Very Blonde Girl In Orange Chair With Ashtray

I knew Chris personally, she is not among the photos we've seen here. Thank you for keeping her out there. Her disappearance, along with Michaela Garecht,
also missing from Hayward is what brought me to this forum. And I've posted this before, but if anyone would like to see more pics of Chris, I can scan some from our yearbooks.

Thanks Billylee . I'm sending some hugs and prayers to/for Chris and Michaela
and to you.

In the photo of her in the rust colored chair, I noticed she had clinodactyly of the fifth digit. Perhaps this would be helpful in identifying her.

Something I find very creepy or maybe just an interesting way to lump some possible victims together in terms of when they were with Alcala is the fact that in two of the pictures of different girls Jefferson Airplane's Surrealistic Pillow is sitting out as though its being played.

In this one:

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01431.jpg

and in this one:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2010/03/11/2011323439.jpg

Now either that album is really a favorite of his that he uses as part of his "ritual" (which is a creepy thought and may make me never listen to it again), OR the dates of these photos are VERY close together, if not on the same day (which I doubt, but still something to think about).

ETA: In this photo with the two girls, the album is barely visible. You can see the pink cover behind the white album sleeve and part of the title.

Also I think we can rule out them being taken on the same day because of the red and white box behind the girls in the one picture is not present in the photos of the blonde.

I'm wondering about Sylvia Helen Carlson - she is missing since Dec 12th 1977
and that would work with the calendar. Not much info on her.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/carlson_sylvia.html

still not sure on the time line, seems to be a lot of back and forth on that..and I know the blonde in alcala's photo seems real young BUT in Carlson's profile it does mention her having had surgery on her left wrist prior to disappearing...and the blonde in the alcala's photo does have a reddish injury to her left wrist....of course that could be from him, but still...interesting.

many pictures found in his house have the same background i was just wondering if this is alcala's house ?

I've notice something not mention. The blond girl in the white shirt and also sitting in the chair has three darkish freckles on her nose. The girl topless sitting on the blue sheet/blanket does not. Even in the darker photo ( the one of her sitting in the chair ) you can still clearly see the freckles, I can't see them on the topless girl looking down.

Also, it seems the hair is just a tad shorter on the topless girl looking down, possibly it was just barely below her shoulder.

That brownish box is also from overseas. However, you it may have been possible to purchase one in the US at a Pier One, type store.
This isn't exactly what I think was the kind of jewelry box in the apartment, but it's close. jmo

images

Have we seen the blue luggage in any other photos?
I ask because I had a thought that maybe this girl was a flight attendant and the luggage is hers.
I know there is no way of knowing and it is entirely speculation on my part, but if there's a chance it's hers it might lead to us needing to look further afield for missing women.

Just a thought. :)

You could be on the right track.

On the "Girl with dark long hair and fur coat" thread, it was suggested that person might be Ellen Hover. Those side-by-sides work pretty well, better than the average suggestion.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Girl with dark long hair and fur coat.

Hover was a New York victim (1977). So I wondered if any of the other pics might match with New York (1971) victim Cornelia Crilley? I flipped through them and guess which one jumps out?

Your post and several thereafter seemed to be going there but then the discussion took other tangents.

Intriguingly, Crilley had only just moved into the digs where she was found and police thought her killer might have helped her with the move. More reason for the much-discussed luggage in the pictures. (But why were she and her luggage at Alcala's place?)

Here are some side-by-sides. Much needed here are better pics of Crilley. The only one I can Google up is pretty awful. She doesn't look a bit blonde in it. Other than that it's a better match than I've seen elsewhere.

CrilleyComparison.jpg

CrilleyComparison2.jpg

It's looking like he really did kill some of the people in the locker pictures.

I'm posting this dear soul as there is I believe two photographs of her. In reading about how some of our Sleuthers have found matches of women and how they have on changes of clothing or jewelry I think this fits.

Also next to the chair is what looks to be a baby blue leather bag. Resting on the bag looks to be some kind of paraphanalia. Does anyone know what that is? Also hanging on the lamp to the left there's what appears to be a button with a ribbon hanging at the end with numbers going backwards. Could that help to identify this poor girl? Also I see a drink on the table that holds the lamp.

