NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I considered that possibility too, WM. But then I realized that no hotel would let you stay the night without paying in advance. But maybe I'm overlooking something obvious. :waitasec:

I'm not hitting on all cylinders this morning. My sleuthing today lead me all the way to Australia and it was 20 minutes before my brain caught up and screamed, "Kat! Australia? Really?!" Stupid cherry tattoo obsession. :banghead:

Heh. I can't say you're wrong about there being some significance to that, but it could just be that cherries are among the most popular tattoos for women. It's an odd coincidence, however.

Heh. I can't say you're wrong about there being some significance to that, but it could just be that cherries are among the most popular tattoos for women. It's an odd coincidence, however.

Oh believe me, I'm quite sure it means nothing. I have no earthly clue why I can't let go of such a trivial coincidence, but it's stuck there now like a scratched record. No way to fight it...I'm just gonna have to go to Germany and end this thing once and for all. ;)

OR, I could just log off the computer, go outside, and gain some perspective. Either one.

For what it's worth,

1) I never bought the story of the "john" on the website who claimed that ALC and the "guy with the bat" robbed him. Why would a "working girl" rob a guy of what he was otherwise going to pay her? If this was a "one time" scam by a couple who are not involved in prostitution, I know it happens. To do that at your own residence where the victim would know where to find you? would be dangerous and threaten her whole business. I tend to believe the "roommate", who was probably more of a "bodyguard" who provided her with protection from "problem" clients in exchange for a piece of the action. The two versions of the "baseball bat" story are close enough but I think the "roommate’s" is far more believable.

2) I do a lot of business traveling and Motels such as Holliday Inn Express always operate on a "pay up front; leave without formally checking out" basis. Key cards don't even have to be returned.

" Water seeks it's own level" so true, it's something you learn living life. Being humble goes a long way, How does it go? But for the grace of God there go I.

I don't understand why they won't say where her remains were found:waitasec:

Hi tfrohning,,

Maybe it's because they are still searching the area and don't want press all over them.

JMO, but I got a feeling they made have someone and he's talking...otherwise, how did they find the latest one in Maine???

Gosh, I sure hope so.

The article says her remains were found on Sunday in a remote area of Maine

Haha, I broke my own rule "Always read more posts before you reply".
That kinda shoots down my theory, as I don't believe they've had someone talking for that long. Who knows?!

I've never formed a firm opinion on the robbery scam story. I can see either version being true.

It is interesting to note, however, that a neighbor reported a naked man running from ALC's house screaming, "He's trying to kill me! Don't let him kill me!".

Was this a John who got rolled? No clue. Was it a John who got violent with one of the girls at the house and got his you know what kicked for it? No clue.

So like I said...I could go either way on this story. I'm content NOT to have a firm opinion because I honestly don't believe it relates to ALC's murder either way.

JMO

You better go make that coffee right now, girl. If they held his credit card, he was gonna pay whether he picked up his clothes or not. :floorlaugh:

As for me, I think I'm gonna do some sleuthing in Germany for awhile. Where I will no doubt finally solve the case of the Cherry Tattoo.

Germany? is there another SK on the loose here. I know they just caught one last week..... let me know.......

Germany? is there another SK on the loose here. I know they just caught one last week..... let me know.......

LOL...no. I'm just poking fun at myself for wandering WAY off course in my sleuthing this morning. ;)

This is for the ones who are looking at the "cherries". Pardon the terminology.

"Cherry" is often the slang term used for a girl's hymen. So in this context it might be an attempt to present themselves as young, fresh, innocent. It is also sometimes used (usually with cars and other motors) to denote something above the norm and/or original, such as a "cherry" car.

Used with the sex trade I would think it might be attempt to present themselves as being or having young fresh talent.

I never said the guy's a saint. Water seeks its own level, and he's probably as troubled as she was. To the best of his limited ability, it seems he cared about her and tried to protect her.

The alleged scam hasn't been proven. In terms of credibility, johns and "hobbyists" are close to the bottom of my list. Any dangers they may encounter while exploiting women are not my priority.

unfortunately, men are not neatly divided between "saints" and "johns"
Most men I've known, including close relatives, friends, co-workers, university educated professionals working in NYC, etc have at one point or another done any one of the following:

1-been johns either in the USA or overseas,
2-visited strip joints and had sex with strippers.
3-visited massage parlors
3-had affairs and cheated on their wives or GFs.

If you think most men are "saints" you are sadly mistaken.
As MW herself said to her mother.. her clients included doctors, LE, lawyers, etc.

sometimes it amazes me how clueless women are when it comes to what really goes on in men's heads and what they are really like.
Going by your own reasoning, most of men must fall at the "bottom of your list" :)

Passing judgement on someone who visited a prostitute, stripper, massage parlor is passing judgement on most of the males out there.. including fathers, grandfathers, doctors, judges, politicians, etc

About the fruit tattoos. The movie, The Runaways, came out a while ago. Cherie Curry donned a cherry tattoo. It seems that sometimes movies/media can stir up a trend of sorts.

Picture of her tattoo back in the day: http://www.bradelterman.com/gallery_50.php

Is this the first time they've had a medical examiner on site?

The article says the teeth were found near a previously found skull. Are they implying that the teeth are part of the already found skull, or from a different skull?

I'm guessing from a different skull, or why a new article about it? Maybe the skull from before had all its teeth?

I doubt if they could tell yet, unless as you said the skull they found had all its teeth.

In the Newsday article, updated an hour ago says: The teeth were about a foot from the skull, close enough that they are probably related, said Nassau Police Det. Lt. Kevin Smith.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/police-teeth-found-near-skull-s-location-1.2832645

Helpful enough for my first post, I hope. Although they are just speculating right now.

I live about 20 or so minutes east of where all this is going on. It's a crazy situation to think all of this is going on in your own backyard. (not literally of course but still) :seeya:

In the Newsday article, updated an hour ago says: The teeth were about a foot from the skull, close enough that they are probably related, said Nassau Police Det. Lt. Kevin Smith.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/police-teeth-found-near-skull-s-location-1.2832645

Helpful enough for my first post, I hope. Although they are just speculating right now.

I live about 20 or so minutes east of where all this is going on. It's a crazy situation to think all of this is going on in your own backyard. (not literally of course but still) :seeya:

I was starting to wonder if you were ever going to post. ;)

:welcome: to Websleuths, CakeEater!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member