NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dormer confuses me. If the call from someone claiming to be the Dr. was debunked, then why does he go on to say investigators are going to follow up on that with the Gilbert Family? It's either debunked or it isn't. LE wastes their time following up on debunked information? Alrighty then.

From watching LE in the media over the years I can tell you this. They are extremely reluctant to name a suspect. Even to the point of saying that someone is not a suspect sometimes. They are also sometimes reluctant to name a person of interest. They have reason for that.

If they name someone, that someone will usually clam up, often they will get an attorney. And the media then shows a lot of interest in the person, which complicates things.

Technically he didn't lie. Apparently he is showing up for interviews. He is probably talking with them. And so far they haven't found any proof or enough proof to show that he is involved. What he doesn't say is what they think.

Wouldn't LE be able to determine if that call was made or not? Incoming/Outgoing can be tracked...am I right in thinking this?

JMO, but LE SHOULD have been able to rule out/rule in that call as soon as it was reported...why was he interviewed 3 times?

Have we heard ANYTHING re: the report that he was taken into custody? (the report was actually a blog entry, by people that had known his father and thought it was sad that he had been arrested....and posted yesterday and the day before...) search Topix

Maybe he left to go look for her and it was checkout time before he could get back.

Hi dcgrumpy,

I'm not one to usually ask for links, but do you have one? I haven't found much about that and Ill search if I have to! Tx!
The commissioner says "it was pretty much debunked" in this video @ approx the 1.20 mark ( link )

The commissioner says "it was pretty much debunked" in this video @ approx the 1.20 mark ( link )
Thanks Shadowraiths for that. IMO that 'pretty much' leaves a lot of room, in other words it wasn't 'debunked' definitively.

One thing tho, this doctor does not fall into the age group of the new profile just put out in the media. I think he is 55 and not 20 to 40.

Is that a big thing that could rule him out as the SK? Ta

I know that it's been posted before by another user and even elsewhere on line but Bing maps shows a white vehicle pulled off the road in the same area where the 4 prostitute victims were located.

However, I used another mapserver and found a satellite image of what appears to be the same white vehicle parked a little further west of the first screen capture...and from the foliage it also appears to be an image from a different month/possibly season. I did send both to Suffolk County Law enforcement (even tho' they've probably rec'd them from others.)

I have both screen captures here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/Politigal/LongIslandSerialKiller?authkey=Gv1sRgCPe1iOT-xuVU#

they look like the trucks that do work in the area, like the park/dec guys here or the help trucks we have that cruise the expressway. good spotting!

I think they are going to be finding a lot more human remains as a result of the FBI Blackhawk helicopter flyover. I think that helicopter was using technology that can differentiate human remains from the surrounding terrain. There are going to be a lot of hot spots on that film!!! (Actually it's all digital, no film). Any body or body part that was ever dumped there from the 1930's until today will be identified by that special camera.

But I don't think that much of what they will find will be linked to the current investigation.

I think the FBI told LE to go back to the skull area today based on the camera images. And this allowed them to find the teeth. It's amazing that the teeth weren't found the other day when the skull was found. But this new camera is fool-proof and will provide a wealth of additional information.

But it may be too much information. Kind of like a Google search of human remains. It's going to be hard to weed out the pertinent remains from other remains. It should be interesting. We'll see!

they look like the trucks that do work in the area, like the park/dec guys here or the help trucks we have that cruise the expressway. good spotting!

That's what I was thinking too. Looks like a park and rec or utility company type vehicle.

Something like this
1zv3a5h.jpg

From watching LE in the media over the years I can tell you this. They are extremely reluctant to name a suspect. Even to the point of saying that someone is not a suspect sometimes. They are also sometimes reluctant to name a person of interest. They have reason for that.

If they name someone, that someone will usually clam up, often they will get an attorney. And the media then shows a lot of interest in the person, which complicates things.

Technically he didn't lie. Apparently he is showing up for interviews. He is probably talking with them. And so far they haven't found any proof or enough proof to show that he is involved. What he doesn't say is what they think.

excellent post.
Accusing the wrong suspect can be very expensive for LE, DA offices, etc, as anyone wrongly accused can sue the accusers and the media back for defamation, etc etc..

Take Steven Hatfill for example:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Hatfill

Dr. Hatfill later sued the government for ruining his reputation, a case which the government settled for US$5.8 million

here's a video from today's search where they were sifting thru the dirt and found the teeth

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/120445934.html

That was really very interesting. It certainly looked like they had a defined area they were going over with a fine tooth comb, so to speak. Thanks MrsPC, and Welcome to WS's!!!!! The two vehicles you found a picture of are also great. We had discussed that vehicle before, but maybe it is time to sleuth it a bit further. It is definitely parked in an area that would make it plausible to dump one of the bodies, that that would mean the SK was doing it during the middle of the day! Yikes! I have yet to see a vehicle that looks exactly like that one.... it is definitely unusual, and I am glad you forwarded it to LE. I hope they pay attention to it.

Thanks Shadowraiths for that. IMO that 'pretty much' leaves a lot of room, in other words it wasn't 'debunked' definitively.

One thing tho, this doctor does not fall into the age group of the new profile just put out in the media. I think he is 55 and not 20 to 40.

Is that a big thing that could rule him out as the SK? Ta

Does mean squat to me.

Profiling is far from an exact science. They get certain things wrong quite often, in fact. It's really sort of hit and miss. But even if it was a precise tool, I'd still say it doesn't mean squat to me wrt the Doc.

JMO

Who is responsible for the sandbagging where you are, Silver? Parks guys?

Of course, but I was referring specifically to Dormer's use of the word "debunked". If a story is debunked, you don't need to follow up on it...it's been debunked for pete's sake...end of story. You've already checked it out, it's nothing, you move on. What the heck is there to "follow up on"?

Now if he had simply said, "The doctor is not a suspect, he's been very cooperative" and left it at that, I would have simply thought, okay...business as usual for a case where all the facts haven't been gathered. But "debunked", and "we're gonna follow up on that"...wth?! Complete contradiction.

ETA: Geez, tomorrow I really HAVE to learn how to do multiple quotes in just one post. Even I'm getting tired to seeing my post chains.

What was it that was debunked: that there ever was a call from someone claiming to be a doctor or that THE doctor in question made the call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77