April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
#9 is not really accurate. He never said he was testing FXO ports, he was testing the wireless handset by using it as their home phone. FXO ports would absolutely be in the list of equipment used in test scenarios for Cisco VoIP. UCM with SRST is a standard branch application.

Usually with SRST there is a greater need than just 2 ports for PSTN access. As it relates to production systems in Ireland and RTP this is certainly the case. I base this on the thought that any remote branch support within Cisco would be handled by IT and not an alpha system.

Are you agreeing this is a good thing or a bad thing that the women were forced to stay where they are?

I was just in agreement with Cary that the poster who generalizes that women most often get custody and are allowed to move and pretty much call all the shots really might not have their facts correct. I'm in agreement that what is best for the children is considered first and foremost. I think both parents should have input and responsibility for the raising of their children. In an ideal situation parents would make joint agreeable decisions, but that doesn't always happen. I think there are many factors that can go into a courts decision - and I'm entirely blessed and incredibly fortunate that I did not have to cross that bridge. Married 32 years and raised two beautiful daughters together and now we have a wonderful granddaughter. I pray my daughter and son-in-law won't ever have to experience child custody issues either.

I totally agree. Joint custody of children should mean that both parents should reside in a reasonable distance to see their children.

I don't think it would have been fair at all for NC to take the kids to Canada if BC was given partial custody. Afterall, he is their dad.

What happens if he is found NG? Does he gain custody of his children?

With all of this set aside, I feel terrible for what these innocent children have gone through and will continue to go through (with custody battles, etc). NO child should have to endure such confusion and heartache. If BC is found NG, I just hope all parties involved will put the best interest on the children in mind first and foremost.

I've wondered that too. I'm sure it would be an uphill battle, but if he is NG, then there is absolutely no good reason for the children be away from him. There would most likely be a transition period before they were returned to him.

thanks for your response. What if brad were able to take one swift long armed swing without grabbing her at all? Think targeted blow here. Because of the size and location of the hyoid bone, it is not easy to fracture, but when fractured is "diagnostic" of strangulation. Breaking of the bone is a swift and sure way to immobilize Nancy with certain death to follow. IIRC the medical examiner testified to a thin line mark on the throat. What do you make of that theory?

Possible I would imagine. But, if the theory is that the attack happened in the hall not so sure. It would have to be a swing with a lot of force behind it. That area of the house seems so small in the pictures I question the ability for her to not have slammed backwards into the closet area or the table. Its just as plausible IMHO for him to attack her there and she fought and the missing items are evidence of that.

Not super knowledgeable in that, anyone who attends a defense class is taught what to do in an attack, the problem is that once you are attacked you are not as calm, even though you have knowledge to fend it off. Insticts kick in that don't kick in in class, someone thinks they would fight, freezes. Some think they would freeze fight.

Kelly

I was just in agreement with Cary that the poster who generalizes that women most often get custody and are allowed to move and pretty much call all the shots really might not have their facts correct. I'm in agreement that what is best for the children is considered first and foremost. I think both parents should have input and responsibility for the raising of their children. In an ideal situation parents would make joint agreeable decisions, but that doesn't always happen. I think there are many factors that can go into a courts decision - and I'm entirely blessed and incredibly fortunate that I did not have to cross that bridge. Married 32 years and raised two beautiful daughters together and now we have a wonderful granddaughter. I pray my daughter and son-in-law won't ever have to experience child custody issues either.

Thank you for clarifying. I appreciate it.

Possible I would imagine. But, if the theory is that the attack happened in the hall not so sure. It would have to be a swing with a lot of force behind it. That area of the house seems so small in the pictures I question the ability for her to not have slammed backwards into the closet area or the table. Its just as plausible IMHO for him to attack her there and she fought and the missing items are evidence of that.

Not super knowledgeable in that, anyone who attends a defense class is taught what to do in an attack, the problem is that once you are attacked you are not as calm, even though you have knowledge to fend it off. Insticts kick in that don't kick in in class, someone thinks they would fight, freezes. Some think they would freeze fight.

Kelly

I imagine there would be bruising from a blow like that as well.

The mica wasn't exclusive to Fielding. Her charts showed a wide range for that mica. And they only tested 3 locations...Fielding, the Cooper yard, and Lochmere Lake. Also, she testified in Cross that the chemical makeup of the mica/dirt found on the running shoes do not match that of the dirt/mica found at Fielding Dr.

Regarding Fielding Drive and the google map search, I have a question. Google maps do not provide up to the minute data, Fielding Drive was a new street in 2008. Does anyone know if it would have shown up on the google map at all? Just curious because when I did a google of our old home we sold in 2007, our cars were still in the driveway and it is 2011. Thoughts?

Regarding Fielding Drive and the google map search, I have a question. Google maps do not provide up to the minute data, Fielding Drive was a new street in 2008. Does anyone know if it would have shown up on the google map at all? Just curious because when I did a google of our old home we sold in 2007, our cars were still in the driveway and it is 2011. Thoughts?

So I guess the question would be in what date that map was updated to relect the area as it was in July 2008? Am I following you correctly?

Absolutely....hematoma and swelling is part of the physiology of breaking the hyoid bone,
closing off the airway, causing suffocation rapidly and without warning.

