Time Machine

BBB167893

Former Member
Reaction score
horatio said:
Question: If you had a time machine, went back to the night of Dec 25th and could peek in the window -- what do you expect to see happening? What's the most likely scenario?

I'll tell you what I'd see happening: me breaking through that window and kicking JR's butt!

I'll tell you what I'd see happening: me breaking through that window and kicking JR's butt!

Ha! Thanks for posting the question SuperDave. To answer my own question: I'd expect to see a frantic cover-up by JR & PR.

I've tried to go through the IDI scenarios in my head and it just doesn't work for me. Regardless of who did the actual murder, the most likely scenario to me is basically the entire night is spent cleaning, staging and rehearsing.

I'd expect to see PR & JR writing the RN, possibly (probably) scouring videotapes for ransom writing tips. Then hiding the tapes to be removed later. I'd also expect to find PR & JR searching the house for materials which they would then wipe clean. I'd expect to see PR rehearsing the 911 call and JR placing the body and moving the suitcase.

Really this question is about your gut instinct and what you believe is the likeliest thing to have occurred that night.

Ha! Thanks for posting the question SuperDave. To answer my own question: I'd expect to see a frantic cover-up by JR & PR.

I've tried to go through the IDI scenarios in my head and it just doesn't work for me. Regardless of who did the actual murder, the most likely scenario to me is basically the entire night is spent cleaning, staging and rehearsing.

I'd expect to see PR & JR writing the RN, possibly (probably) scouring videotapes for ransom writing tips. Then hiding the tapes to be removed later. I'd also expect to find PR & JR searching the house for materials which they would then wipe clean. I'd expect to see PR rehearsing the 911 call and JR placing the body and moving the suitcase.

Really this question is about your gut instinct and what you believe is the likeliest thing to have occurred that night.

And they did all of this in a dark house? The street is very dark with low level street lights. A lit house would have been noticed. The police took videotapes, etc. including their computer. They didn't watch ransom/extorition movies...they didn't do any googling on how to write a ransom note. They didn't have the criminal minds or knowledge of the contents of the note to write it. Burke was in the house. A nine-year old kid is not going to be quiet about chaos going on in the house---and he was interviewed shortly after the murder, and was taken out of the house right after the police arrived. It's not logical that the Ramseys could have done all this coverup in a matter of hours, let alone do the overkill and sexual assault.

If JonBenet was murdered sometime before midnight (perhaps her grave saying 12/25 is significant) and 911 was called at around 6 AM; that gives John and Patsy 7 hours to stage her murder to look like an intruder came in and killed her; plenty of time IMO

Given my love of scifi and time travel etc, it would be apparent before leaving on my trip that I couldn't change the event itself, and any attempt to intervene would probably in the future be seen as evidence of an Intruder (I'd probably also coincidentally be wearing hi-tec boots).

I think given all that, I'd simply sneak in through the already broken window and unlatch that stupid wooden stopper on the cellar door.

Given my love of scifi and time travel etc, it would be apparent before leaving on my trip that I couldn't change the event itself, and any attempt to intervene would probably in the future be seen as evidence of an Intruder (I'd probably also coincidentally be wearing hi-tec boots).

I think given all that, I'd simply sneak in through the already broken window and unlatch that stupid wooden stopper on the cellar door.

:doorhide::giggle:

And they did all of this in a dark house? The street is very dark with low level street lights. A lit house would have been noticed. The police took videotapes, etc. including their computer. They didn't watch ransom/extorition movies...they didn't do any googling on how to write a ransom note. They didn't have the criminal minds or knowledge of the contents of the note to write it. Burke was in the house. A nine-year old kid is not going to be quiet about chaos going on in the house---and he was interviewed shortly after the murder, and was taken out of the house right after the police arrived. It's not logical that the Ramseys could have done all this coverup in a matter of hours, let alone do the overkill and sexual assault.

Wasn't there a neighbour who said they saw lights on in the house and people moving about? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. Also, a family member was allowed to remove items afterwards. Tapes/evidence/etc?

Well after I help shove Dave through the window, Id use JR's Israeli sweater to wipe up the crap Dave beat out of him....

Seriously, I think I would see a living nightmare; the last moments of a child's life.

Since some of you are going anyway, would one of you snatch those size 12's before the R's hide them away? Thanks!
Seriously, even though we could prove what really happened that night, this is one invention I hope never happens. As wl said, we couldn't change what happened and I have this really bad feeling that it would be forcing JonBenet to re-live the horror.

Since some of you are going anyway, would one of you snatch those size 12's before the R's hide them away? Thanks!
Seriously, even though we could prove what really happened that night, this is one invention I hope never happens. As wl said, we couldn't change what happened and I have this really bad feeling that it would be forcing JonBenet to re-live the horror.

:floorlaugh: You bet Beck!

Originally Posted by horatio
Question: If you had a time machine, went back to the night of Dec 25th and could peek in the window -- what do you expect to see happening? What's the most likely scenario?

someone molesting JB,an accident happened during the game,she needed to be silenced/finished off in a moment of panic,the other parent was asked for help,maybe was even lied to,cover- up

This is a question that I can't really make an educated guess at. So many things contradict each other in this case that no one scenario really works. One thing I know I wouldn't see is a stranger or strangers killing Jonbenet and writing a ransom note.

Because of the horrible (but unmarked from the outside) skull wound, in conjunction with the garotte imbedded into her neck, any logical theory is hard to come up with, at least for me. The best I can do is some kind of half- accident/half-anger situation involving Burke.

I can envision Burke and Jonbenet having some sort of argument, with perhaps a struggle over something (maybe a video game), not realizing how close they are to the stairs. Would there be some way for Jonbenet to somehow fall through or over a railing, in such a way that she landed directly upon her head? That might explain the skull fracture (although one would think it would leave a visible mark). That is really the only kind of way that I can easily imagine John and Patsy deciding to cover up what happened. They would be able (probably logically) to tell themselves that Burke didn't mean to do it, but might very well be blamed and taken away from them.

Now, as for why they went to such lengths in the staging in terms of sexual abuse and the garotte is beyond my powers of comprehension. I just can't imagine a parent doing that. But...imho the ransom note proves no intruder, so they must have done something like this. Anyhow, that's my speculation, as worthless as it is.

While SD is beating up JR I am slipping in and removing JB from the home. We are going to Tricia's. Ok so SD faces charges of assault but I'll take the bigger rap of kidnapping and Tricia can be the hero and rescue JB from an obviously upset kidnapper. This way she is at least alive.

If I were to look through the window...it would have to be the second floor window in JonBenet's room. Want to see what pajamas Patsy was changing JonBenet into.

Would likely see a struggle between Patsy and JonBenet resulting in Patsy striking JonBenet over the head. I see JonBenet on the flooor "zonked out". I see Patsy running in circles with her hands around her neck, wailing.

I then see Patsy carrying JonBenet down the spiral stairs, and JonBenet's hair catching some of the garland that is hung around the spiral stairs.

I see Patsy laying JonBenet on the floor of the boiler room, deciding what she needs to do next. She then fashions a garrote...

Wasn't there a neighbour who said they saw lights on in the house and people moving about? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. Also, a family member was allowed to remove items afterwards. Tapes/evidence/etc?

There were several reports from neighbors of various things that night.
You are correct that a neighbor reported "strange, moving lights" (i.e someone walking with a flashlight) in the R kitchen around midnight. The flashlight was found on a counter in a dining area off the kitchen.

A neighbor reported that the Rs sunroom light was ALWAYS on all night every night. But THAT night it was off and the neighbor thought it odd. (Lights turned off so no one who might look in could see WHO was walking with that flashlight?)

Another neighbor reported hearing a horrible child's scream around midnight. She woke her husband, who heard "metal scraping concrete". There were metal paint cans on the concrete floor of the wineceller. Later, not wanting to "get involved", she said maybe it was "negative energy" emanating from JB" instead of a scream. (did the defense lawyers get to her?) Then, she MOVED AWAY, wanting to get away from Boulder and the neighborhood. Later, she again said that it was most definitely a scream.
Police conducted tests from the area outside the wineceller in the R basement. There were vent pipes there to the outside, and lets not forget the broken window. They stood in front of the house of the neighbor who heard the scream and found that a scream COULD, in fact, be heard there, as well as being heard upstairs in the Rs third-floor bedroom.
One of the reasons the neighbor said she did not call police after hearing the scream is because it was so loud (waking her up- she said she slept with her bedroom window open) that she felt the parents of the screaming child must have heard it, and she did not wish to get involved.

Another neighbor, the late Joe Barnhill, reported seeing JR's older son JAR walking into the house earlier that day. He was an elderly man, and friend of the Rs. He and his wife were watching the Rs bichon dog, Jacques, while the Rs were going to be out of town. He used to keep the dog often.
After what was probably "pressure", Barnill said that he "wasn't sure" if it was JAR. As the Rs had no other son that age, and as JAR's friends wouldn't be likely to come there without JAR being there, I don't see who else it could have been.

DeeDee,

If you keep it up, you just might convince me JAR was there that night. LOL.. The only thing I'm sure of is an R did this. Whether on purpose or an accident, an R did this and with that knowledge comes a million and one theories.... Good googlie goo!

And they did all of this in a dark house?

But we're supposed to believe an intruder did, right?

They didn't watch ransom/extorition movies...they didn't do any googling on how to write a ransom note. They didn't have the criminal minds or knowledge of the contents of the note to write it.

Yeah, and it shows! It was amateur night. Experience LE agents could and DID notice it.

It's not logical that the Ramseys could have done all this coverup in a matter of hours, let alone do the overkill and sexual assault.

Works just fine for me. Isn't that odd?

Orig. by Maikai:
And they did all of this in a dark house?

Ha. Brilliant reply.
Especially when we consider how vast and maze-like the house is and that it's easy to get lost in there if unfamiliar. Lights would most certainly have to be turned on and multitudes of places searched in hopes of finding and gathering all required and used materials. Then, considering moving quietly about with flashlight only and purposely turning other lights off that are normally on. Yet Ramseys reported nothing looked unfamiliar or out of place at first, till questioned specifically about their own property that suddenly seemed 'dramatically' out of place and unfamiliar: one's own kitchen dishes with family prints on it, a box of kleenex, etc.

Orig. by Maikai:
They didn't watch ransom/extortion movies...

Well, first, you weren't there; you don't know exactly which movies they did/did not watch in their lives, and you must also take what they say with a grain of salt...in fact, they had a home theater. There were movie posters in the house; there were kids who liked to watch movies, someone who liked mystery/spy/action/sci fi type movies, someone who had a terminal illness and could spend a lot of time laid up watching tv and reading, and spent a better part of life studying drama/acting for stage, etc. And the RN is movie-themed with several lines in it from kidnapping/action movies...
However, this is also what makes it amateur night as stated below....like a couple actors taking memorized lines from movies that have dramatic kidnapping and ransom notes...study the character, learn the lines, act the part...must be how to write the note, correct?

Yeah, and it shows! It was amateur night. Experience LE agents could and DID notice it.

Orig. by Maikai:
It's not logical that the Ramseys could have done all this coverup in a matter of hours, let alone do the overkill and sexual assault

Well, I would state that SuperDave's response for the first comment is also applicable for this as well:

...Unless, of course, it's much more logical to believe an intruder is there in that house quiet and undetected doing 'all that coverup in a matter of hours, overkill and sexual assault', while the rest of the Ramseys are sleeping....?
I think that actually makes the case against an IDI, if you think about it.

When you stand there with open eyes and see it for what it is, it just kind of hits you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back