NY-Long Island-4 bodies on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes LE is now saying they are expecting to find more bodies, but On 12/8/10 they said they thought they wouldn't. Wonder what change their minds?? Is it because they feel they will find Shannon?? IDK

I think Nassau County is getting involved because Tobay Beach is in Nassau County and I feel that that is where they will search next. JMO

I been looking at missing women in CT ME and New York not really came up with anything that would match theses girls.

The sad thing is the kind work the girls are in they might not even be reported missing. :(

Here is the link i found it whew must have been misplaced somewhere lol i was also looking for it on the wrong newsite =p

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/northern_suburbs&id=7843812

"Gilbert's family did not hear the 911 calls themselves, but say detectives told them about it and that Shannon, who was working as a prostitute, named her attacker.

The family says it was someone she knew."

see this is why they won't release the 911 call, shannon said named her attacker, this is very important!

Yes LE is now saying they are expecting to find more bodies, but On 12/8/10 they said they thought they wouldn't. Wonder what change their minds?? Is it because they feel they will find Shannon?? IDK

I think Nassau County is getting involved because Tobay Beach is in Nassau County and I feel that that is where they will search next. JMO

JB has some records there as well doesnt here? I was looking at the area and I think they need to go all the way to the end of the other barrier island toward NJ.

Interesting about them expecting to find more bodies. Is that based on the skill level?

I hope it is based on an arrest of a possible informant.

S/K mini profile IMO

clean vehicle most likely a truck, clean shaven ,very short nails ,gets hair cut often doesnt sleep well or often and likes to cook. No pets ,hates hair.

I have a great deal of sympathy for them and am going to try to send positive good thoughts their way. God knows....the authorities there never in their wildest days thought they would be knee deep in a crime of this caliber. The big city cops & detectives may be trained for this type of case.....of this caliber.....BUT, I doubt those manning the smaller jurisdictions are prepared in any way, shape or form for crimes of this magnitude.

Yes, and pretty soon they'll find their budget is going to cut the investigation back - always seems to happen in cases that mushroom like this one. And pretty soon the local LE are not going to have the expertise in the extensiveness of the investigation as it gets bigger.

BUT one great thing is the local LE have the FBI at their beckoning call to guide and advise them, run tests and pretty much run the case excepting for letting the locals make the arrest in the end. Thank God for the FBI :great:

I have a great deal of sympathy for them and am going to try to send positive good thoughts their way. God knows....the authorities there never in their wildest days thought they would be knee deep in a crime of this caliber. The big city cops & detectives may be trained for this type of case.....of this caliber.....BUT, I doubt those manning the smaller jurisdictions are prepared in any way, shape or form for crimes of this magnitude.

Welp, it's about time SCPD is acually doing some police work other than rescuing kittens out of trees, setting up road blocks for construction and writing traffic tickets. Their starting salary is pretty high.

Here is the link i found it whew must have been misplaced somewhere lol i was also looking for it on the wrong newsite =p

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/northern_suburbs&id=7843812

"Gilbert's family did not hear the 911 calls themselves, but say detectives told them about it and that Shannon, who was working as a prostitute, named her attacker.

The family says it was someone she knew."

see this is why they won't release the 911 call, shannon said named her attacker, this is very important!

WOW and thanks for that. Hmmmmm I think LE has focused on JB don't you? And allot. I think I would guess that is who Shannan fingered, the John. What do you think?

IMO

http://www.wnyc.org/blogs/wnyc-news...island-murderer-large-how-find-serial-killer/

I thought I would share this interesting article with all of yall!

