TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alabamabella- :wagon: !!!! It's so wonderful to have you here!

As you probably know Kyron has a special place in my heart. :heart:

Whatever it was that was found, it has given her mother hope...but hope of what? Since her mom is not in the media every day, we don't know what she believes at this point. Does she believe Holly is still alive, and this item gave her hope of that, OR has she started to come to terms with the idea that the best they can hope for is to bring Holly home and lay her to rest with dignity?
(I am in no way saying that it is more likely that Holly is dead, but if it were my absolutely stunning twenty year old daughter potentially trapped in the woods with a sadist...I would likely pray that the horror was already over instead of having to face the idea that she might never come home in any form and may in fact live twenty or thirty years like that.) For some people, it is easier to move on that way and easier to face the death of a loved one as opposed to the ?????? of a loved one.

So I am trying to keep an open mind here, and for me to do that, I wish that someone would have clarified exactly what it is that her mother has hope for. (And I am in no way saying that Holly's mom hopes she is dead, I'm just saying that in a case like this, it might be hard for any of us to know exactly what to hope for, espacially when we don't know what info the family has been given by LE that we may not be privy to.) MOO.

what do you mean wrong thread? Is there a map thread? I saw maps posted here.... let me know and thanks

What happens sometimes to all of us who scanner, is that we have multiple windows open, hear a scanner call and post it on the wrong window. :) If you see wrong thread posts like Sarx, more often times, MINE, that is more than likely what happened. I do it all the time as I try to listen to the scanner and moderate at the same time. :silly:

Here's a video but it's not the most current news. It's from yesterday. I haven't seen it before. I can't find a video from today with the latest info.

http://www.wsmv.com/local-video/index.html?grabnetworks={videoid:4643166} - http://www.wsmv.com/news/27651991/detail.html (video access)

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27654972/detail.html (latest from local source)

The first link didn't work - I think these are separate videos.

bumping videos - duh, thought I had been on page 2!!

I don't have a problem with the general public knowing where the search stations are, however IMO, they shouldn't be broadcasting where the searches are taking place. This is giving the perp way too much info as to how the investigation is going.

However, that could be the entire point. If LE feels the perp is purposefully planting evidence, part of the local community, and maybe taking part of the search, maybe there is a method to their madness. They could be separating searches to narrow down where the planted evidence gets placed (that eliminates the other two search parties, right?) or to lure him to these three different areas to attempt to plant evidence.

Or maybe it's something of hers that potentially has the perp's DNA on it. To me, the only two items that could genuinely provide information on where to find her would be 1) her phone, or 2) something that has the perp's DNA or fingerprints on it. To me, everything else just gives information on where they were at one point in time. Then again, maybe any item could inform a real investigator and I just don't think that creatively :).

But there are several types of evidence that could dated. For example if we know the last rain storm was last Thursday and the item found would have been destroyed or compromised by rain, then we could date it as item > Thursday (item greater than Thursday).

If it is something that only Holly could have / would have left (and not the perp..) then we can extrapolate that Holly has been at that location since Thursday, hence was alive on Thursday.

See where I'm going with this? BTW, I do not know what day it rained last, I am only using Thursday as an example.

Whatever it was that was found, it has given her mother hope...but hope of what? Since her mom is not in the media every day, we don't know what she believes at this point. Does she believe Holly is still alive, and this item gave her hope of that, OR has she started to come to terms with the idea that the best they can hope for is to bring Holly home and lay her to rest with dignity?
(I am in no way saying that it is more likely that Holly is dead, but if it were my absolutely stunning twenty year old daughter potentially trapped in the woods with a sadist...I would likely pray that the horror was already over instead of having to face the idea that she might never come home in any form and may in fact live twenty or thirty years like that.) For some people, it is easier to move on that way and easier to face the death of a loved one as opposed to the ?????? of a loved one.

So I am trying to keep an open mind here, and for me to do that, I wish that someone would have clarified exactly what it is that her mother has hope for. (And I am in no way saying that Holly's mom hopes she is dead, I'm just saying that in a case like this, it might be hard for any of us to know exactly what to hope for, espacially when we don't know what info the family has been given by LE that we may not be privy to.) MOO.

I only had the impression it was hopeful that a new clue had been found and could lead to something more; not sure where it came from that the clue itself held any significance as to whether Holly was alive or not. I thought it more that it had been so long since anything at all had been found, and with the idea of the search maybe ending, she was hopeful that instead they might be closer to finding her.

Did Will Nunley (or any other media source) ever post an update regarding this tweet yesterday?

Breaking: the mother of Holly Bobo calls deputies with a message.

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Yesterday was apparently also the day that the "significant" item was found.

Coincidence?

What happens sometimes to all of us who scanner, is that we have multiple windows open, hear a scanner call and post it on the wrong window. :) If you see wrong thread posts like Sarx, more often times, MINE, that is more than likely what happened. I do it all the time as I try to listen to the scanner and moderate at the same time. :silly:

:yes:

true dat. it's a race for the forum record on that skill. not tellin' who, but if you stick around long enough ... you'll find out! :giggle:

it can be very shocking and discombobulating to the poster who dunnit. like finding your morning cup of coffee in your refrigerator.

:innocent:

See where I'm going with this? BTW, I do not know what day it rained last, I am only using Thursday as an example.

What a great point. I didn't think of any of that, but it makes a lot of sense that they can date the items based on wear, damage, etc.

:yes:

true dat. it's a race for the forum record on that skill. not tellin' who, but if you stick around long enough ... you'll find out! :giggle:

it can be very shocking and discombobulating to the poster who dunnit. like finding your morning cup of coffee in your refrigerator.

:innocent:

:pillowfight: :lol: :pillowfight:

If it is a handwritten note what are the odds it would survive a rainstorm & hasn't it been raining on&off since she went missing?

Depends on whether or not it was in something versus just a piece of paper on the ground.

If and it is a big IF for me, she is leaving a trail of evidence then I think there is a level of trust between the two of them. Totally MOO

HUGE if. But if it is this unrequited love maybe, just maybe she is able to do these things. Otherwise I think the person(s) involved are having a big time watching us scramble around.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/14509533/search-mum-on-item-linked-to-holly-bobo

Bobo's parents said they wanted to thank those volunteers and officials face-to-face Sunday, and they tried. Dana and Karen Bobo made it as far as the search headquarters parking lot, but had to turn around.

"Dana and Karen thought they could come and talk to the volunteers, to thank them and talk to them some," said Bromely. "But it's just too much, too hard."

...that took the wind outta my sails... :tears:

It sounds like LE got the tip the phone was right in the area where it was found.....fairly quickly sounds like. It may have had one of the bright colored, protective, plastic cases on it and was easily & quickly spotted once they'd received the info where to find it.

As far as the searchers being on their hands and knees searching.....I agree, they were looking for something very small.......perhaps the SIM card to the phone? The tipster may have told them where the phone was and that the SIM card was thrown 500 yards (just an example) from the phone.

I also think the tipster may have told them about other items that were thrown out near the school and that's why they had searchers rushed to that location as well. The tipster knows "something" to have been able to direct them so precisely to the phone. I wonder why the tipster waited so long to call in the tip?

This is my exact understanding (above).

I think LE knows exactly who did this. I think the family probably knows too. I think the only unknown is where is she. I suspect and again MY OPINION is that LE and family even know what the deal is in terms of why it was done in the mind of this person. It's a matter of getting a conviction/execution hopefully when the time comes. This is someone that's watched too many CSI type shows growing up and thinks they can outsmart LE without having any idea they've probably been watching all along. My belief on the tip is it either came from the perp or someone very close. I don't think this was a random find. Someone putting it there probably thought they'd throw off LE because of either: the people near there that own the plant, the fathers old place of work and school. I think they are 100% right in suggesting the leaks stop because the dirtbag is likely reading online.

My gut tells me we're all going to be absolutely disgusted when/if we ever get the "reason" for all of this. Not to say any of these crimes have a good reason but I just have that feeling this one will strike at the core for a lot of us.

I'm not an eye for an eye type of person but if the worst is realized I'm glad TN has the death penalty.

HUGE if. But if it is this unrequited love maybe, just maybe she is able to do these things. Otherwise I think the person(s) involved are having a big time watching us scramble around.

Yeah, I feel the same, but I try to not get tunnel vision and keep looking at all the possibilities, while still sticking with my gut, stats, previous cases, knowledge, experience, etc. It's exhausting, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam