NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
so there has been no new reporting on this case for the last few days...no suspect related reporting?

hmmmm.....is there a presser coming?

so there has been no new reporting on this case for the last few days...no suspect related reporting?

hmmmm.....is there a presser coming?

What do you mean? The local newspapers and news stations have been having daily stories about the search.

nevermind- I see you were asking a question

I had totally forgotten about that! :doh: Whew! I sure hope that's where the baby was.

So then, that puts us back to what might have happened to the pair that they wouldn't check out and take their clothes. We know why MW didn't return for her stuff, but why didn't he? He had to have come back to the room at some point, right? Otherwise, how would he even know she was missing? Maybe he did get arrested afterall and wasn't able to come back and retrieve their stuff.

Add this to another of those mysteries in this case that we'll probably never resolve.

I don't believe there were baby clothes, or Megan's daughter's clothes, left in the hotel room. I think if you reread the Daily Beast Article, The Serial Killer Sisterhood, you will see it is just poorly written journalism. The reporter was saying or trying to say the daughter's clothes (Megan) were left, said Megan's mother.

TamgMit,

Good find! Looks like they are starting to identify the remains found. We may get a news conference from SCPD soon.

I don't understand why they won't say where her remains were found:waitasec:

I don't think the UNSUB was ever treated with poison ivy. There are people out there that are immune to it. My husband use to get it a lot as a kid and now he never gets it. His sisters are like that too. It is a clue though to alert UNSUBS possible wife or girlfriend.

Either he works at night, or his wife/gf works late at night. IF this is the case, then I would bet he works in NYC. Security at the Port Authority is my guess, he probably has a second job as a driver.

This is so obvious of a lead that I'm sure that LE has checked into it right?

MOO

I heard MW and her bf's clothes were left in the hotel, and thought that was strange. This is the first I've heard of baby clothes being left. So, after MW didn't return, AC just bolted from the hotel room without bothering to take his belongings? Doesn't add up. Unless he was arrested the same night, then he'd have to leave his clothes, I guess. But why on earth would there be baby clothes with them. If they took the baby with them (ewww!), who had the baby that night. Not Megan. If AC had the baby, then he obviously didn't get arrested. Unless he did and the baby ended up with social services, which may be the case, we don't know.

Oy.

Good ponderings MK. One possibility that I've considered is that he and the baby stayed the night with relatives because maybe MW was on an overnight call and he didn't expect her back til morning anyway. He may have been relying on the money Megan made that night to pay for the hotel bill. It could be as simple as he couldn't afford paying the bill when MW didn't return or as expected. This is the only theory that makes sense to me.

My opinion only.

wm

Thank you Tangmit. Here are a few other links that I found on Elena's thread.

This one states she was supposed to be taking a bus to Boston and was never seen again. She sure is around the same size as the LI victims.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/156638/314/Skeletal-remains-of-missing-Portland-woman-found

This one states her body was found in a romote area of Maine.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/2c51fd21fc524895ae3405c83320f92c/ME--Suspicious-Death/

RIP Elena.

wm

ETA here's the link with Elena's ht. and wt.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=141156&catid=2

I've been thinking about this. Both this girl and Megan Waterman are from Maine. Megan disappears in June. This girl disappears in July. Maybe the connection could be the "boy friend" or maybe Megan could have told the SK about this girl or she could have had information about the girl in her possession. Hmmm.

Good ponderings MK. One possibility that I've considered is that he and the baby stayed the night with relatives because maybe MW was on an overnight call and he didn't expect her back til morning anyway. He may have been relying on the money Megan made that night to pay for the hotel bill. It could be as simple as he couldn't afford paying the bill when MW didn't return or as expected. This is the only theory that makes sense to me.

My opinion only.

wm

I considered that possibility too, WM. But then I realized that no hotel would let you stay the night without paying in advance. But maybe I'm overlooking something obvious. :waitasec:

I'm not hitting on all cylinders this morning. My sleuthing today lead me all the way to Australia and it was 20 minutes before my brain caught up and screamed, "Kat! Australia? Really?!" Stupid cherry tattoo obsession. :banghead:

I heard MW and her bf's clothes were left in the hotel, and thought that was strange. This is the first I've heard of baby clothes being left. So, after MW didn't return, AC just bolted from the hotel room without bothering to take his belongings? Doesn't add up. Unless he was arrested the same night, then he'd have to leave his clothes, I guess. But why on earth would there be baby clothes with them. If they took the baby with them (ewww!), who had the baby that night. Not Megan. If AC had the baby, then he obviously didn't get arrested. Unless he did and the baby ended up with social services, which may be the case, we don't know.

Oy.

The baby is with Waterman's family: "The posters were put there by Waterman’s family, now caring for Waterman’s 3-year-old daughter, Liliana, and assuring her they are doing everything possible to bring her mommy home." http://www.longislandpress.com/2010...-on-long-island-some-matter-prostitutes-dont/ The article is from last October, well before the bodies were found, and includes some information about some other missing and murdered prostitutes.

This article also says, "And Waterman was alone when she left the hotel, according to surveillance footage reviewed by detectives. Cruz was not believed to be in the hotel when Megan disappeared, and Megan had checked in alone, according to police." The article also speculates that she could have met Cruz in the parking lot, out of range of cameras, but also details what a bad area the hotel is in.

I would like to repeat: please reread the Daily Beast article again, and you will see they never said there were baby clothes in the hotel room. They were talking about Megan's clothes. It was just very poorly written journalism. I think this is important to say before a lot of time is spent on false information.

I don't believe there were baby clothes, or Megan's daughter's clothes, left in the hotel room. I think if you reread the Daily Beast Article, The Serial Killer Sisterhood, you will see it is just poorly written journalism. The reporter was saying or trying to say the daughter's clothes (Megan) were left, said Megan's mother.

Thank you redbird, you are correct! I think I need to take a break:crazy:

I still wonder where MW's child was that night tho.

Nevertheless, I still think the clothes were left because AC couldn't pay for the room since Megan never returned. Especially if he stayed overnight at his relatives house. He may have thought she had been arrested so wouldn't risk returning. He is a pimp after all. MOO

Thanks again for clarifying!
wm

The link someone provided above says Megan's daughter was in the custody of her mother and had been for a long time. That article (or another one I don't have handy right now) said Lorraine Ela, Megan’s mother, said Megan called them about 9:05 that night to talk to her daughter and then left the hotel at 12:05, never to be seen again.

Thank you redbird, you are correct! I think I need to take a break:crazy:

I still wonder where MW's child was that night tho.

Nevertheless, I still think the clothes were left because AC couldn't pay for the room since Megan never returned. Especially if he stayed overnight at his relatives house. He may have thought she had been arrested so wouldn't risk returning. He is a pimp after all. MOO

Thanks again for clarifying!
wm

According to the Long Island press article (http://www.longislandpress.com/2010...-on-long-island-some-matter-prostitutes-dont/), the daughter was in Maine with Megan's family:

“She had traveled back and forth to New York for a year with this guy,” says her mother, Ela, who adds Waterman would religiously call three times a day to check on her daughter whenever she was away. “Her daughter is her life. She’d always come home, but on the last trip she never made it back.”

Waterman’s last call to her daughter came the evening of June 5 at approximately 9:50 p.m. The question police are still trying to figure out is: Where did she go just a few hours later?

The baby is with Waterman's family: "The posters were put there by Waterman’s family, now caring for Waterman’s 3-year-old daughter, Liliana, and assuring her they are doing everything possible to bring her mommy home." http://www.longislandpress.com/2010...-on-long-island-some-matter-prostitutes-dont/ The article is from last October, well before the bodies were found, and includes some information about some other missing and murdered prostitutes.

This article also says, "And Waterman was alone when she left the hotel, according to surveillance footage reviewed by detectives. Cruz was not believed to be in the hotel when Megan disappeared, and Megan had checked in alone, according to police." The article also speculates that she could have met Cruz in the parking lot, out of range of cameras, but also details what a bad area the hotel is in.

If there were baby clothes, I wonder if that was something she had brought with the money she earned on the trip. Something she planned to take home as a gift.

Yeah, I checked out the hotel about a week ago and ended up reading a few pages of customer reviews. NOT a great location to stumble onto unknowingly with the kids, or for a single woman travelling alone. One customer said alot of "misfits" were just hanging out in the parking lot when he drove in with his family for a wedding. *shudder* I immediately thought of Megan walking away into nowhere. :(

I considered that possibility too, WM. But then I realized that no hotel would let you stay the night without paying in advance. But maybe I'm overlooking something obvious. :waitasec:

I'm not hitting on all cylinders this morning. My sleuthing today lead me all the way to Australia and it was 20 minutes before my brain caught up and screamed, "Kat! Australia? Really?!" Stupid cherry tattoo obsession. :banghead:

LOL! :floorlaugh: I can relate. I am taking a break to look for my BIG glasses and make a pot of coffee after this post.

Wrt, the hotel bill, many hotels require a credit card up front but put it on a 'hold' if one specifies they plan to pay cash. That way if a customer walks out on the bill there is a cc account to bill the charges.

wm

LOL! :floorlaugh: I can relate. I am taking a break to look for my BIG glasses and make a pot of coffee after this post.

Wrt, the hotel bill, many hotels require a credit card up front but put it on a 'hold' if one specifies they plan to pay cash. That way if a customer walks out on the bill there is a cc account to bill the charges.

wm

You better go make that coffee right now, girl. If they held his credit card, he was gonna pay whether he picked up his clothes or not. :floorlaugh:

As for me, I think I'm gonna do some sleuthing in Germany for awhile. Where I will no doubt finally solve the case of the Cherry Tattoo.

Very touching, I am sure his "roommate" really "cared" for her.
i guess when you really "care" for a female friend it is normal to help her sell herself for drugs..
it would never cross my mind to get her clean.
What a guy.

btw, her "roomate" conveniently forgot to mention in the interview the reason why many of her clients had "threatened to kill her".. because the little scam he and her "BF' were running in that house.

If he "cared" so much for her, why didn't he keep track of whom and where she was going to?
he was the one taking the phone calls..
why didn't he make sure she took her phone with her?
Obviously this was more interested in scamming people and making money off than anything else.

I never said the guy's a saint. Water seeks its own level, and he's probably as troubled as she was. To the best of his limited ability, it seems he cared about her and tried to protect her.

The alleged scam hasn't been proven. In terms of credibility, johns and "hobbyists" are close to the bottom of my list. Any dangers they may encounter while exploiting women are not my priority.

"He is most likely a white male in his mid-20s to mid-40s. He is married or has a girlfriend. He is well educated and well spoken. He is financially secure, has a job and owns an expensive car or truck. He may have sought treatment at a hospital for poison ivy infection. As part of his job or interests, he has access to, or a stockpile of, burlap sacks."

“He has to be persuasive enough and rational enough that he is able to convince these women to meet him on these terms. He has demonstrated social skills. He may even be charming.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/04/personality_profile_of_long_is.html

Thanks for posting this. Sounds like what we've all been saying all along!

Just tossing this in.

I think it is safe to think that any hotel rooms are paid for in cash, before getting a key. Not even sure if these young people would use their real names for check in, but would think they would pay cash, and may not even have credit cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member