GUILTY UK - Josef Witkowski, 27, stabbed to death, Salford, 24 July 2010

WhyaDuck?

Inactive
Reaction score
Those who created predictive text software for cell phones might never have predicted this.

According to the UK's Bolton News, 33-year-old Neil Brook sent a text to Josef Witkowski, a friend he'd known for about six months.

Brook testified in court that his text to Witkowski included the word "mutter." Unfortunately, his cell phone's predictive software apparently decided he meant "nutter."

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20031874-71.html

"You calling me crazy? I'll show you crazy!"

Sounds like they are both nutters, 104 stab wounds? Sheesh. After 40 you would think his arm would have gotten tired.

talk about senseless violence, somehow i wonder if there isnt a bit more to the story, perhaps they have had altercations before that could have led the murderer to believe that the texter really did mean something derogatory?? i wonder what the context of the message was? couldnt have been anything too lighthearted ... and maybe just maybe the texter really did mean nutter ? since the texter is dead how do we know what it was that he was trying to convey? either way he shouldnt have been murdered for it... dang..

and maybe just maybe the texter really did mean nutter ? since the texter is dead how do we know what it was that he was trying to convey?

The one that sent the message is alive, it is the recipient that is dead. The whole thing seems very made up, if they exchanged several messages AFTER the "nutter" mishap why wasn't it cleared up?

I have a feeling this knife fight was going to happen eventually, auto-correct or not.

Auto-correct causes a lot of people more transitory problems, though.
http://damnyouautocorrect.com/category/best-of-dyac/
I was going to post that link yesterday morning, but I had second thoughts because of the gravity of this situation. I'm glad you did, though. I agree, auto correct or not, a violent ending was inevitable.

From July 2011:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/jail-for-salford-knifeman-who-stabbed-857691

Brook had taped two of his own knives to the wall, and when his victim came in, the defendant chased him down the hall into the bathroom. Mr Witkowski 'barricaded' himself in, but Brook stabbed through the door, and then plunged one of his blades through the victim's heart, causing the fatal wound...

It was later established that he had suffered 104 separate injuries. He had been stabbed repeatedly and had fractured ribs from being stamped on, Andrew O'Byrne, prosecuting, earlier told the jury. The bathroom door had been forced off its hinges and had a hole in it which were caused by knife thrusts.

Brook denied murder and was found not guilty after the jury decided he was provoked by Mr Witkowski. But the defendant was found guilty of manslaughter, and was jailed indefinitely with a minimum of six years before he is eligible for parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back