Father turns in his own children for bullying

nosysw

Reaction score
This is kind of interesting. Father says he was bullied as a child and when he saw his own kids bullying someone he dragged them to the police station:

An Ipswich father claims he was so irate when he caught his two children attacking another that he turned them into police to be charged.

The father, known only as Matt, told Brisbane radio station 97.3FM he witnessed his 17-year-old son and 15-year-old daughter bashing a 13-year-old boy, breaking his jaw, because he wore glasses.

Enraged after experiencing similar bullying in his childhood, he marched his children to a police station to have them charged with assault.

He said he also sold his son’s car and daughter’s horse as further punishment.
More at:

http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/fa...-for-bullying-20110318-1bzjd.html?from=smh_sb

That wasn't bullying - that was assault! Good for him - he gets my vote for Father of the Year! :)

Agreed! And he gave them appropriate consequences at home and it sounds like they were remorseful.

Gotta wonder what they've been up to prior to this (apparently the school said they were involved with this boy before but it had to be more than that)...

More parents should be this way!! He is my hero.

Pay the consequences for your actions, children!!

Sometimes it's not the parents who want to cover for bullying. I was going to do that with a teen relative for kicking a younger child, but his narcissistic counselor called and let my husband think she was an authority and said not to do it. He's still in big trouble for kicking though, and the counselor has been reported for her bullying and antics.

Sometimes it's not the parents who want to cover for bullying. I was going to do that with a teen relative for kicking a younger child, but his narcissistic counselor called and let my husband think she was an authority and said not to do it. He's still in big trouble for kicking though, and the counselor has been reported for her bullying and antics.

Sad...sometimes adults just don't get it about teaching personal accountability. This father got it because he had experienced bullying...I wish more parents would get it- and schools as well. There's still alot of "ignore it and it will go away" and "toughen up" mentality out there....

Now that's what I call appropriate action for bullying. And a father who loves his kids! To look the other way, he would in some ways be enabling actions like this and of course it would continue. And eventually they would get caught or someone would be hurt worse. If so they would be paying, and paying without the first showing the court that they have responsible parents. So in some ways he actually helped them by getting them in trouble.

I know it hurt to do it. But good for you Dad! It really shows you do care.

I agree 100% mysteriew. From the sound of the article, it seems like he really made an immediate difference in their lives. I hope he is right that they are truly remorseful.

This is kind of interesting. Father says he was bullied as a child and when he saw his own kids bullying someone he dragged them to the police station:

An Ipswich father claims he was so irate when he caught his two children attacking another that he turned them into police to be charged.

The father, known only as Matt, told Brisbane radio station 97.3FM he witnessed his 17-year-old son and 15-year-old daughter bashing a 13-year-old boy, breaking his jaw, because he wore glasses.

Enraged after experiencing similar bullying in his childhood, he marched his children to a police station to have them charged with assault.

He said he also sold his son’s car and daughter’s horse as further punishment.
More at:

http://www.smh.com.au/queensland/fa...-for-bullying-20110318-1bzjd.html?from=smh_sb

It's hard to do that as a parent. You don't want your children to be hurt, you want to protect them. But as a parent it is so important to teach your children that there are consequences.

The earlier in life that you learn to accept and deal with the consequences of your own actions, the better.

To the dad in the article - you rock, dude! :rocker:

It's hard to do that as a parent. You don't want your children to be hurt, you want to protect them. But as a parent it is so important to teach your children that there are consequences.

The earlier in life that you learn to accept and deal with the consequences of your own actions, the better.

To the dad in the article - you rock, dude! :rocker:

I agree, Tuffy, it is hard...We don't ever want our children to be hurting, and make excuses for them sometimes when they hurt us, nevermind someone else.

Kudos to all the parents who have mastered tough love...It is not easy, for sure.

I read the article... incredible! I'm amazed that, despite losing their own popularity in school, the kids are still remorseful rather than bitter about it, and that they themselves wanted the money from the car and horse to go to their victim.

Made me teary, but I'm pregnant. Maybe just hormones :p

I read the article... incredible! I'm amazed that, despite losing their own popularity in school, the kids are still remorseful rather than bitter about it, and that they themselves wanted the money from the car and horse to go to their victim.

Made me teary, but I'm pregnant. Maybe just hormones :p

Not pregnancy...it made me teary and I'm not pregnant. Oh, wait, I am in perimenopause...maybe it is the hormones, lol!

The father must have been heart broken to see his own children doing that.

The father must have been heart broken to see his own children doing that.

I would be mortified if one of my children were a bully. It's one thing to have normal childhood squabbles and disagreements but to use perceived power against another child- I pray to God my children know better but I have to wonder where his children got the idea. To bully someone for wearing glasses? It's one thing to make fun of them (also totally unacceptable) but this sounds like it was ongoing and went pretty far...

I see it as a simple choice.

You either master tough love, or you learn to write to your kid in prison.

Pick one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back