NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do they keep going back to Hemlock Cove? What am I missing?

It's the other side of Hemlock cove.. This is closer to JB's old house. They claim they already searched the area in Jan, but maybe they never searched the water. Who knows. There has to be ton of info that LE is not releasing.

Good point, NJ Guy!

Makes me think that he may have had other encounters where the girl did not follow instructions and he may have terminated the pickup. LE should really be questioning other girls to see if they've had similar encounters.

thats a good point. I might search backpage or a similar site and see if any cellphone numbers are listed as no shows more than once.

It's the other side of Hemlock cove.. This is closer to JB's old house. They claim they already searched the area in Jan, but maybe they never searched the water. Who knows. There has to be ton of info that LE is not releasing.

With the winter we had in the northeast, I doubt they were able to thoroughly search anything in January.

I agree about information they're not releasing. They've said as much, and many of the searches seem to have been based on very specific information.

Actually I think they're searching on the opposite side of the cove, closer to where SG was last seen.

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=279511&position=1&news_type=news

The following was snipped from the latest local news article:

Divers back out in the water near inlet, homes in Oak Beach

(04/20/11) OAK BEACH – Suffolk police divers are back in the waters off Ocean Parkway today looking for more possible victims in the beach bodies case.

Cops say divers are searching the waters on the opposite side of where they were searching last week.

The article also mentions that they already searched this area in Jan.

Thank you for the correction :) I completely misread, the picture in the article is from April 13 when they were searching Hemlock Cove.

Here is the quote about what they are searching today "Divers were in the water by 11:15 a.m., near docks and oceanfront homes a few hundred yards from where Gilbert, 24, of Jersey City, was last seen alive nearly a year ago."

The first bodies (the ones identified) were found north of Hemlock Cove, near Gilgo. The second set of bodies (still to be identified) were the bodies found just to the south of Hemlock Cove.

There were actually 3 sets of bodies. The second set was north of the original set and the third set was south of the original set. the map I'm looking at shows the original bodies right near Hemlock Cove. Unless of course the map is marked incorrectly.

Wait...Hemlock Cove is coming up on my map as directly in front of Thatch Island. This is nowhere near JB's address on The Fairway. It's off Ocean Parkway, close to where the unidentified remains were found near Jones Beach.

From Newsay.com, a very nice photo of the search at the docks, with houses in the background. Photo by James Carbone, says it's from today. Rest of article here: http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/search-for-clues-puts-divers-back-in-water-1.2828421

image.JPG

There were actually 3 sets of bodies. The second set was north of the original set and the third set was south of the original set. the map I'm looking at shows the original bodies right near Hemlock Cove. Unless of course the map is marked incorrectly.

Nope, you're right, I had my map backwards. Sorry, DC.

You would think a big reward posted so the girls who are in the business can see it would jog few memories.

No one has ever seen him with any of the girls, either when picking them up or at any time in the car.
Something just doesn't add up...how could no one see this guy's face or car, either in person or on camera.
Our brains are extremely well-designed for associating and dealing with patterns we encounter in every day life for a number of reasons. The least of which, if we were to attempt to try to consciously process every single thing that occurs around us, to include people we may encounter, throughout the day, we would no have time (or energy, for that matter) to do anything else. Moreover, by unconsciously categorizing our environment (ala patterns), people and/or events that deviate will draw our attention, possibly alerting us to danger. Otherwise put, killers simply do not "stand out in a crowd." Now, factor in these women's lifestyles, which, among other things, involved regular interaction with strangers, to include rather extensive travel? Otherwise put, it is not the least bit surprising there is no real information wrt witness accounts.

Carbuff, you have pointed out my mistakes about the dates. I didn't fact check because I didn't notice an obvious significance until now. I am satisfied that MB was last reported seen near her apt in the Tremont section of the Bronx on Sunday July 12 2009 and MG was last seen in Hauppauge Sunday June 6 2010.

Mountain Kat. You seem very well versed in the case so I suspect your information is accurate but I can't verify that the VM call on MB's phone was made on July 12th from Massapequa. If it was, this strikes me as a bit of a "bombshell".

