NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Massapequa is across the bay from where the bodies were found, the Tobay Beach zone is "Massapequa" in theory.

1. The cell tower at Tobay comes up as "Massapequa NY" on caller ID

2. Tobay is considered Massapequa's beach, but is on the same island, about 2 miles West of where the first 4 were found.

I just wanted to re-direct the convo a bit for those who don't live around here. Although the call was traced back to a Massapequa location, it doesn't mean that it came from the "mainland" LI- he could have been right there on the Ocean Parkway/Oak Beach area.

Great sleuthing so far!

Great post, NJ. Spot on, imo.

Except...I don't believe the SK checked MB's voicemail. I think she did. The reason I think this is because, no matter if she was a regular or not, I doubt she would have given him her vm code. Why would she? Now, if he's super tech savvy, perhaps he was able to retrieve it from her phone...I don't know.

I also don't think our SK lives in Massapequa, but I do think there's a no tell motel there that he frequents.

Being into patterns, I took the time to look up the days of the week certain dates fell on.

ALC, SG and MW were last seen in LI.
ALC: West Babylon, NY Sept. 20, 2010 (Thurs.)
MW: Hauppauge, NY June 6, 2010 (Sun.)
SG: May 1, 2010 (Sat.)

MB and MBB were last seen in NYC.
MBB: NYPA Bus Terminal July 9, 2007 (Monday)
MB: Tremont section of Bronx July 12, 2009 (Sunday)

Reported date of calls to MB's sister (these may not be correct, so grain of salt):
July 16, 2009 (Thurs.)
July 19, 2009 (Sun.)
July 20, 2009 (Mon.)
Aug. 26, 2009 (Weds.) Reported as being the last call.
I have no way to confirm which dates can be connected to which locations in NYC. It's an unknown, but we do know calls were made from Times Square, NYPA and Penn Station.

VM check from Massapequa: July 12, 2009 (Sunday)

I'm not seeing any pattern that stands out to me. Still looking. BUT, the vm check from MB's phone came from Massapequa on the Sunday she went missing. So, either MB accompanied our SK to Massapequa, or the SK killed her in NYC, carried her body and her phone back to LI, and checked her vm from Massapequa. He wasn't checking her voice mail to see if anyone had missed her, though. She hadn't been missing for more than a few hours. The cellphone then travelled back to NYC on 4 other reported dates (Thursday, Sunday, Monday and Weds.).

One thing we need to bear in mind, I think, is that just because someone is reported as last being SEEN on a certain date, doesn't mean that they died on that particular date. They could, in some instance, have been killed on the day following the last day they were seen. Especially true in this case, because these women worked late night into early morning hours. If x were reported last seen on Sunday at 11:00 pm, she might actually have been killed on a Monday. See what I mean?

Anyway...just some random thoughts to bounce around.

Maybe he checked her voice mail to delete his messages he sent to her.....

Are there any abandoned houses or buildings within a few miles of the dump sites? This could be the "dismembering" area (the possible torture), and may have no way to tie back to the SK unless it was family or friend property. Are there any homes that are not occupied for a great length of time that would still have running water turned on?

I know that sometimes abandoned industrial properties (occasionally homes) will still have running electricity and water! Shocking I know, but I guess the companies fail to turn the services off after having been canceled. I once worked at a restaurant years ago that would hire the homeless for dishwashing, general labor, they told me about the water and electricity. Oddly enough a guy that lived in an apartment building once told me had been homeless once and found a place with the same.

That's just how it came to me.

That's what I was wondering like "Is she psychic?" I didn't think either you or GHJ were being anti-semetic. My apologies how I pharased it.

BTW, interesting as Joel Rifkin and David Berkowitz were adopted. Joseph Kallinger was Jewish, but adopted by German Catholic parents.