It's called: Inside the Mind of a Murderer: Hunting the Suspected Long Island Serial Killer

One thing that interested me is "the best bet to find the Long Island killer is to find a surviving victim of the killer's attacks — "which there almost always is"

I'm wondering if any of the houses in JB's area had/have security cameras? It's probably way too late for that at this point BUT.....there was some mention of the older gentleman that called in and his "elderly" neighbors wondering if he was looking out for them. If the general population in that neighborhood is "older"......someone out there that may have security cameras MAY still have the footage. My logic with this is that older people save "everything". It's probably a "long shot" but you never know.

http://www.wnyc.org/blogs/wnyc-news...island-murderer-large-how-find-serial-killer/

It's called: Inside the Mind of a Murderer: Hunting the Suspected Long Island Serial Killer

One thing that interested me is "the best bet to find the Long Island killer is to find a surviving victim of the killer's attacks — "which there almost always is"
Sooooooo glad you posted this!!! I've been thinking the same thing.....there has got to be AT LEAST one female that has been in (or near) the clutches of this killer but survived.. I bet there's more than one actually. I just pray to "whoever" word has filtered out and "the girls" that have had odd/fearful encounters.........especially out in that remote barrier island area, will speak up.

JB has some records there as well doesnt here? I was looking at the area and I think they need to go all the way to the end of the other barrier island toward NJ.

Interesting about them expecting to find more bodies. Is that based on the skill level?

I hope it is based on an arrest of a possible informant.

S/K mini profile IMO

clean vehicle most likely a truck, clean shaven ,very short nails ,gets hair cut often doesnt sleep well or often and likes to cook. No pets ,hates hair.

hmm wonder why he would think he hate hair?

YES, it was a great article. That last line almost slapped me in the face. He's right IMO. With at least 8 killings there must have been a few who got away, right? There have to be odds on that. And then to put out there an idea on how to catch this guy was brilliant I think. Creative journalism at it's best. Ya Ya

You'd have to believe the FBI is tracking this, right? Going back to the months when these girls died, checking 911 calls, reports of note, etc steaming up the computer to help find this guy.

Ok I tried signing up for the LI site. I got my password and name and it wont let me sign in. My cookies are enabled and my IP address is not hidden. Nothing. I feel rejected.

BTW my husband thinks I am completely crazy and he wont help me see why I cant log on. Any body have any solutions?

Respectfully, BBM:

:floorlaugh:

:waitasec: if he is OCD- & cleanliness I wouldn't think he'd be a clammer or a fisherman ~ too slimy, smelly icky! But. murdering young women while strangulation is not "messy" decomposition is... so if he returns to the bodies it must just be to look and relive the event. IMO he is not handling the remains in any way.
MOO

If you are always worried about how it could implicate you somehow to something you would just hate it. Every time you saw one it would remind you of how you have to watch out for it. If your murdering women at your house then putting them in burlap sacks and dumping them and you see hair on the sink or floor or whatever it is on you would think ,hey I better get that. Creeping thoughts are going to come out in this guys everyday life.

I think hair would be one of his worst things. But I am just guessing.

If you are always worried about how it could implicate you somehow to something you would just hate it. Every time you saw one it would remind you of how you have to watch out for it. If your murdering women at your house then putting them in burlap sacks and dumping them and you see hair on the sink or floor or whatever it is on you would think ,hey I better get that. Creeping thoughts are going to come out in this guys everyday life.

I think hair would be one of his worst things. But I am just guessing.

I think if he was that worried about leaving traces on the bodies, he would have burned them, or thrown them in the water.

JMO

I think they had to admit a serial is working the area, because they found so many bodies in one location. This forced their hand.

I just worry they may have some ideas of who they are looking for in the possible victims which may be why they are sure they are going to find more.

If there was a window of time between when the women left the client and were picked up by the driver, then there could have been someone accosting them within that timeframe, as some of you have suggested.

In that case, was it a person or persons who knew the women's schedules and would hide and stalk them demanding sexual services without paying? I think of Gary Ridgeway (Green River kiler) who said he didn't want to pay for sexual services, so he killed the women.

Maybe these women were able to deter or dodge the perp(s) in prior encounters and just considered it a harassment or inconvenience that was brushed off as nothing. Perhaps the women even knew the name(s).

Or am I way off on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member