IIRC, didn't the ME say that bruising may have been difficult to detect due to decomposition of her body, particularly of her head and neck region. Correct me if I have not heard the testimony correctly.

Fielding Drive wasn't a new street in 2008. It has some very established homes on it. The part of it where the body was found was new in 2008 and based on someone on this forum that did a google search after the body was found (and saved it), the street cutouts for the new section were shown on google maps, but showed as dirt roads.

But he did note that thin line on the throat in testimony......and the hyoid bone was broken. I just am trying to make sense of no defensive wounds, and very little signs of struggle other than missing items in the foyer.....along with extensive cleaning by brad.

This is now the most replied to thread in the Nancy Cooper forum. The 19th was more impressive because it happened in 1 day, but wow. We sure are a passionate group here.

Based on defense witness testimony, I don't believe Fielding was a new road in '08, just that there was a new subdivision going in there at that time. Others can correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm pretty sure.

Based on defense witness testimony, I don't believe Fielding was a new road in '08, just that there was a new subdivision going in there at that time. Others can correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm pretty sure.

No, you are correct. The woman that testified about seeing the two female joggers and then seeing the maroon van the next day has lived on Fielding for a very long time.

I think the term "soft kill" is an oxymoron in this case.....appears to have been a powerful and lethal blow....may have left quite a mess to clean up though. What may have happened, and I am supposing, is that she did vomit most of the contents of her stomach
at that point. Physiology of death due to hyoid bone fracture and physiological strangulation takes over. He may have not had to hold onto her at all. One well planned swift blow.

Please allow me to take it one step further here...if brad gave that one swift blow, and she is left with rapid and sudden loss of airway, he could quick get some towels and catch all that vomit and whatever else happens when the sphincters relax.

Regarding bruising, don't we have testimony from ME of a thin line on the throat.

IMO, the google search was the only thing the state produced that made me raise my eyebrow. I just do not believe he would have googled the location, I think he would have driven to the location, if this is what he planned. As far as him snooping on the computer, I did the same thing to my husband 10 years ago when we had a rough patch in our marriage. I installed a key stroke finder so I could view everything he was up to, it did not make me a murderer only someone that wanted to protect her interest in the event things went to divorce. I have used the google map search many times to google my own home, I just wanted to get an aerial view of what was actually around me ( I am directionly challenged). I especially use the search when I am getting ready to put a home on the market. It takes me a lot longer than 41 seconds to get my bearings and I zoom in and out a lot trying to find things.

"After fracture, the occult compressive forces of hematoma formation and soft tissue swelling may compromise airway patency. It is our clinical observation that hypoxia develops rapidly and without warning, leading to cardiorespiratory collapse."

This is from Pub Med http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10484094

This explains to me the lack of defensive wounds on Nancy. IMO, she was attacked swiftly and by surprise in the foyer, with strong blunt force trauma to the hyoid bone. With prior knowledge of suicide by strangulation from internet search, brad had the know how and exacted a swift and fatal blow. She became unconscious quickly and had little to no time to react before becoming unconscious. Were the ducks and sticks ever found? JMO

Much medical research has been published on the findings of strangulation, owing to a no-longer promoted practice by police agencies wherein “choke holds” were trained and practiced as a way for officers to subdue suspects.[11] The summary experience with choking for control of suspects -- also called the “carotid restraint hold” , “shime waza”, or “the sleeper hold” -- is that death can ensue without the intent of the officer, and without leaving external marks on the body.

http://www.markwynn.com/dv/Death%20by%20Strangulation%20-%20Dr.%20Dean%20Hawley.pdf

A nice advantage of the carotid artery hold over the chokehold is that there is very little fight once the hold is in place. This is because there is no pain involved, and it takes only a few seconds before the opponent becomes groggy and loses consciousness. The chokehold, on the other hand, causes pain, choking and panic and takes longer for loss of consciousness. The proper application of the carotid sleeper causes the persons airway to rest in the crook of the arm, eliminating damage to the trachea and larynx.

http://aussiejujitsu.wetpaint.com/page/Carotid+Restraint+Principles

BBM -- I did the bolding.

Here we will just disagree. The prosecution has shown the various ways the call could be made and thus have cast doubt on the alibi of BC. This will certainly be addressed in closing arguments.

Indeed it will. I imagine that Kurtz is going to have an enormous exhibit with DD's own words on them. What were they? Something like "As far as concrete, physical evidence...I don't have that." And Kurtz will probably use that phrase throughout his closing, and indeed those may be the very first words he says to the jury at closing.

But he did note that thin line on the throat in testimony......and the hyoid bone was broken. I just am trying to make sense of no defensive wounds, and very little signs of struggle other than missing items in the foyer.....along with extensive cleaning by brad.

There is an area in the neck that can have pressure put on it for a short time, before causing one to pass out. A matter of 10 or 15 seconds. That would be my guess. As for strength, I need go no further than a few tickle fights hubby and I used to have. He'd humor me for a short time, but once he used his strengh against me, I was neutralized rather quickly and completely. I was no match for him, if he grabbed me. I remember the first time we were playing, thinking 'yeah, I'm strong, I'm tough....' and then he grabbed my arms to stop me from tickling him. Sheesh, no match at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member