Found Deceased OK - Chris Shelton, 36, Hitchita, 15 February 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Foul play feared in man's disappearance
Authorities fear that foul play could be involved in the disappearance of a McIntosh County man who hasn’t been seen in more than two weeks.

Chris Shelton, 36, of Hitchita, was last leaving a friend’s house near Haskell in Muskogee County.

“Since Feb. 15 there’s been no communication with him. That’s just not like him at all is what they’re telling me,” said Muskogee County sheriff’s investigator Faye Banks.

(Tulsa World)
Hitchita man missing since Feb. 15
---
Shelton is 5 foot, 7 inches tall and weighs 175 pounds. He has brown hair, wears western attire and sometimes a goatee.

He was last seen wearing blue jeans and camo boots and had a small goatee.

“He usually wears western boots,” said Faye Banks, an investigator for the Muskogee County Sheriff’s Office.

(Muskogee Phoenix, w/picture)

Missing my Brother
Shelton had told his friend he was going home, Banks said. He had bought two chickens. His mother said he raises brood fowl.

The chickens were in a Tequila box. Neither the chickens nor the box were in the truck when it was found, Banks said.

Shelton’s mother said he was in good spirits, his friend told her. Shelton and his girlfriend planned to spend a belated Valentine’s Day outing in Eureka Springs the next day.

His friend said as he left his house he either received a call or made a call.

His girlfriend told authorities she was talking to him on the phone when he told her he would call her back when he got on the road — that the chickens were making noises.

She also heard a man and woman talking in the background, Hall said.

(CNN iReport)
Investigators Fear Foul Play In Hichita Man's Disappearance

(News6, w/video)

more at each link above

He disappeared two weeks ago when he left to travel 30 miles or so to his home. How is the road conditions in that area?
Hasn't the weather been terrible there?

He raises brood chickens. Does someone come in to take care of his animals or does he handle it himself? Are his chickens still alive?

Hitchita is less than 30 miles from Eufaula, where the Jamison family disappeared mysteriously.

from the "Missing my Brother" iReport above:
I would do anything to get his story out there with you because he traveled alot to other states and even Mexico.
As we know little as yet, that "and even Mexico" probably sounds more hinky than it should.

Did he carry a lot of money around with him?

I don't think it would cost much to buy two chickens though. Way back when, we used to sell them for $2 each. Of course, they were mainly young roosters.

I wonder where he does his banking?

His truck was found with the keys in the ignition according to one of the articles linked above. This doesn't sound right at all. I hope he turns up okay!

It sure sounds like LE is not giving the family assistance or the support that is needed. But then again, this is Oklahoma and I have come to expect this unfortunately after following many missing persons cases and murders in that state.

I agree that the keys being left in the truck does not sound good at all.

If this keeps up OK will have to have its own forum. New cases all the time and no resolution. Maybe we should send a websleuth to run for sheriff.At least we know to collect evidence.:maddening:

If this keeps up OK will have to have its own forum. New cases all the time and no resolution. Maybe we should send a websleuth to run for sheriff.At least we know to collect evidence.:maddening:

You've got that right, Soul!

I did find a court record for Chris;http://www1.odcr.com/detail.php?Case=046-TR 1100001&County=046-

He asks the court for a sooner court date, because he will be out of the country Feb.28.

The part about rasing chickens is interesting. Did he raise them as pets or were they used for *advertiser censored* fighting?

What did Chris do for a living, that he had to leave the country so often?

We need more information!:banghead:

I'm nominating Bobbles.

I looked earlier for an update on Mr. Shelton. Didn't find any.

"Raising brood chickens" is, perhaps, a euphemism for raising brood gamefowl (as they're called), which itself can be a euphemism for raising cockfightin' birds. And as that - the quality of the gamefowl involved - is dependent on bloodlines, the chickens in question may have been pricey birds indeed.

Or we could be a million miles off-base with such conjectures, viz a viz this case. Wish we knew more.

Cockfighting's illegal in Oklahoma, btw - voted out in 2002, I think it was; then there were lengthy court appeals, which eventually upheld the public vote. But raising "gamefowl" is certainly legal.

