Hope for Hailey.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how long has this merchandise been available at cafepress? It doesn't look like the shirts that CD and NS were wearing at that rally. All of their stuff had the Hope for Hailey.org logo. I don't see any of that on cafepress. Is that what they are going to be selling on the website? So who is selling this other stuff? How can you find out? Someone obviously gave a bear to BD so does she approve of this and doesn't she wonder why the reward has never gone up? :waitasec:

I think this gear business is just as creepy as getting a tatoo. But since there appears to be a market out there of people who want to buy things sporting the name and/or image of a missing child...doubtful this sort of thing will go away.

From the blog above.

I was told proceeds on Cafe Press will go to Hailey's reward fund in Colorado City. Hailey's parents Clint and Billie are also launching a store along with their website www.hopeforhailey.org. For people headed to Colorado City, there's also another way to show your support for the Missing Teen:

It's not a store run by KTAB, they are simply promoting the 2 stores that have Hailey Merchandise (the hopeforhailey.org site doesn't have it's cafe press link up yet)

Oh my. Was this the interviewer who BD cancelled on for the weekly online blog show?

Goodness this is not good. Has everyone totally lost it? How can you be an objective reporter when you launch a line of Hailey "Gear" and announce it in this way?

I'm disgusted. This is totally tasteless and not good form. Poor Hailey has become a business.

Everyone needs to call the station manager and file a complaint. This is absurd but then again it's typical Abilene media, they stumble with words during reports and more often than not speak before all the details are known.

Profiting over a lost child, what's going to be next?

Blame the McCanns. They're probably still selling bracelets. :banghead:

but of course. But without the comments that Priscilla professes.

http://store.findmadeleine.com/

posters, luggage tags, wallet cards, car stickers, t-shirts, etc.

I don't like the trend either. I know it's important to get the word out, but a name on a bracelet -- does that really help find a child.

Just thinking out loud.

Mel

(Mods - sorry to get OT).

If the money was ALL going for the REWARD .... it's one thing. But as others have pointed out, the fund is not increasing! This is just so wrong on so many levels.

The fact that there is no clear source as to where the proceeds are going to bothers me but what gets me the most is this reporter acting like this merchandise is something in a line up for a freaking fashion show. It's absolutely disgusting.

~jmo~

The fact that there is no clear source as to where the proceeds are going to bothers me but what gets me the most is this reporter acting like this merchandise is something in a line up for a freaking fashion show. It's absolutely disgusting.

~jmo~

Yes, they are being SOLD, and PROMOTED, not simply offered. imo

This is just plain tacky. Hailey is a missing girl who was probably murdered. She is not Hannah Montana. She is not a brand. There is no reason for any missing or murdered child's face to be on different unrelated products.

~jmo~

ITA. This is a missing child FGS. Not a high school booster club.

The Hope for Hailey shirts that Clint and Naomi had on were very different, stylistically, than the cafe press stuff. I think they are separate endeavors. jmo

per Priscilla...

Hailey's parents Clint and Billie are also launching a store along with their website www.hopeforhailey.org.

*thud*

Just when you thought this whole fiasco surrounding Hailey's disappearance couldn't sink any lower, it does.

WHY would anyone capitalize on their missing daughter? :banghead:

Where in the heck are all the pictures of Hailey?
No pictures of her cheer leading at a game.
No pictures of her playing the sax.
No pictures at six flags.
No birthday pictures.
No family pictures.
No pictures of her and DD.
Where in the heck are all the pictures of Hailey?

Leave the rumors out folks. Please FB is in the Parking Lot. We deal with facts not rumors in the forums. Thanks.

So redcat is selling stuff that is going to the Angels search effort, but the Angels say they don't get donations? Right? Or am I confused with all the bs?

The t-shirt was designed: Product id: 235707635280455560
Made on 1/23/2011 7:13 PM

http://www.zazzle.com/tshirt_edited_1-235707635280455560

So they have been out there for a bit.

How can anyone sell anything without a 501c3 filing with the secretary of state for non-profit status?

Has anyone obtained such a status to our knowledge?

I dont understand why rewards are set up in these cases like they are anyway. They are always for finding a live person and the odds are not real favorable of that happening. Why arent they set up with information that will bring that missing person home one way or the other? They might get alot more tips in these cases.
MHO is any donations right now should be toward the search efforts.

:eek:hwow::eek::banghead::furious: :mad::doh:
As if everything up till now wasn't shocking enough! This is beyond tacky and sad.

:waitasec: Where's Hailey??? :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member