I think it very unlikely that anyone by MB made that call and she did it when she did not perceive any danger. There might be some way someone with knowledge of that particular phone system to circumvent the VM password but I bet it would leave some sort of "trail". It is extremely unlikey that BM gave the perp the PW unless it was under threat. Yet access to the VM does not seem very important but if the perp did manage to obtain the PW, why didn't he check the VM after he started making harassing calls? It might tell him if LE had been notified. I find the fact that the perp had her phone and was using to make these calls but did not access the VM as evidence that he didn't have the PW. This would mean BM made the last VM call. I think it’s a pretty good assumption that BM either made the call at the site of the "date" or en route. A check of Google Maps shows that from the Bronx, one would not likely drive through Massapequa to get anywhere except Massapequa area. There are no Parkways that go through that town.

While the Perp could have used a motel, motels have a serious disadvantage; you would have to transfer the body from the room to the car without being seen. SK is far more likely to use their own homes than a motel.

An argument against Massapequa is that the bodies were all on the North side of Ocean Pkwy so the perp would have to be coming from the east when the bodies were dropped. It has been mentioned in the coverage of the case that since the perp would want to get to the dump site ASAP, he probably lived closer to the Robert Moses Causeway than the Jones Beach Claus way. If he lived in Massapequa, the Jones Beach is closer so you would expect the bodies to be on the south side of the parkway. I cannot account for this except for the possibility that the perp considered the north side better; perhaps fewer people would be in the area.

I suspect the perp lived there in 2009 and probably still does. It in Nassau County, not Suffix, where the bodies were found (a common criminal tactic) but close to West Babylon and perhaps 15 minutes drive (at 1:30AM) from Hauppauge. It tends to be rather affluent and mostly single family homes. With a population of 22,000 it is still a pretty big "haystack".

Are they searching the left or right side of Hemlock Cove? I can't see any houses or docks looking at Google Earth.

Carbuff, you have pointed out my mistakes about the dates. I didn't fact check because I didn't notice an obvious significance until now. I am satisfied that MB was last reported seen near her apt in the Tremont section of the Bronx on Sunday July 12 2009 and MG was last seen in Hauppauge Sunday June 6 2010.

Mountain Kat. You seem very well versed in the case so I suspect your information is accurate but I can't verify that the VM call on MB's phone was made on July 12th from Massapequa. If it was, this strikes me as a bit of a "bombshell".

I think it very unlikely that anyone by MB made that call and she did it when she did not perceive any danger. There might be some way someone with of that particular phone system to circumvent the VM password but I bet it would leave some sort of "trail". It is extremely unlike that BM gave the perp the PW unless it was under threat. Yet access to the VM does not seem very important but if the perp did manage to obtain the PW, why didn't he check the VM after he started making harassing calls? It might tell him id LE had been notified. I find the fact that the perp had her phone and was using to make these calls but did not access the VM as evidence that he didn't have the PW. This would mean BM made the last VM call. I think it’s a pretty good assumption that BM either made the call at the site of the "date" or en route. A check of Google Maps shows that from the Bronx, one would not likely drive through Massapequa to get anywhere except Massapequa area. There are no Parkways that go through that town.

While the Perp could have used a motel, motels have a serious disadvantage; you would have to transfer the body from the room to the car without being seen. SK is far more likely to use their own homes than a motel.

An argument against Massapequa is that the bodies were all on the North side of Ocean Pkwy so the perp would have to be coming from the east when the bodies were dropped. It has been mentioned in the coverage of the case that since the perp would want to get to the dump site ASAP, he probably lived closer to the Robert Moses Causeway than the Jones Beach Claus way. If he lived in Massapequa, the Jones Beach is closer so you would expect the bodies to be on the south side of the parkway. I cannot account for this except for the possibility that the perp considered the north side better; perhaps fewer people would be in the area.

I suspect the perp lived there in 2009 and probably still does. It in Nassau County, not Suffix, where the bodies were found (a common criminal tactic) but close to West Babylon and perhaps 15 minutes drive (at 1:30AM) from Hauppauge. It tends to be rather affluent and mostly single family homes. With a population of 22,000 it is still a pretty big "haystack".

