The Evidence Trail - Zahra Baker

I have a leopard print stun gun! The reason I have it? Because I read this website & my father is retired LE.

I'm not making excuses because I wonder myself why they had a stun gun but they might be more common than you think! My MIL has one too because she is disabled and home a lot by herself.

I heard that the biggest deterrent to break-ins is dogs. If I had my own home and lived alone, I would have a big dog or two. When they asked guys in prison who were notorious for break-ins, they said they didn't care about alarms or anything else -- just DOGS. If the house had a dog, they would pick another house.

see pics 88, 116, & 120/888 at this photobucket link - dated 11/16 Backyard of Baker House - Notice all of the black flooring boards that appear to have at least come from the bathroom. I am not sure what the kitchen was to have had for flooring - but LE didn't take these boards from the backyard. Not sure what that means - except maybe they were taken out before the dismemberment?

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Zahra Baker -NC-/

Thanks for this informative link. Tonight I viewed hundreds of pics covering the Zahra Baker case. The ones that really startled me was pictures of the house the Bakers rented in Hickory. They had stark white skulls mounted on the iron railings leading to their door. The photos were taken on Oct 10th, which was very very early for Halloween (if that was the intent) and extremely morbid and innapropriate for a family reporting the disappearance of a child. Perhaps EB thought this would be a way to "brag" about a dirty deed. What was wrong with Adam, and why didn't he demand that those skulls be removedthat afternoon when he "discovered" that his daughter was "missing". IMO

IMO - This really demonstrates a lack of love and compassion for a brave beautiful girl who was horribly abused. IMO

Caligram, I am glad I reposted the link for you to spend some time looking through, but Amandarekonwith deserves the original credit. I do think that EB put the Halloween decor up early in October because she stated Halloween was her favorite holiday (the dark fairy goth stuff). I doubt that we would have thought that morbid had there not been a missing,kidnapped,murdered,dismembered child there. I like to put my Halloween stuff up early in the month as I enjoy Christmas stuff up as long as I can.

Caligram, I am glad I reposted the link for you to spend some time looking through, but Amandarekonwith deserves the original credit. I do think that EB put the Halloween decor up early in October because she stated Halloween was her favorite holiday (the dark fairy goth stuff). I doubt that we would have thought that morbid had there not been a missing,kidnapped,murdered,dismembered child there. I like to put my Halloween stuff up early in the month as I enjoy Christmas stuff up as long as I can.
ITA-Halloween is my favorite "holiday" of the year too, and I am not a "dark goth fairy", but my yard and house are full of skulls, reapers, bones, etc.

Sorry...thanks amandarekonwith for the photobucket link.
I guess I was not looking at the skulls as decorations, as I found them gruesome. But I can understand that those who love Halloween might not find it odd to decorate early in October. I now understand and see that there are other ways of viewing this, and appreciate your helpful comments.

May or may not be related:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125601"]2011.01.18.: "Briefcase" found that *may* contain evidence in Zahra Baker case - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Snippets from AY interview relating to evidence:

JM: Your name's also come out through the second set of search warrants that were released, and I'm sure you've read all of these things. Umm, and it, was that the first time you found out that the police were tracking your phone, and tracing your calls?

AY: Ahh. (pause) Yeah, I guess, but, uhh, I had gave law enforcement my phone number and all the information and yanno told 'em if they needed anything off of it, yanno, to get it.

JM: Um, the day that I met you at the police department, umm, you were there doing an interview. Did you go down there to talk to the police?

AY: Yeah. That's when I gave them the, my phone.

JM: Um, and did you know that the police walked cadaver dogs around your truck that day? And, it seemed like, were treating you as a possible suspect, and maybe they do that with everyone, but did you know that they kind of put you in that category?

AY: Ahh. (pause, shifty eyes, swallow, deep breath) No I didn't know about the truck, but I know they, when I left, uh, Detective Falowski told me that uh, they had search dogs up at my house. Yanno, goin' around the properties up there.

(Transcribed by FaerieB.)

Interview with Aaron Young Jennifer Moxley News 14 2011.01.19 PART 3
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118893"]Show Videos And Transcripts - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

" No I didn't know about the truck, but I know they, when I left, uh, Detective Falowski told me that uh, they had search dogs up at my house. Yanno, goin' around the properties up there. "

Could this possibly be the Phillip Lane address?

" No I didn't know about the truck, but I know they, when I left, uh, Detective Falowski told me that uh, they had search dogs up at my house. Yanno, goin' around the properties up there. "

Could this possibly be the Phillip Lane address?

I'm not sure of the addresses or what info anyone has with regard to AY's residential movements since the disappearance of Zahra, but I thought of this reply by AY (railbugfreak) to a question by Laddsy, which gives an idea of his residence at 1st December 2010 (MY BOLD):

"Meth cooker? Someone called DSS on me told them I was manufacturing meth in my singlewide mobile home with trailers surrounding it. Was proven to be a lie as Im sitting here right now im not in jail its no where on my criminal record as all can see."

I'm not sure of the addresses or what info anyone has with regard to AY's residential movements since the disappearance of Zahra, but I thought of this reply by AY (railbugfreak) to a question by Laddsy, which gives an idea of his residence at 1st December 2010 (MY BOLD):

"Meth cooker? Someone called DSS on me told them I was manufacturing meth in my singlewide mobile home with trailers surrounding it. Was proven to be a lie as Im sitting here right now im not in jail its no where on my criminal record as all can see."

Okay, that's most likely the Phillip Lane addy. According to AY, he moved from there sometime in early Dec. 09 (can't verify that, so I only have his word on it). If I'm not mistaken, though, a very close friend (now a relative) also lived at a Phillip Lane addy...and I have no idea when, or if, that person also moved out. So it does make me wonder if this police search with dogs is referring to the police search of the Phillip Lane trailer park that we have ample verification did occur.

JMO

Why on earth are we trying to sleuth out someone's address here in a public forum - someone who is not charged and hasn't been declared a suspect?

I know it's an old address, so I haven't removed anything, but don't take it any further. I, for one, wouldn't want to have any part in someone out there finding out addresses and deciding to harass anyone, or take the law into their own hands, etc.

Respect peoples' privacy, please.

I'm not, Duck. I'm simply trying to figure out if this search of AY's property (and surrounding area), which was reported in MSM, occurred at the Phillip Lane trailer park. My reasons for doing so are simply because I have always believed LE missed evidence in that area.

If I'm wandering off course, though, that's fine. I can reign it in. :)

I hope the briefcase ends up being evidence and not just some random item.

I'm not, Duck. I'm simply trying to figure out if this search reported in MSM occurred at the Phillip Lane trailer park. My reasons for doing so are simply because I have always believed LE missed evidence in that area.

If I'm wandering off course, though, that's fine. I can reign it in. :)

I just don't want things to snowball. It's fine to look at AY in terms of his interviews and the SW, but I know how these discussions can wander into not-so-okay territory.

I want people to be mindful of where their enthusiasm takes them, KWIM?

I hope the briefcase ends up being evidence and not just some random item.

Personally, I think it's a fifty-fifty chance, at best. I won't be shocked to hear it is not related at all. Though, yes, it would be pretty great if it were the piece needed to blow the case open and get the ball rolling on charges.

Personally, I think it's a fifty-fifty chance, at best. I won't be shocked to hear it is not related at all. Though, yes, it would be pretty great if it were the piece needed to blow the case open and get the ball rolling on charges.

I'm with you WhyaDuck? on that! There must be SO MUCH MORE evidence ... but who knows where? I realise we've not been given full details of the remains found, but the way the media has been instructed to report on findings implies that only parts of Zahra have been found. Such a sad and confusing mystery.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...nse-team-in-nc-girls-death.html#ixzz1EwLF5VJq

Ex-defense team in NC girl's death took evidence

"It was only in our possession long enough to negotiate an agreement with law enforcement and then we turned it over immediately," the Hickory lawyer told The Associated Press.

Dubs declined to comment about what evidence her private investigator Steve Ehlers recovered, or how long they had it in their possession before they provided it to the Hickory Police Department.

Dubs said the evidence was significant, but wouldn't elaborate. She said that if she hadn't reached a deal with investigators, they would have tested the evidence and "put it back in the same place that we found it, then left it for law enforcement to find."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...nse-team-in-nc-girls-death.html#ixzz1Ez8CN0qr

Does this just seem wrong to anybody?
How can it be right for them to find evidence, take it, test it, and put it back for LE to find on thier own. What if its not ever found by LE? Just doesnt seem right in my opinion.

Doesn't seem right to me. Not right at all. Why couldn't they just tell LE that they knew where to locate evidence when making the deal and leave it where it was?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...nse-team-in-nc-girls-death.html#ixzz1EwLF5VJq

Ex-defense team in NC girl's death took evidence

"It was only in our possession long enough to negotiate an agreement with law enforcement and then we turned it over immediately," the Hickory lawyer told The Associated Press.

Dubs declined to comment about what evidence her private investigator Steve Ehlers recovered, or how long they had it in their possession before they provided it to the Hickory Police Department.

Dubs said the evidence was significant, but wouldn't elaborate. She said that if she hadn't reached a deal with investigators, they would have tested the evidence and "put it back in the same place that we found it, then left it for law enforcement to find."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...nse-team-in-nc-girls-death.html#ixzz1Ez8CN0qr

Does this just seem wrong to anybody?
How can it be right for them to find evidence, take it, test it, and put it back for LE to find on thier own. What if its not ever found by LE? Just doesnt seem right in my opinion.

Thank you Fox for putting this in a thread.

In most court trials that I have witnessed in person, LE has documented who, when and where, has handled the evidence. LE was very careful not to contaminate the evidence.

Because of this atrocity (IMO), will this piece of evidence be admissible in a trial?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back