TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning towards number 5.........someone saw somebody toss something of Holly's and they have a description of the vehicle......that's just an opinion, my DIL is being extremely tight lipped on this.....TBI is being very cautious with information being released.

yup.

Sounds like, somebody or ... enough somebodies saw something ... called in tip(s) and they're able to tie the sighting to Holly with a find.

Possibly, they've alibied a list of possibles too...and someone on their list - their alibi is not matching up...based on tips or interviews...

I can't even imagine how many people investigators have talked to by now...and how many stories they've heard...and how many stories line up or ... stick out like a sore thumb...

If the sim card is removed, can you still access the pictures that are in the phone, just by going through the picture menu?

Or someone could have seen a phone on the ground and stopped and called it in. LE may have told them not to touch it, not to look around for anything else, just leave it alone until they got there. And then perhaps when LE got there, they found that the card or another piece was missing from it, so they dropped to their knees for the search.

I'd love to be surprised and learn eventually that whatever this is they found leads to Holly's recovery, but I'm just not feeling it. LE had to sound optimistic, it was going on two weeks, nothing had been located in nearly all of that time. I wouldn't expect them to be anything else and yet they backed off rather quickly to saying they were hopeful it would of help, when at first it seemed like all heck broke loose.

If and it is a big IF for me, she is leaving a trail of evidence then I think there is a level of trust between the two of them. Totally MOO

I know I am a wet blanket, as a natural pessimist in these types of crimes...but am wondering why so many people feel she is being "stashed", when to me, the only difference between this and so many other abductions of women who were raped and killed, is that someone saw it happen? If not for that, we'd simply have a young woman who had vanished and was either found or not, sometime later on. And usually, it turns out to be an ex or some kind of an obsessed stalker.

What seems different here, to so many?

Of course I hope she is alive, and more, not being tortured or abused, but I just can't find reasons to believe this is the case, other than she has not been found. But we all know that some people are never found, or are found after months, i.e Morgan and others.

I believe she is 'stashed' for the following reasons:

I believe this was a crime of passion and of obsession.

I believe the perp knew her or was aware of her or stalked her for some time.

I believe the perp is a local.

Because she is so very beautiful, and a 'sweet Christian girl,' and so pure (in the eyes of the perp), she would be unobtainable to him in the real world.

The perp probably has very low self-esteem and very little luck in relationships with women.

In my opinion, the perp is not interested in a rape and a murder, but is interested in a long-term relationship, with no intention in the short-term of harming her.

The fact that she was abducted from home, not a spot easily seen from the road, not random in any event, but one in which some planning ahead had to be done, leads me to believe the above. But YES, if we didn't know that there was a witness to her being taken from the home, then, yes, I would think it would be a woman who disappeared, like so many others, whether found later or not.

Again, obsessed stalker is what I'm feeling, and with obsession may come a desire to keep her alive. MOO

Ok, I'm useless when I'm too tired. Heading out and will hopefully be back in the morning light sometime PDT.

My best to everyone!!

Thanks. Y'all are incredible sleuthers. I followed the Kyron case thru WS until it wore me out, and then I've read every thread on HB since she was found missing. First contribution tonight. I so hope they find her, and soon. Her family must be suffering terribly.

Did someone post a map with the Bobo house and the eaton street (assumed phone location) marked on it? If so can anyone repost it.... where oh where is this poor little girl.....

wrong thread
ETA sorry for the mass confusion, was trying to delete as quickly as possible, update on the other thread, etc. This would be a case of me having too many windows open and thinking I had clicked on the right thread while listening to 3 scanners and doing pwk. Recipe for disaster! My bad, didn't want anyone thinking I was telling them they were in the wrong thread!

what do you mean wrong thread? Is there a map thread? I saw maps posted here.... let me know and thanks

I know that this was up earlier, but it almost seems like it might have been pulled and then reposted because it was not in my search results earlier.

However, a volunteer involved with the search said the item found was 20-year old Holly Bobo's cell phone. The discovery was made Sunday just off the roadway on Highway 69 just north of Parsons.
http://www.wmctv.com/story/14509533/search-mum-on-item-linked-to-holly-bobo

I know that it's not exactly responsible reporting for a news station to print a rumor, but there it is. I will admit that it's a rumor at this point, but is an MSM rumor, so I think it's allowed.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/04/25/exp.nr.gwyn.bobo.case.cnn?iref=allsearch

Video also shows TBI saying that the "gamechanging" piece of evidence "will" give us a huge piece of information about the puzzle (of her appearance) "after" being analyzed. Soooo the item must be analyzed before it becomes deemed important....

again validating the cell phone theory IMO....

Or maybe it's something of hers that potentially has the perp's DNA on it. To me, the only two items that could genuinely provide information on where to find her would be 1) her phone, or 2) something that has the perp's DNA or fingerprints on it. To me, everything else just gives information on where they were at one point in time. Then again, maybe any item could inform a real investigator and I just don't think that creatively :).

what do you mean wrong thread? Is there a map thread? I saw maps posted here.... let me know and thanks

LOL.

I think Sarx might have posted in the wrong thread! ... and then deleted it to let everyone know it was an oops.

I could be wrong, but it's one of my favorite tricks too. :)

:lol: yeah! what she ^^ said (katiemadonna & sarx)

Go to the first page in this thread, look at the first post where mods started the thread and down at the bottom is a link to the map. Good luck

PS I don't know what SARX was talking about , lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member