would also like to see some FEMA HRD dogs brought in just to verify that the house and property have been cleared.

We are 10 days in, that is still a very doable trail if using the right trailing dogs, so yes, it would. I would also like to see some FEMA HRD dogs brought in just to verify that the house and property have been cleared.

I wonder why the LE, FBI or Rangers have elected not to bring this type of dogs in for the search? Seems like it would be an automatic decision? What could it hurt?

I wonder why the LE, FBI or Rangers have elected not to bring this type of dogs in for the search? Seems like it would be an automatic decision? What could it hurt?

It can't hurt at all, they're free. I think it may be just the mentality of "we've had dogs already, they didn't find anything, so there is nothing there to find".

The clothing thing stands out to me, and now that someone mentions it, so does the father having on a beanie. It could all be nothing, but sometimes the little things are the biggest clues---and at the end those little things make you go ohhhhhhhh. If you get what I mean.

~RS~

The clothing did stand out to me, too. Even more, the fact that in the description they gave, they said the brand name for every item he was wearing. If one of my children went missing at this very moment, I couldn't even guess what brand any of it was.

It sounds scripted to me. Just like SB's account of that evening does.

Do you know anyone who might have some pull in that area?

~RS~

The clothing did stand out to me, too. Even more, the fact that in the description they gave, they said the brand name for every item he was wearing. If one of my children went missing at this very moment, I couldn't even guess what brand any of it was.

It sounds scripted to me. Just like SB's account of that evening does.

Are you thinking maybe this sounds planned, a la the Ramseys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni