Odds of the SA having solid proof?

Tulessa

Reaction score
I'm thinking that since they are tossing out a lot of evidence, that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, they have some solid proof that we are not aware of?
Thoughts?

I could think of but one reason and that would be CA suddenly realizing the only way to keep KC from the DP is for CA to admit there was a big fight on June 15th and that KC flew into a rage and may have hurt Caylee and then tried to cover up. Someone telling the truth in this case would be refreshing and it might make KC realize she needs to avoid the trial at any costs and try to plead out. jmo

I'm thinking that since they are tossing out a lot of evidence, that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, they have some solid proof that we are not aware of?
Thoughts?

I hope so ? :waitasec:

Actually ,I have the utmost confidence in LDB and JA. I'm not sure there is absolute proof,but I think they have a solid case.

IMO there is ample evidence that ICA is guilty and a liar and therefore I think the SA could not put too much emphasis on her statements as truth given her history. If her statements are BS anyway why even go there.

Thoughts?

Oh, I think the prosecution wants to keep it simple.

They're just not going to use the 12/11/08 video of her reaction, or Maya's testimony.

They're just not going to use the 12/11/08 video of her reaction, or Maya's testimony.

No biggie! They don't need them, IMO. They have enough with the 31 days, partying, tattoo, and all of the lies.

The video - I never thought it was going to be seen by a jury anyways and I don't think it is that much of a loss anyways. I think Casey's phone call home where she talks to Cindy, Lee and Kristina is much more important and trumps the video of her learning about Caylee's (or a childs) remains being found on December 11th, 2008.

As for Maya... she just isn't trustworthy and I don't think the SA needs her.

Now if the duct tape gets tossed... I will panic!

Thoughts?

I was pleased to see the State drop some of the "nonsense" evidence ... I'm very sure they don't need it ... IMO Maya didn't come across as truthful, the 10/14 conversation after her indictment but before her booking when Baez wasn't present didn't reveal anything about the crime anyway .. just what a cold witch KC was, and the 12/11 video also, IMO, didn't prove any facts and could have been interpreted in different ways ...

It's great that the state is taking some of the focus off of what happened after KC was arrested and not giving Jose the chance to focus on it as a part of the big conspiracy against his client ... I think it's extra special that Jose's spent so much time chasing his tail and it won't even be used ... LOL

I don't believe Cindy's word on anything to be credible so admitting to a fight now is right up there with suggesting there was an accidental drowning. Means nothing to me. I don't care one way or the other if the jailhouse tape is introduced ior not. Sounds pretty circumstantial IMO anyway. Maybe she got a sudden cramp and started her period while the news was on- "Oh no." Who knows.
The jury will have enough dealing with all ICA's innapropriate gestures, facial expressions and tics as is without the jail tape. I have full confidence that relinquishing a tape now, the state probably never intended on introducing anyway is all part of some brilliant prosecution strategy. JMO

Thoughts?

Tulessa,
bbm
I don't think they do...this is a IMO strong circumstantial evidence case and the ASA's are tossing out evidence/discovery they don't need or are unable to use for whatever reason..

We now know the State is not going to use 1) Maya D's statement 2)the statements she made to LE (the chit chat) after being indicted when Jose wasn't around and 3) video of her reaction the day Caylee's remains were found.

I was pleased to see the State drop some of the "nonsense" evidence ... I'm very sure they don't need it ... IMO Maya didn't come across as truthful, the 10/14 conversation after her indictment but before her booking when Baez wasn't present didn't reveal anything about the crime anyway .. just what a cold witch KC was, and the 12/11 video also, IMO, didn't prove any facts and could have been interpreted in different ways ...

It's great that the state is taking some of the focus off of what happened after KC was arrested and not giving Jose the chance to focus on it as a part of the big conspiracy against his client ... I think it's extra special that Jose's spent so much time chasing his tail and it won't even be used ... LOL

:yes: :yes: :yes:

And I'm hoping LDB's Motion in Limine results in Baez' conspiracy innuendo being severely curtailed during the trial.

I predict a very one sided affair. :floorlaugh:

Nope - just strong circumstantial evidence. I don't believe there is a "smoking gun" per se, but as a whole, a possible "smoking bazooka"....:)

Thoughts?

When I read the news that the state is not going to use Casey's reaction to the news of the remains found, the testimony of Maya Derkovic, or Casey's statement to LE that they "wouldn't trick her into a confession", my immediate reaction was that the state must feel they've got substantial proof without using all the evidence they've got. It would appear the state is going with the strongest evidence, and concentrate on that evidence.

I think the forensic evidence is going to be strong. I also think the witness testimony from Casey's former friends will be strong, and even the testimony from George, Cindy, and Lee will be compelling. A good prosecutor will be able to elicit the testimony despite efforts on the Anthonys to spin it their way. I also think DC's testimony will be a major factor.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

And I'm hoping LDB's Motion in Limine results in Baez' conspiracy innuendo being severely curtailed during the trial.

I predict a very one sided affair. :floorlaugh:

It's extra special that all of Jose's hard work deposing all of the jail personnel and LE he claimed were involved in the "big setup" that day was for nothing ... :D

When I read the news that the state is not going to use Casey's reaction to the news of the remains found, the testimony of Maya Derkovic, or Casey's statement to LE that they "wouldn't trick her into a confession".

FWIW, I would not use any of the above either. Firstly Mila, I believe, has been transferred to a better place, secondly KCs reaction could be taken either way and third KCs statement re tricking is no big deal. So she said that so what. Doesn't make her guilty.

It is not shocking to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back