I think he's a catholic, drinks Makers Mark, and works as a botanist. Also, I'm seeing suspenders and a bow tie. ;)

Finally, something I can use! Thanks, Mrs. G. :)

Not sure I'm completely understanding how this works, though, so let me pick your brain alittle. You're saying that, if someone called the sister from a house in Oak Beach, the cell phone might track as coming from Massapequa, right? Are you sure about that? I don't doubt your info about the geography, you'd certainly know being a local, but are you sure a tracked cellphone call from Oak Beach would show as a Massapequa call? It wouldn't show as an Oak Beach or Babylon call?

Sure it could come up as Babylon or even depending on where you're standing, Copiague or even Bay Shore. It depends on your carrier and signal strength. If you have Verizon, it will hook up to the Tobay/Massapequa pole. If you have a tracfone, it willl just pick up the strongest signal around. Land lines have either a name or "private caller" or just a number...

Never Oak Beach- they don't have a cell tower, nor do they have a zip code. They're town of Babylon, and most cell calls in Oak, Gilgo, and Tobay automatically hook up to that Pole in Tobay.

Sure it could come up as Babylon or even depending on where you're standing, Copiague or even Bay Shore. It depends on your carrier and signal strength. If you have Verizon, it will hook up to the Tobay/Massapequa pole. If you have a tracfone, it willl just pick up the strongest signal around. Land lines have either a name or "private caller" or just a number...

Never Oak Beach- they don't have a cell tower, nor do they have a zip code. They're town of Babylon, and most cell calls in Oak, Gilgo, and Tobay automatically hook up to that Pole in Tobay.

Very useful bit of info to keep in mind. Thanks again, Mrs. G. :)

I keep going back to the physical layout of LI. When you look at the map and see how close Manorville is, I do think those have more of a connection that AC. All the activity, phone calls, victims found, are south of the LIE. Our sk, IMO, was raised on the south shore.

OT but could possibly be connected. I just googled manorville murder, man do those people have some stuff going on for a while, but I found this and I thought WTH!

"Eighteen decapitated chickens were found on a Manorville side street on Friday night, Suffolk County SPCA said."

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/04/16/spca-18-decapitated-chickens-found-in-manorville/

Now I googled manorville body found.

"Ms. Taylor's nude body, with her head and hands severed, was discovered July 26 by a woman walking her dog near Halsey Manor Road and the Long Island Expressway. It was the third to be found along an 11-mile stretch of woods since November 2000. The first was a female chopped into pieces and stuffed into trash bags, her head, hands and right foot missing. The two others were intact males."

"A partial tattoo, DNA testing and Ms. Taylor's arrest record -- she had been charged with prostitution in Washington, Atlantic City and New York -- helped identity her, he said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/08/nyregion/in-brief-a-manorville-body-is-identified.html

Sorry if these have already been posted. Didn't see them yet. ETA: Good grief there are more. Just google those two topics.

From 2003:

"But the rumor mill has been churning hard over the past month, since hunters found the fourth body to turn up in the area in three years. Worried residents now ban their children from the woods and groan that Manorville is developing an unsavory reputation."

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/14/nyregion/4-bodies-leave-hamlet-on-edge.html

The News this morning reported on the missing girl Holy Bobo. It sounds like a Nightmare for the Girl and her Family. At the end of the story the reporter mentioned a $80,000 reward, Considering the the way this Long Island SK has been operating He's had to come across other Girls on CL or other Web Sites. It is a very secretive Business by it's Nature, I still feel money would help get more information out.

OT but could possibly be connected. I just googled manorville murder, man do those people have some stuff going on for a while, but I found this and I thought WTH!

"Eighteen decapitated chickens were found on a Manorville side street on Friday night, Suffolk County SPCA said."

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/04/16/spca-18-decapitated-chickens-found-in-manorville/

Now I googled manorville body found. 2004 woman with a tattoo found.

"Ms. Taylor's nude body, with her head and hands severed, was discovered July 26 by a woman walking her dog near Halsey Manor Road and the Long Island Expressway. It was the third to be found along an 11-mile stretch of woods since November 2000. The first was a female chopped into pieces and stuffed into trash bags, her head, hands and right foot missing. The two others were intact males."

