TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, I've thought about that, and I've come to the conclusion that maybe LE doesn't want to clear anyone simply because of how tight the community is. For example, if they clear her brother, then people start asking about her bf, and if they don't clear him, then the suspicion of him gets even stronger. Works the other way too, if they clear the bf, but not the brother. And if both of them are cleared, then the perp may think they really are onto him, as an outsider to the family, whether they are or not, and if Holly is still alive, he may panic. At this point, it might be better to stick with, "Everyone's a suspect", because it makes it look like they know nothing. (And I hope that they actually know something.)

not_my_kids I think you are dead on with your assessment as for the "why won't LE clear brother"[or anyone for that matter].. NOthing needed to be added as I think you explained superbly as well..

I 100% agree with you[and for those who follow Hailey Dunn's case alot of the time I believe LE in CCITY Wishes that they too had chosen this tactic rather than the one that they did choose[i.e. naming Shawn Adkins their ONLY suspect and their ONLY POI]..jmo tho!

One thing I cannot get out of my head and it may just be LE blowing the details in their statements:

How can one observer, the only one to see all this report that he thought it was her boyfriend and that he didn't call 911 until after he saw the blood awhile later even after her being "led" to the woods AND
at the same time LE say "fear for her life"

Those two observations are entirely inconsistent unless they have a very good idea who the person was, and that she had the same idea and felt that he was a danger to her.

Only one person saw this go down. He didn't think it was a big deal at the time. Yet LE believes she feared for her life. Either they believe they and she knew/knows who it was or they haven't given us the whole deal on what the brother did actually see.

I think thats why so many searchers are giving up hope.....

Advocating violence is against our TOS.

Also we are Law Enforcement friendly. Theory that a rogue member of LE is involved in theory only, is one thing. Grouping all Law Enforcement as being other than caring, hard working and dedicated doesn't cut it here.

So unless something is in MSM to paint us a picture that LE is not right on top of this case and doing everything possible, is not going to fly. We have to remember that while we want answers, having them at the risk of harming this investigation is not a right we can, or should demand.

What is important is that Holly is found. :)
Thanks.........

One thing I have not seen mentioned at all... Did Holly work? She was 20. I would think that she would have had a job or two in the last 4-5 years. I know she is a student now, but a lot of kids work during their last years in HS, on summer vaction, etc.

True but you could hunt someone on the highway... IDK just seems a lot easier. Thats why a lot of criminals pose as cops. THey can get a victim to cooperate with even the flimsiest story. One little blinking blue xmas tree light on the dash and the woman pulls over and lets the guy cuff her up... Even if he has no real uniform, a fake badge, etc. Im not sure if I have heard of cops dressing up as turkey hunters to abduct someone. I think the person is the object of their focus. They want the person and will get that person. If there was an easier way or a harder way I would think they would do the easier way.

BBM wearing camo in this area is like wearing a tank top in Florida..

If it was a stalker, I'm sure they probably watched from afar and possibly hid in the woods to get the routine...sitting on the side of road would have drawn to much attention.....it seems they have been working in the background...i don't think it was a random abduction...it seems this perp choose the easiest way for them....so far it has worked because Holly is still missing.

JMO

Please keep in mind the no discussion, news only thread to follow what's taking place. Please add news links to it:

TN TN - Holly Bobo, 20 yrs old, Decatur County, 13 April 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Also:

I was thinking about the gal 40 miles away who reported an attempted abduction. Sure looks like the same MO and has me thinking about about things I find strange/different about HB case from others, namely the fast ramp up of getting FBI, TBI, involved, the Gov. increasing the reward... something seems up with all of that, plus how tight-lipped they are...

Getting back to the other gal... so much to be gleaned there... does she have a FB page, was the perp on her page, did she ever see or have contact with him.... but nothing said about any of this?

Don't know if this has been addressed but I saw this covered on HLN during the four o'clock hour. They showed a side-by-side picture of the two women and talked about the possibility of the attempted abduction being linked to Holly's. They interviewed the other woman, age 31, briefly. Physically they are the same type.

not_my_kids I think you are dead on with your assessment as for the "why won't LE clear brother"[or anyone for that matter].. NOthing needed to be added as I think you explained superbly as well..

I 100% agree with you[and for those who follow Hailey Dunn's case alot of the time I believe LE in CCITY Wishes that they too had chosen this tactic rather than the one that they did choose[i.e. naming Shawn Adkins their ONLY suspect and their ONLY POI]..jmo tho!

I understand what you are saying but i tend to think LE needs to start clearing the air here there is way tooo much doubt. If the brother and Bf took a poly which i would think they would be advised to do then LE could tell ppl hey
they proved truthfull on the poly and let ppl get off their case..but i do not think that will happen till the family and the bf take the test...

rule them out and move on to the real (as they say on criminal minds) UNSUB.

JMO

One thing I cannot get out of my head and it may just be LE blowing the details in their statements:

How can one observer, the only one to see all this report that he thought it was her boyfriend and that he didn't call 911 until after he saw the blood awhile later even after her being "led" to the woods AND
at the same time LE say "fear for her life"

Those two observations are entirely inconsistent unless they have a very good idea who the person was, and that she had the same idea and felt that he was a danger to her.