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00801.jpg

Here is who I believe to be the same woman. She's on the floor with the earphones in her hand. BTW, that's a common theme alright. I highly doubt all these women elected to put earphones on. In this photo the woman has on a white blouse. She appears so sad. Plus in the first photo she only has one bracelet on. In this there's more or maybe a chain of some sort? Her arm closest to the camera has what looks like a burn perhaps? A blood blister?

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00751.jpg

It appears to be a device for rolling "joints". You put in the marijuana and a rolling paper and turn the wheels to produce evenly rolled cigarettes. They can be used for tobacco of course too.

Well, that better pic of Crilley I was wishing for is in. (A grand jury just indicted Alcala in her murder.) What I saw with the other picture isn't there in this one.

NewCrilleyComparison.jpg

Hmm. Taking another look this morning. I don't mean to waffle back and forth like Hamlet. What's still true is the new good Crilley doesn't snap for me in the area around the eyes like the old bad one. Her face is fuller. The hairline area looks different, although the styling--especially the placement of the part--is a lot of that.

But there are some new parallels not visible on the old one. She may have the same nose freckles, the same extra feature at the corners of her mouth, and the same parallel line effect in light and shadow produced by the cut of her chin.

NewCrilleyComparisonCloserLook.jpg

I still have to say the new picture weakens the potential match, but not to the degree I first thought.

Edit: The bad old one also shows a good match with the ears. None available in the new shot.

You would still have to reconcile that "very blond girl" appears to many to be a natural blonde and Crilley is a brunette.

You would still have to reconcile that "very blond girl" appears to many to be a natural blonde and Crilley is a brunette.

I thought maybe the darker eyebrows held out possibilities, but I couldn't be more out of my depth than on questions of female makeup and grooming.

I punt on this one. A person's nose probably doesn't widen any even if they chub up a little and their face gets fuller.

I'm probably way off base on this, but I was reading in the Zodiac thread about Cheri Jo Bates' murder in 1966 (while Alcala was at UCLA). Her picture reminded me of the photo of the distressed-looking topless blonde with the shorter hair (who I've never been convinced is the same woman as in the other three photos; the nose looks different to me.)

Attachments

• 2011323439.jpg
    2011323439.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 83
  • cheri_12.jpg
    cheri_12.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Cheri Jo Bates.jpg
    Cheri Jo Bates.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 71
Have been missing you, Carbuff. I agree with you that the topless blonde is not the same as "very blonde". The problem with Cheri Jo Bates is she was murdered in 1966 and the Surrealistic Pillow album showiing in the background came out in Feb. 1967.

Have been missing you, Carbuff. I agree with you that the topless blonde is not the same as "very blonde". The problem with Cheri Jo Bates is she was murdered in 1966 and the Surrealistic Pillow album showiing in the background came out in Feb. 1967.

I'm so bad with faces that I haven't been doing much around photos. Been sticking mostly with UID's.

Hi all,

I've checked calendars from 1971 to 1979, and in this timeframe, there are only 8 days when the wednesday is a 14th, in a month of 31 days :

July 14th 1971 : Unlikely to be a cold day.
March 14th 1973 : Alcala was incarcerated.
August 14th 1974 : Unlikely to be a cold day.
May 14th 1975 : Incarcerated.
January 14th 1976 : Incarcerated.
July 14th 1976 : Incarcerated.
December 14th 1977 : Questioned by FBI in Los Angeles. Also, the minimum temperature in LA during December 1977 was 53.1°. Even if that minimum was on the 14th, would you wear winter gloves at 53.1° ?
(http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/lox/climate/data/cqt_monthmin.txt)

Which leaves us with one last date :

March 14th 1979 : We know nothing of Alcala's whereabouts on that month.
Also, if he was in NY, it was likely to be a freezing day. I couldn't find weather data for the 14th, but March 15th 1979 was a record low with 17° (http://www.intellicast.com/Local/History.aspx?month=3).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back