"A partial tattoo, DNA testing and Ms. Taylor's arrest record -- she had been charged with prostitution in Washington, Atlantic City and New York -- helped identity her, he said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/08/nyregion/in-brief-a-manorville-body-is-identified.html

I saw this a few days ago, but didn't post it because I don't want us to get too sidetracked with all this Manorville stuff. But, we don't really have any new information to work off of in the LI case, so what the heck. ;)

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regional/item_8tdTSYY1ZsMyC91641AmHM

Has there been any information or a tentative press release from LE? I read they didn't plan on coming back to the area searched yesterday after they found nothing significant, I'll post the link when I find it. Also, I'm sure it will take time to identify the latest set of bodies, but we have heard nothing from LE since last week really.

Just wondering if anyone has read/heard about any new info possibly distributed from LE...case seems to be at a standstill at this point, while LE gathers as much as they can

I am really only a reader here, and am often astonished by the insight and thoughtfulness you bring to this case. Thank you.

I do have to say that I was shocked to read an unsupported assertion that the sk is Jewish. Particularly on April 20.

If there is some study or documentation showing that awkward or troubled children from Jewish families are more likely than those from non-Jewish families to become violent or murderous adults, I would love to hear about it.

If there is some study or documentation showing that such children from Jewish families are then given more freedom than such children from non-Jewish families and that this contributes to greater adult violence, again, I would love to hear about it.

Assertions based on "Just my experience" for someone with a bias, can result in biased conclusions. A guess based on demographics is legit. The rest is ridiculous and yes, I would love you to remove your posts.

I know it is a sidetrack, but 4 bodies found in '03. More years, more bodies. I will not keep posting them, just keep clicking the pages, but it seems very similar.

I wasn't playing topic cop, Merc. I actually find the Manorville cases quite interesting, and am anxious to see if the head in the bag found off Ocean Parkway might link back to Taylor. I've just held back from posting alot of Manorville info until (or if) we can establish a link to the Ocean Parkway Murders. But that's just me. I lose my focus easily if I jump off on too many sidetracks. :)

I wasn't playing topic cop, Merc. I actually find the Manorville cases quite interesting, and am anxious to see if the head in the bag found off Ocean Parkway might link back to Taylor. I've just held back from posting alot of Manorville info until (or if) we can establish a link to the Ocean Parkway Murders. But that's just me. I lose my focus easily if I jump off on too many sidetracks. :)

Oh I didn't think you were Mountain Kat. :) I just find all those bodies throughout the years to be interesting to say the least. (And the public was told then that it was not a SK. There are more years going further back with bodies too, but I thought the coincidences were a bit too tight.) Wonder if the new team of investigators will even be looking into any of those.

I tend to like distractions, my crazy mind runs around all over the place all of the time. I wish I could be more like others and not look at sidetracks. Me = :crazy::crazy:

New site for SG.

"The site, FindShannanGilbert.com, is sponsored by attorney Robin Sax who specializes in criminal law, the right of victims, Constitutional rights and family law.

Visitors to the site can submit anonymous tips, read about Gilbert and peruse facts about her case and scour an interactive Google map regarding police searches, items found and Shannan’s last known whereabouts."

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...-possible-victim-of-long-island-serial-killer

Another interesting thing about Jessica Taylor, the only body identified in the Manorville case...she disappeared from the New York Port Authority Bus Terminal, just like Maureen Brainard-Barnes. :eek:

New site for SG.

"The site, FindShannanGilbert.com, is sponsored by attorney Robin Sax who specializes in criminal law, the right of victims, Constitutional rights and family law.

Visitors to the site can submit anonymous tips, read about Gilbert and peruse facts about her case and scour an interactive Google map regarding police searches, items found and Shannan’s last known whereabouts."

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...-possible-victim-of-long-island-serial-killer

If you follow the link to the FindShannanGilbert site, and go to the interactive google map, you will see the name of SG's driver given. First time I've ever heard his name! Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken