April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the information that all 6 of them are the same is incorrect. I am attaching the best I could do with getting a screen capture from the WRAL video showing all of the dates. They are very hard to make out. I attached two files, the second one, I played around with the contrast a little to try to make it easier to read.

It appears to me that the time on the open hand file is 17:14:53 and on the open hand file is 17:15:11 (maybe, not sure about the seconds). But, the times are definitely different.

Feel free to try capturing from the video and refining it as much as you can.

It's the fact that all the timestamps on the open hand are the same as each other (Created, Access, Modified, etc). And all the timestamps on the closed hand are the same as each other (Created, Accessed, Modified, etc). It's not that the closedhand has the same timestamp as the openhand. I hope that clears it up!

Plus, one of my kids has always been pretty clingy with me. Even now at age 6, he prefers for me to drive him to school and when he was younger, maybe he would have even cried/fussed about it. Some kids really like routines so I don't think it's a huge deal that she was crying over who would take her to school. It doesn't mean she was afraid of her dad or anything like that.

Both of my girls (ages 3 and 6) want mommy to do everything. Baths, books, driving to and from school, putting to bed, etc. My husband is a fantastic dad but they are clingy to mommy and prefer mommy to do these things. That does not mean that my husband, their daddy, doesn't love them or that they don't love him

"After fracture, the occult compressive forces of hematoma formation and soft tissue swelling may compromise airway patency. It is our clinical observation that hypoxia develops rapidly and without warning, leading to cardiorespiratory collapse."

This is from Pub Med http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10484094

This explains to me the lack of defensive wounds on Nancy. IMO, she was attacked swiftly and by surprise in the foyer, with strong blunt force trauma to the hyoid bone. With prior knowledge of suicide by strangulation from internet search, brad had the know how and exacted a swift and fatal blow. She became unconscious quickly and had little to no time to react before becoming unconscious. Were the ducks and sticks ever found? JMO

Marine basic training changed my opinion. Your first thought when someone comes behind you and wraps their arm around your neck is panic. If it was dark, double panic. The first thing you do is raise your hands and try to turn to stop the attack. Granted you were expecting it to happen so you worked yourself up a bit, so I would not know how quickly 'fright or flight' would kick in.

JMHO

Altough I have a great marriage it is by all means not perfect. Unfortunately I have had arguments with my husband where voices were raised and things that should not have been said were - in front of the kids. I regret this immensely but it has happened and probably will happen in the future. My 2 girls always seem to take mommy's side (even if I am wrong at times). And if I ever shed tears in front of them from arguing with my husband they always side with mommy and say negative things about daddy. It is awful to see. But, I think a lot of kids will get upset if mommy is upset and especially if mommy is upset with daddy. Daddy is seen as the bad guy

Don't worry, they'll outgrow that. I think it was Carl Jung that had the stages of development where children attach to one parent or the other as they mature, but it might have been Freud.

That is a pretty big IF. I agree with you. IF they had proven the call was spoofed the case would be over.

What exactly, in your opinion, was the state's case built on? IMO - the neighbor's stories about BC's affair and NC not having enough money.

Oh, absolutely not! I believe they did that to indicate the state of mind of Nancy more than anything. The timing of him denying her the money and the timing of her death is significant. Everyone focuses on something different but for me the statement about what she was wearing, the exact sports bra, was the most significant thing. The google search on the computer was just added evidence and would certainly go to premeditation. MOO

I think you are misunderstanding. 85% of custody cases are awarded to the mother. When motioning to relocate, more often then not, a custodial mother or father is permitted to move. Sorry if that was confusing.

I have 2 dear friends that have just gone through divorce. My female friend got custody of the kids, with her ex-husband getting partial custody (weekends, etc). She wanted to move out of state to be closer to her family. She could not do that since the children's father would not let that happen. She is forced to stay where she is so the kids are near their father.

Mica testimony--- In my opinion, this was done to show the exclusiveness of the mica on Fielding Drive. I don't think there was an attempt to fool anyone. Perhaps this would have never been entered into evidence if the defense did not claim that the CPD was inept. The prosecution had no choice but to show a very thorough investigation. However there are those that will continue to think otherwise.

Straw--- I have no thought or answer for this, basically it meant nothing to me.

Wiped phone--- I am not of the option that this was done intentionally, however those that feel the CPD is corrupt will claim differently.

Evasive detectives--- I think the detectives testified in a very professional manner and they were not going to fall into any traps that the defense was trying to set.

Planted evidence--- Those that feel CPD is corrupt have their own right to propagate a conspiracy. However, you must admit that the window of opportunity to commit such an act was very limited. You must also admit, as you already have, that it was nothing more than a shot in the dark to assume that BC was in the office at 1:15pm.

The mica wasn't exclusive to Fielding. Her charts showed a wide range for that mica. And they only tested 3 locations...Fielding, the Cooper yard, and Lochmere Lake. Also, she testified in Cross that the chemical makeup of the mica/dirt found on the running shoes do not match that of the dirt/mica found at Fielding Dr.

The thing is - the State has rested. They did not prove the phone call was spoofed.

The defense is not finished yet and are already showing signs of tampering. Will they prove it? I think they will. Time will tell.

But not being able to prove the call was spoofed greatly weakens the state's case. Everyone knows that.

Here we will just disagree. The prosecution has shown the various ways the call could be made and thus have cast doubt on the alibi of BC. This will certainly be addressed in closing arguments.

The 6:05am call, 1 second seizure time that was used to located the phone. Kind of hard to locate a phone that does not ring. The duration of the call was 23 seconds. Isn't this the same length of time as a csim start simulated call.

The multiple calls to both cell pone voicemail and work voicemail. Under the pretense of the working issues related to Ireland upgrade these work calls have been shown to be not the case.

The second trip to HT on 7/12 to get laundry detergent when according to the deposition BC started the laundry that morning. So why, on the first trip to get milk would he not have gotten laundry detergent as well.

Others have mentioned many other odd occurrences of 7/11-7/12

1. cleaned trunk of car
2. missing the right or left shoes from 2 different pairs
3. BC's shoes on HT trip not being located
4. missing sticks and ducks from foyer
5. BC sleeping on the crack of 2 single beds pushed together
6. Not remembering what dress but remembering it had thin straps
7. Spending all morning cleaning the floors when it was obvious the house was very messy in other rooms.
8. Both parents up at 4am and both stayed up throughout the morning.
9. BC supports production systems in an enterprise and therefore there is no need for FXO port testing. Leads one to believe that this FXO port was used at the house for some period of time. He was not in the TAC and thus needed to type of voice interface to recreate a customer issue.
10. All of NC's possession's were found in the house, her car keys, cell phone and her necklace.

So you can talk about the straw, the possible tampering of evidence by the CPD and the fact that if a husband murdered his wife he would have enough respect to fully clothe her. <mod snip>
<mod snip>

Marine basic training changed my opinion. Your first thought when someone comes behind you and wraps their arm around your neck is panic. If it was dark, double panic. The first thing you do is raise your hands and try to turn to stop the attack. Granted you were expecting it to happen so you worked yourself up a bit, so I would not know how quickly 'fright or flight' would kick in.

JMHO

I have had the most unpleasant misfortune to have that very thing happen to me. I was walking back to my dorm room by myself late at night and a man ran up behind me, threw his arm around my neck and began to drag me backwards saying, "You're coming with me". My response, "You have got to be kidding me!" (The feeling was "how can this night get any worse?") I was very fortunate that two other men walked out of the building we were standing by right at that time. They were talking to each other and I don't think they ever realized that they saved me. The man who grabbed me ran back to his car and I ran all the way back to my dorm. My reaction really, really shocked me because I was so surprised that I did nothing! I'm sure the fight or flight would have kicked in if he had actually had an opportunity to drag me back to his car but my initial reaction was just stunned and in shock.

Oh, absolutely not! I believe they did that to indicate the state of mind of Nancy more than anything. The timing of him denying her the money and the timing of her death is significant. Everyone focuses on something different but for me the statement about what she was wearing, the exact sports bra, was the most significant thing. The google search on the computer was just added evidence and would certainly go to premeditation. MOO

Do you still feel that way knowing what was discussed last night? Could have been blue....or gray and other statements? I think it has been shown that he never said only that about the bra. You were here last night, no?

I think that the information that all 6 of them are the same is incorrect. I am attaching the best I could do with getting a screen capture from the WRAL video showing all of the dates. They are very hard to make out. I attached two files, the second one, I played around with the contrast a little to try to make it easier to read.

It appears to me that the time on the open hand file is 17:14:53 and on the open hand file is 17:15:11 (maybe, not sure about the seconds). But, the times are definitely different.

Feel free to try capturing from the video and refining it as much as you can.

The 6 for the open are all the same. The 6 for the closed are different from the open, but all the same. Your example from yesterday has different values for each. How do you explain having all being the same?

Do you still feel that way knowing what was discussed last night? Could have been blue....or gray and other statements? I think it has been shown that he never said only that about the bra. You were here last night, no?

I can't say that I was for all of it but I do remember part of the discussion. The comments about could have been blue or gray came on the 12th when they were asking what she might have been wearing. The part about the red and black came when he was told that a body had been found. That was my understanding.

I have 2 dear friends that have just gone through divorce. My female friend got custody of the kids, with her ex-husband getting partial custody (weekends, etc). She wanted to move out of state to be closer to her family. She could not do that since the children's father would not let that happen. She is forced to stay where she is so the kids are near their father.

Good. That's how it should be.

Don't worry, they'll outgrow that. I think it was Carl Jung that had the stages of development where children attach to one parent or the other as they mature, but it might have been Freud.

While I hate to admit this, I can't wait for that day. I love my kids more than life, but would love to be able to share some of the parental duties with my husband without upsetting the kids. (I must admit - at times I do it anyway regardless of getting them upset or not).

I feel that at this stage, they are just used to mommy doing the normal things (baths, feeding, reading, etc) and they like that routine. Kids do not acclimate to change as easily as we do. So, if NC and BC were constantly fighting in front of the children, it is not that odd that the eldest would regress in potty training, etc. I would think that is not 100% due to BC and how he treated their mommy, but in how mommy and daddy treated each other. Just because the kids were crying in mommy's car and others heard it is not that odd, in my opinion. Guess what? Kids cry for multiple reasons, some not even understood my mommies themselves

I know we don't agree on much, but of this I do agree with you. I have at least two experiences (one family, one friend) that also relate to not being able to move with the children away from the father and where the children were born and entered the school system. One case is a 50/50 shared custody agreement - the mom wanted to move with a new husband to another city/county. The father was adamant about the girls not changing schools in middle/high school and therefore, the mother could not move them. The other is the mom has majority custody and dad has weekends and two nights a week. Mom wanted to move to another state. Dad was not agreeable and the mom was not allowed to take the children. She was given the option of reversing the custody such that the dad had majority custody and she would have visitation. She chose not to move and give up custody.

Here we will just disagree. The prosecution has shown the various ways the call could be made and thus have cast doubt on the alibi of BC. This will certainly be addressed in closing arguments.

The 6:05am call, 1 second seizure time that was used to located the phone. Kind of hard to locate a phone that does not ring. The duration of the call was 23 seconds. Isn't this the same length of time as a csim start simulated call.

The multiple calls to both cell pone voicemail and work voicemail. Under the pretense of the working issues related to Ireland upgrade these work calls have been shown to be not the case.

The second trip to HT on 7/12 to get laundry detergent when according to the deposition BC started the laundry that morning. So why, on the first trip to get milk would he not have gotten laundry detergent as well.

Others have mentioned many other odd occurrences of 7/11-7/12

1. cleaned trunk of car
7. Spending all morning cleaning the floors when it was obvious the house was very messy in other rooms.
9. BC supports production systems in an enterprise and therefore there is no need for FXO port testing. Leads one to believe that this FXO port was used at the house for some period of time. He was not in the TAC and thus needed to type of voice interface to recreate a customer issue.
10. All of NC's possession's were found in the house, her car keys, cell phone and her necklace.

So you can talk about the straw, the possible tampering of evidence by the CPD and the fact that if a husband murdered his wife he would have enough respect to fully clothe her. <mod snip>

<mod snip>

#9 is not really accurate. He never said he was testing FXO ports, he was testing the wireless handset by using it as their home phone. FXO ports would absolutely be in the list of equipment used in test scenarios for Cisco VoIP. UCM with SRST is a standard branch application.

Good. That's how it should be.

I totally agree. Joint custody of children should mean that both parents should reside in a reasonable distance to see their children.

I don't think it would have been fair at all for NC to take the kids to Canada if BC was given partial custody. Afterall, he is their dad.

What happens if he is found NG? Does he gain custody of his children?

With all of this set aside, I feel terrible for what these innocent children have gone through and will continue to go through (with custody battles, etc). NO child should have to endure such confusion and heartache. If BC is found NG, I just hope all parties involved will put the best interest on the children in mind first and foremost.

I know we don't agree on much, but of this I do agree with you. I have at least two experiences (one family, one friend) that also relate to not being able to move with the children away from the father and where the children were born and entered the school system. One case is a 50/50 shared custody agreement - the mom wanted to move with a new husband to another city/county. The father was adamant about the girls not changing schools in middle/high school and therefore, the mother could not move them. The other is the mom has majority custody and dad has weekends and two nights a week. Mom wanted to move to another state. Dad was not agreeable and the mom was not allowed to take the children. She was given the option of reversing the custody such that the dad had majority custody and she would have visitation. She chose not to move and give up custody.

Are you agreeing this is a good thing or a bad thing that the women were forced to stay where they are?

1. cleaned trunk of car
(Snipped for space)

Yes, we see things differently. None of what you mentioned above is proof of anything. It is all rather flimsy. Probably the biggest thing is the clean trunk, but I still feel they would have found some DNA. CPD can't even say which room the murder occurred in so the ducks and sticks is irrelevant. Wolfpackmom provided information about the shoes recently (I missed that testimony). I believe the mismatched shoes weren't even NC's size. The rest of what you listed really is proof of nothing. I don't even consider one item on the list to be CE.

JMHO

thanks for your response. What if brad were able to take one swift long armed swing without grabbing her at all? Think targeted blow here. Because of the size and location of the hyoid bone, it is not easy to fracture, but when fractured is "diagnostic" of strangulation. Breaking of the bone is a swift and sure way to immobilize Nancy with certain death to follow. IIRC the medical examiner testified to a thin line mark on the throat. What do you make of that theory?

And here, I am suggesting the possibility of holding a wooden duck as a weapon, exacting a blow with the one of the sharp edges on the bottom of the duck. Come to think of it, if that duck were the right size, it would fit well into the shape of someone's hand for a lethal weapon, used in such a manner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998