Only one person saw this go down. He didn't think it was a big deal at the time. Yet LE believes she feared for her life. Either they believe they and she knew/knows who it was or they haven't given us the whole deal on what the brother did actually see.

I think that they are saying that Holly was in "fear for her life" to explain why she walked willingly with the perp, speculating that the perp threatened that if she did not walk with him he would kill her.

But that's just my interpretation of it. Others here have speculated that it is possible that the perp could have threatened her family if she did not comply and I agree that that is a more likely scenario.

Either way, that statement that she was in fear for her life is not based on the look on Holly's face etc., but to explain why she would walk willingly with someone who was not her boyfriend.

BBM wearing camo in this area is like wearing a tank top in Florida..

If it was a stalker, I'm sure they probably watched from afar and possibly hid in the woods to get the routine...sitting on the side of road would have drawn to much attention.....it seems they have been working in the background...i don't think it was a random abduction...it seems this perp choose the easiest way for them....so far it has worked because Holly is still missing.

JMO

LOL hey here in florida we have camo tank tops LOL

The fox update was nothing new but they did say they hope to raise $35,000 dollars for Holly to do what ever she wants to with it when she gets home.

LOL hey here in florida we have camo tank tops LOL

Yeah I have three or four. One is grey and blue camo (for the arctic), one is green and tan camo for the woods, and one is pink camo for every day hiding. I have camo Keds sneakers too.

Do they have outdoor dogs? The only way someone could get me to follow or "lead" me into the woods: if they said my dog was hurt. I can see the perp going up to her and saying their dog was hurt (or a dog was hurt) in the woods and they both would go deeper into the woods looking for the dog. Or maybe he said he accidentally shot a dog.... I don't know. That is just what I feel may be a possible scenario - whether she knew him or not would not be relevant at that point. Her concentration would be focused on looking for an animal, not focused on the perp necessarily...

Yeah I have three or four. One is grey and blue camo (for the arctic), one is green and tan camo for the woods, and one is pink camo for every day hiding. I have camo Keds sneakers too.

I have a few myself LOL

Do they have outdoor dogs? The only way someone could get me to follow or "lead" me into the woods: if they said my dog was hurt. I can see the perp going up to her and saying their dog was hurt (or a dog was hurt) in the woods and they both would go deeper into the woods looking for the dog. Or maybe he said he accidentally shot a dog.... I don't know. That is just what I feel may be a possible scenario - whether she knew him or not would not be relevant at that point. Her concentration would be focused on looking for an animal, not focused on the perp necessarily...

The dog I have seen in a photo of Holly was some hairy Toto looking thing not really suitable for the yard and woods.

I think that they are saying that Holly was in "fear for her life" to explain why she walked willingly with the perp, speculating that the perp threatened that if she did not walk with him he would kill her.

But that's just my interpretation of it. Others here have speculated that it is possible that the perp could have threatened her family if she did not comply and I agree that that is a more likely scenario.

Either way, that statement that she was in fear for her life is not based on the look on Holly's face etc., but to explain why she would walk willingly with someone who was not her boyfriend.

Well "Fear for her LIfe" is a very descriptive statement and im not so sure it came from clint! JMO

I dont think they should have said these things if they were not there. We need to hear what the only person who saw her SAW . JMO

Well "Fear for her LIfe" is a very descriptive statement and im not so sure it came from clint! JMO

I dont think they should have said these things if they were not there. We need to hear what the only person who saw her SAW . JMO

If this statement came from LE, I'm pretty confident they got their information from the brother.
If this is what LE got from Holly's brother as to what he saw, it's good enough for me.
Clint has never given an interview to the press but IMO he has to LE, probably more than one.

Hope for Holly and prayers to all involved. I will be thinking of her tomorrow and maybe she will be home for Easter with her family. Sending love to all the searchers and LE too!

I understand what you are saying but i tend to think LE needs to start clearing the air here there is way tooo much doubt. If the brother and Bf took a poly which i would think they would be advised to do then LE could tell ppl hey
they proved truthfull on the poly and let ppl get off their case..but i do not think that will happen till the family and the bf take the test...

rule them out and move on to the real (as they say on criminal minds) UNSUB.

JMO

But that's the thing...we don't now that they haven't been privately cleared, just that it hasn't been publicly announced. LE has stated over and over again what they are looking for in terms of a community member. Anyone in the area that may have seen something but is too blinded by their suspicion of brother or bf to report it is likely going to be too blinded whether there is an LE statement or not. JMO. If it preserves the case integrity for the professionals, it doesn't matter how maddening it is for us. I cannot bring Holly home. LE can. I'm happy to let them do what they do.

If this statement came from LE, I'm pretty confident they got their information from the brother.
If this is what LE got from Holly's brother as to what he saw, it's good enough for me.
Clint has never given an interview to the press but IMO he has to LE, probably more than one.

My interpretation is that LE made this statement themselves to try to clarify any earlier statements. I would like to see a written transcript of the original statement put out by LE based on the first hand statements made by her brother. Im not casting doubt on him at all. I think at some point there was just some slop in the haste of getting things out to the news and later on things had to be clarified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member