Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is interesting. I found this blonde young woman -- a bit older than Morgan -- who disappeared on her way to a Motley Crue concert in Washington DC in 2005: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2280/24/. Her car was found in Glen Burnie.

It's probably nothing but odd coincidence, but I thought it was interesting given Morgan's connection to the 2005 Fairfax case.

eta: her husband has been convicted of her murder even though the body was never found: http://www.lbth.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200503387S

Okay, this is interesting. I found this blonde young woman -- a bit older than Morgan -- who disappeared on her way to a Motley Crue concert in Washington DC in 2005: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2280/24/. Her car was found in Glen Burnie.

It's probably nothing but odd coincidence, but I thought it was interesting given Morgan's connection to the 2005 Fairfax case.

eta: her husband has been convicted of her murder even though the body was never found: http://www.lbth.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200503387S

carbuff, the second link says that she was reported missing in eugene, oregon between april and june 1981. she may be a good case to research in the doenetwork,org.

i believe the link has misdirected me to something different than you mention, as i didn't see anything about a car and the woman at time of disappearance was age 31

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...tate-can-now-perform-familial-dna--ar-917124/

Use of the technique is being sought in the high-profile slaying Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.

"This new technology will allow forensic experts to develop leads otherwise unavailable to law enforcement officers that can expedite the identification of criminals in certain cases and can get these offenders off the streets before any further loss of life or injuries to citizens occur," [Governor Bob] McDonnell said in announcing the change.

carbuff, the second link says that she was reported missing in eugene, oregon between april and june 1981. she may be a good case to research in the doenetwork,org.

i believe the link has misdirected me to something different than you mention, as i didn't see anything about a car and the woman at time of disappearance was age 31

Yes, that's definitely pointing to a different article. Looks like they shuffled the site or something. Dang.

The first link looks like it's still good, though. And I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence anyway. So ignore the whole thing :p

thank god! now that va has the ability to use familial dna testing to catch the killer, it should only be a matter of time before morgan's killer(s) are brought to justice!!!

It's only useful if somebody in the killer's family has ever been arrested and had their DNA taken. It won't surprise me if that's not the case here. I hope I'm wrong. Fingers crossed...

I also think its a long shot but definitely worth trying. This guy blends in, commits horrendous crimes and goes unnoticed. He has never been arrested that we know of or had his DNA taken and has gone this long without being detected. The fact that he blends in so well indicates to me he is living two lives the second one know one knows about. I just pray he has family members who have been arrested. The Harringtons need closure.

It's only useful if somebody in the killer's family has ever been arrested and had their DNA taken. It won't surprise me if that's not the case here. I hope I'm wrong. Fingers crossed...

I'm hopeful because mostly everyone has had someone in their extended family that's been arrested. Unless it has to be immediate family, and not second/third cousin types. Then again not every arrest requires DNA to be taken.

I'm praying.

Wow. I just thought about it and can honestly say that no one in my family has their DNA on file (that's pretty amazing). I hope someone connected to this monster does.

Nobody in my family or my husband's family, either. There are some people who have been arrested but none for anything that would result in DNA being taken. My brother's stepson might, but he wouldn't show up as a relative, genetically speaking.

I agree, it probably won't bring a match but you never know! It's how they caught the "grim sleeper".

Personally I think he is either an immigrant or the son of immigrants and keeps to himself (maybe because of this - he feels like an outsider). I don't think he has many friends or family here and is kind of a recluse aside from his job which probably doesn't involve a lot of contact with people (mechanic, janitor, etc). MOO. This may be why in the two cases we know about, it was at night - because he feels more comfortable not having to interact with others and likes to be invisible. Didn't he attack the first girl from behind? I can't recall.

I dunno if this has been discussed but I think Morgans Case is gonna be on the show disappeared. Anyone know about this?

I dunno if this has been discussed but I think Morgans Case is gonna be on the show disappeared. Anyone know about this?

I just turned on the ID Channel and I saw that "Disappeared" was coming on at 8:00 pm CT and it said "Morgan Harrington disappears from a Metallica concert ..." so I thought I would check here on WS and watch the show to get an update on Morgan.

But then the show started and it is about someone else who is missing (not sure of his name -- I think it is Stephen).

I will check the posts above to get an update on Morgan.

I just turned on the ID Channel and I saw that "Disappeared" was coming on at 8:00 pm CT and it said "Morgan Harrington disappears from a Metallica concert ..." so I thought I would check here on WS and watch the show to get an update on Morgan.

But then the show started and it is about someone else who is missing (not sure of his name -- I think it is Stephen).

They have Morgan's case in the description for next Monday, the 18th, on my Direct TV listing, so hopefully that will be the right episode.

Same thing here!!

Morgan's case will be airing on Disappeared this Monday (April 18th)

Yes, the ID channel is featuring Morgan's story at 9:00 P.M. April 18.
I think it's great they are covering Morgan's story. However, if AJ is the featured reporter, I just hope she will provide responsible and correct information and does not mislead the public.:twocents:

I am watching the show now, from taping it last hour...they talked about the various sightings of Morgan that night, including the newspaper lady and the woman who said she saw her cross, somewhat wobbly, the street near the stadium with 3 men. Talked about the finding the shirt, determined it was her shirt. Poor Morgan.

PS: Nothing really new on this show, they talked about the DNA match and just said they hope to solve the case someday, would not talk about cause of death, still not being revealed. Her parents were on the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151