(And in another and quite likely a wildly unrelated area, LE in the San Antonio area just staged large-scale busts of Bandidos m/c personnel, some of the largest importers of methamphetamine to the U.S., yearly sales estimated at $60 million dollars. For that to happen people had to talk.)

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/article/Drug-raiders-target-Bandidos-1031020.php

"Raising brood chickens" is, perhaps, a euphemism for raising brood gamefowl (as they're called), which itself can be a euphemism for raising cockfightin' birds. And as that - the quality of the gamefowl involved - is dependent on bloodlines, the chickens in question may have been pricey birds indeed.

Or we could be a million miles off-base with such conjectures, viz a viz this case. Wish we knew more.

Cockfighting's illegal in Oklahoma, btw - voted out in 2002, I think it was; then there were lengthy court appeals, which eventually upheld the public vote. But raising "gamefowl" is certainly legal.

(And in another and quite likely a wildly unrelated area, LE in the San Antonio area just staged large-scale busts of Bandidos m/c personnel, some of the largest importers of methamphetamine to the U.S., yearly sales estimated at $60 million dollars. For that to happen people had to talk.)

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/article/Drug-raiders-target-Bandidos-1031020.php

Thanks, wfg. Here's a couple more links of interest;

Joe Wolcott & Bobby Fairchild on Leave!!! - Sabong, Cockfighting and Gamefowl News, Photo, Video; Derby News Schedule, Results, Breeding

http://crossville-chronicle.com/local/x960644818/11-indicted-on-gambling-charges

Joe Wolcott and Bobby Fairchild are from Oklahoma.

I guess I didn't know much about fowl vs chickens. LOL

Now, what about a bank? According to this site which may not be up to date, Hitchita is very, very small, so they may not have a bank. Since it's not that far to Eufaula, I was thinking maybe Shelton and Jamison used the same bank. If Shelton had a franchise with Snap-On, raises fowl, owns ranches, lands, etc. and buys a lot of guns on the side, it sounds like he has a lot of money and we know that the Jamisons had some.

http://oklahoma.hometownlocator.com/ok/mcintosh/hitchita.cfm

Hitchita had a population of 113 with 51 housing units; a land area land area of 0.12 sq. miles; a water area of 0 sq. miles; and a population density of 951.06 people per sq. mile for Census 2000.

When thinking of a title for this thread, I was tempted to write

OK - Fowl play feared: Chris Shelton, 36, Hitchita

but used my better judgement and didn't.

When thinking of a title for this thread, I was tempted to write

OK - Fowl play feared: Chris Shelton, 36, Hitchita

but used my better judgement and didn't.

I was kinda thinking about the fowl and tequila box missing.

I was kinda thinking about the fowl and tequila box missing.

I'm kinda thinking of moving to Oklahoma, because I really like fresh eggs and good tequila and I have a truck that's (momentarily, I hope) missing its spare set of keys, and the other set is (not) in the ignition. But it seems to depend on who you ask as to whether or not that's a good idea.

Now, what about a bank? According to this site which may not be up to date, Hitchita is very, very small, so they may not have a bank. Since it's not that far to Eufaula, I was thinking maybe Shelton and Jamison used the same bank. If Shelton had a franchise with Snap-On, raises fowl, owns ranches, lands, etc. and buys a lot of guns on the side, it sounds like he has a lot of money and we know that the Jamisons had some.

http://oklahoma.hometownlocator.com/ok/mcintosh/hitchita.cfm

Hitchita had a population of 113 with 51 housing units; a land area land area of 0.12 sq. miles; a water area of 0 sq. miles; and a population density of 951.06 people per sq. mile for Census 2000.

Don't feel bad, watcher. They're just "chicken's" to me.

I'm kinda thinking of moving to Oklahoma, because I really like fresh eggs and good tequila and I have a truck that's (momentarily, I hope) missing its spare set of keys, and the other set is (not) in the ignition. But it seems to depend on who you ask as to whether or not that's a good idea.

Oh, Oriah!!! You made my belly hurt from laughing! Please ask for permission before taking anyone's eggs!

Oh, Oriah!!! You made my belly hurt from laughing! Please ask for permission before taking anyone's eggs!

Will do. ;)

But really...if you're not accounting for your fowl to begin with, do I really need permission to take a few of your eggs?

I think this might be the problem going on here. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back