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011...lemy-missing-woman-made-call-from-massapequa/

Melissa Barthelemy was last seen in the Bronx on July 12, 2009. But a call made to her voicemail that day came from Massapequa,

Blog about the bizarre Long Island Serial Killer website. Creator says it is meant to be a reflection of the sensationalized media coverage

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/04/long_island_serial_killer_website_interview.php

Interesting. After all our chatter about the longislandserialkiller site, the "she" (who was going to go shopping, but decided to visit the area instead) is a "he." Hmm. All of her/his I'm elated and happy and so excited statements, quickly cleaned up. I believe "they" are trying to draw him out via the internet.

IMO, LE/FBI is hoping for a tech/computer/internet slip-up.

Interesting. After all our chatter about the longislandserialkiller site, the "she" (who was going to go shopping, but decided to visit the area instead) is a "he." Hmm. All of her/his I'm elated and happy and so excited statements, quickly cleaned up. I believe "they" are trying to draw him out via the internet.

IMO, LE/FBI is hoping for a tech/computer/internet slip-up.

LOL...you could tell from the jump that it was a "he" pretending to be a "she". Women don't talk like men THINK we do.

:floorlaugh:

Hi all,

If LE does have a suspect, I agree that they need to find SG before they can arrest him.
(Credit to another poster - can't find it, sorry)

Also, I too believe he has other dump sites. I think Manorville is connected.

(This is from the NY Times)

IN BRIEF; A Manorville Body Is Identified
By Julia C. Mead
Published: February 08, 2004Sign In to E-Mail

Print

Suffolk County homicide detectives have identified one of four bodies dumped in the woods around Manorville over the past three years. The identified woman, Jessica Taylor, 20, was a prostitute, the police said, who was last seen working in Midtown Manhattan last July.

Ms. Taylor's nude body, with her head and hands severed, was discovered July 26 by a woman walking her dog near Halsey Manor Road and the Long Island Expressway. It was the third to be found along an 11-mile stretch of woods since November 2000. The first was a female chopped into pieces and stuffed into trash bags, her head, hands and right foot missing. The two others were intact males.

Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick, the head of the homicide squad, said neither Ms. Taylor's identity nor evidence recovered with her remains suggest any link to the other bodies. ''We just don't have any information to make that decision one way or the other,'' he said.

A partial tattoo, DNA testing and Ms. Taylor's arrest record -- she had been charged with prostitution in Washington, Atlantic City and New York -- helped identity her, he said.
(snip)

ABC news has been reporting that at least some of the Ocean Pkwy victims were dismembered. And garbage bags were mentioned in both. Maybe he switched to Burlap because it's stronger and would blend in. JMO!

Hi all,

If LE does have a suspect, I agree that they need to find SG before they can arrest him.
(Credit to another poster - can't find it, sorry)

Also, I too believe he has other dump sites. I think Manorville is connected.

(This is from the NY Times)

IN BRIEF; A Manorville Body Is Identified
By Julia C. Mead
Published: February 08, 2004Sign In to E-Mail

Print

Suffolk County homicide detectives have identified one of four bodies dumped in the woods around Manorville over the past three years. The identified woman, Jessica Taylor, 20, was a prostitute, the police said, who was last seen working in Midtown Manhattan last July.

Ms. Taylor's nude body, with her head and hands severed, was discovered July 26 by a woman walking her dog near Halsey Manor Road and the Long Island Expressway. It was the third to be found along an 11-mile stretch of woods since November 2000. The first was a female chopped into pieces and stuffed into trash bags, her head, hands and right foot missing. The two others were intact males.

Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick, the head of the homicide squad, said neither Ms. Taylor's identity nor evidence recovered with her remains suggest any link to the other bodies. ''We just don't have any information to make that decision one way or the other,'' he said.

A partial tattoo, DNA testing and Ms. Taylor's arrest record -- she had been charged with prostitution in Washington, Atlantic City and New York -- helped identity her, he said.
(snip)

ABC news has been reporting that at least some of the Ocean Pkwy victims were dismembered. And garbage bags were mentioned in both. Maybe he switched to Burlap because it's stronger and would blend in. JMO!

BBM

Well, there are those reports of a head found in a trash bag at one of the LI dumpsites. Wouldn't shock me to find out the head turns out to be a match for Taylor.

Same serial killer? I don't know. Perplexing, for sure.

Are they searching the left or right side of Hemlock Cove? I can't see any houses or docks looking at Google Earth.

They're not at Hemlock Cove today. They're searching Oak Beach. the other picture said Hemlock Cove but that was taken last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave