State v Brad Cooper 4-8-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the significance of the car floor mat on the driveway is he took it out (to shake off) after disposing of Nancy's body and because it was dark he forgot about it

that was cool...the phone call to the Judge was just as great

When someone lies repeatedly, as Brad Cooper did, it's difficult to then know when they are telling the truth. As I listen to the deposition and think about witness testimony I am hearing lots of lies from Cooper.

He must really love his daughters. I can't figure out any other reason he would have done these depositions. Surely his attorney would have advised against it. By this time, he had to have known he was suspected of NC's murder.

Do any of you have a different point of view? If so, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Who ever got the kid's would get child support...Brad was not having any of that!

He must really love his daughters. I can't figure out any other reason he would have done these depositions. Surely his attorney would have advised against it. By this time, he had to have known he was suspected of NC's murder.

Do any of you have a different point of view? If so, I'd be interested in hearing it.

I honestly feel that Brad thought he was smarter than the law enforcement involved and that he would never be arrested for Nancy's murder. I think he did the depositions with that idea and felt no impending threat of being arrested.

That's why I said yesterday that I wondered if Nancy was even aware of this. She thought borrowing 160 K for her father would buy out brad on the mortg.

Interesting observation. I know in the sep agreement she said he would need to pay off all debt that occured during their marriage and with the 77k in equity loans I don't see how she would be able to just pay him to leave the house when she actually owed 222 and then more with the equity.
Basically she wasn't going to be able to stay there!

Sounds like he took all the cc debt and folded it into the house.. they would have had to sell that house to try to come out even and then both find new places.. that would be the only way out..

I honestly feel that Brad thought he was smarter than the law enforcement involved and that he would never be arrested for Nancy's murder. I think he did the depositions with that idea and felt no impending threat of being arrested.

But how would his counsel not know this and advise him of this? I'm pretty sure his lawyers were aware of how the investigation was going.

Alice Stubbs is so darn cool. She is transitioning one set of questions right into the next with so much ease. I can almost hear the disdain of Brad in her voice.

Lie:

So the trunk wasn't "sopping' with gas as he said
but then a few sentences later he said he soaked it up with some towels.

???????????

I am going on the record here as saying it is VERY possible we have met the suspect(s) that may supersede Brad in this case. Possibly on the stand already. I don't know which one or two of them may have been involved for sure.

This dude is NOT a sociopath. And I don't think his wife was killed by a random killer. I also don't think he was "framed". I think it was just one of those moments that played out and they kept their mouth shut.

I totally agree. I have had this odd feeling that even when this trial is over and the verdict is delivered --- we will NOT have heard the last of this case.

I don't know "who" "what" "when" or "where" --- but there is SOMETHING MORE to this story.

Alice Stubbs is so darn cool. She is transitioning one set of questions right into the next with so much ease. I can almost hear the disdain of Brad in her voice.

Is it possible that she had some info / guidance from law enforcement and that made her ask all the seemingly irrelevant questions? so that there would be a record of him talking in the event / when he was arrested?

So much of this is not relevant to custody - but it sure is to this case.......

But how would his counsel not know this and advise him of this? I'm pretty sure his lawyers were aware of how the investigation was going.

Probably. But I still think he thought he was so smart he'd get away with it, perhaps to the extent that law enforcement would never consider him given the way it was carried out--a jog, a stranger abduction, murder and body dump. He has a huge ego I feel he took advice from his attorneys with a grain of salt........until he was arrested.

I am going on the record here as saying it is VERY possible we have met the suspect(s) that may supersede Brad in this case. Possibly on the stand already. I don't know which one or two of them may have been involved for sure.

This dude is NOT a sociopath. And I don't think his wife was killed by a random killer. I also don't think he was "framed". I think it was just one of those moments that played out and they kept their mouth shut.

I agree he is not a textbook sociopath.
He is narcissistic for sure.

Interesting you think the evidence points to a witness in this case vs Brad.
Wow

Is it possible that she had some info / guidance from law enforcement and that made her ask all the seemingly irrelevant questions? so that there would be a record of him talking in the event / when he was arrested?

My guess is yes she talked to them and yes she was trying to get justice for her client that can no longer help herself. She is one smart chick.

I wonder if the jurors picked up on the floor cleaning, or if that just went right over their heads?

A lot of non-criminal trial attorneys have people in law enforcement that they get tidbits of information from when needed. That may be the case here.
This does seem more of an all-encompassing interrogation than a depo for child custody.

PS: The case with the CPD is available as public records so much of her info may have come from that. The detectives' added investigative notes are not considered public record.

and when you think about it, alice stubbs covers each and every base thoroughly. Everything from the cleaning to tying him in on his routes to HT the morning of nancy's disappearance, to the bear painting, gas in the trunk, etc.

I agree he is not a textbook sociopath.
He is narcissistic for sure.

Interesting you think the evidence points to a witness in this case vs Brad.
Wow

I am amazed by this too, but everyone has a different view and opinion on this as we have quite healthy discussions about everything

if he didn't do the depo ...I doubt he would have gotten custody

Alice knew most of the answers she was looking for,

Brad not a sociopath? hmmm - I think that there are a LOT of his personality traits listed here and we could pretty easily map many instances of these to each bullet point.

Here is a list of ways to identify a sociopath. This list is from "Profile of a Sociopath". Is is a pretty good list of sociopathic indicators.

* Glibness/Superficial Charm
* Manipulative and Conning
* Grandiose Sense of Self
* Pathological Lying
* Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
* Shallow Emotions
* Incapacity for Love
* Need for Stimulation
* Callousness/Lack of Empathy
* Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
* Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
* Irresponsibility/Unreliability
* Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
* Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
* Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
* Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
* Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
* Authoritarian
* Secretive
* Paranoid
* Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
* Conventional appearance
* Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
* Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
* Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
* Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
* Incapable of real human attachment to another
* Unable to feel remorse or guilt
* Narcissism, grandiosity (self-importance not based on achievements)
* May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_know_if_someone_is_a_sociopath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members