State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confusing myself here... do you agree...

If I were a juror and I have what I believe to be reasonable doubt as to a defendant's guilt I should vote not guilty.

The prosecution has to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

Right?

If I was a juror, I would HAVE to vote not guilty, because there is not ONE SINGLE piece of evidence that could not be REASONABLY explained in another way. If there IS, I would be willing to debate that, but I have not seen ONE piece of evidence that can meet the standard of, "It HAD to be him."

What is interesting is the double standard. Picture of BC holding hands with French woman...they MUST have been having an affair.

NC NAKED in the couch with JP...well, not really SURE that they actually had sex.

Huh?

Huh back to you. I didn't say anything about BC having an affair.

NC's plans to move to another country were well known. Brad's musings in that direction were secret.

What is interesting is the double standard. Picture of BC holding hands with French woman...they MUST have been having an affair.

NC NAKED in the couch with JP...well, not really SURE that they actually had sex.

Huh?

As was stated early this morning, we all know that Nancy was not a saint. She was a very, very unhappy woman trapped in not only a bad marriage but a bad life. Perhaps Brad was too from his own point of view.

unc70 said:
Would you believe the testimony of a Google expert in this matter?

If that testimony was that the Google Maps search files were inconsistent with what they would look like in an actual search done at that time on that type system -- would that change your mind?

I will need to wait to hear the Google expert if one is called before I can answer that question.

I'll go out on a limb here and say, IF a Google expert (or computer forensics expert) is allowed to testify and his testimony favors the defense, BZ will so confuse the issue & the BDI crowd, that the BDIers won't understand and therefore, won't believe him/her.

I wasn't being "snarky" LyndyLoo....I was really hoping you would answer this.

What I came away with was, even these total strangers, meeting nancy just that night, both came away feeling sad and frightened for her. Both husband and wife. IMO, they too would have panicked and called the cops if nancy had gone missing the next day. Donna Lopez said 'something bad is going to happen in that house'. and Ricardo Lopez said nancy looked sad, depressed and exhausted. and he felt extremely sorry for her. It's no wonder her close friends and family quickly feared the worst.

As was stated early this morning, we all know that Nancy was not a saint. She was a very, very unhappy woman trapped in not only a bad marriage but a bad life. Perhaps Brad was too from his own point of view.

As a single Dad, not knowing where next month's utility bills are coming from, you will forgive me if I have trouble seeing a "Bills paid, $300 a week allowance, driving a BMW, not having to work, nice house, nice friends, frequent parties" life as "bad"...

I'm confusing myself here... do you agree...

If I were a juror and I have what I believe to be reasonable doubt as to a defendant's guilt I should vote not guilty.

The prosecution has to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

Right?

I have no doubt that that is a reasonable take on it.

I don't think this conversation has anything at all to do with whether she went running or not. I believe this conversation somewhat impeaches the testimony of JA and CC, as well as gives credibility to BC telling the cops she went running. It doesn't mean she did (obviously for those that believe BC is guilty). But if it was 100% certain that NC did not have plans to run on the 12th, then what BC told the cops couldn't have happened. I'm not even dealing with guilt or innocence here...I'm just discussing if his story was even possible. If she had plans to run, it validates a small part of his story (ie, he used an activity that she had plans to do).

Brad cooper also told the cops nancy never ran alone. and she told her running partner, carrie whatever, that she wasn't running on saturday.

What else I learned this week:

The phone was wiped. (already knew that)
SH was nice to BC (already knew that)
A stranger is being held accountable in a murder trial for the whereabouts of a dead woman on the morning she was murdered, after one conversation. (didn't know that)

What else?

Oh, I know. I read that document, beginning with page 61, and learned that the biggest gossip in all of Wake County isn't anybody in Lochmere. It's BC's defense team.

As a single Dad, not knowing where next month's utility bills are coming from, you will forgive me if I have trouble seeing a "Bills paid, $300 a week allowance, driving a BMW, not having to work, nice house, nice friends, frequent parties" life as SLIGHTLY above "bad"...

Examine each of the issues you outlined in your post. Bills paid--somewhat, $300 a week allowance--also included having to pay for groceries for a family of 4, the BMW was not new, not having to work--Nancy WANTED to work, nice house--that they were perhaps on the verge of losing, nice friends--maybe, frequent parties--those weren't going to last much longer,,,,look at all of those very couples who have split in recent years. No more parties for them.
You may be comparing your lifestyle with the wrong people. If you have love in your home, with your child or children, that is much greater than anything else you could ever have or want. Materialistic things are just that--things. Love is what life is about.

I have seen something similiar about people on the fence as to what I am going to say, but I swear of the BDI people, even if there was video of someone else murdering her, or if someone admitted killing her on the stand you are so boxed into your thoughts of he did it, you wouldn't beleive either the video or the person admitting it. I have never seen people so certain of circumstantial evidence that doesn't even hold up by itself.

I was just about to say this same thing. This witness has shed more tears over Nancy's death than the evil one.

So many people are so apalled that BC did not shed tears in public. But not everyone expresses their emotions the same way. Maybe he shed his tears when he was by himself, in private. Is that so terrible?

We've kind of proven the reasonable doubt on this board alone (with the debate) no?

I have absolutely no doubt brad cooper killed nancy cooper. If that's what you mean, then yes, proven. And I would never compromise my verdict.

So many people are so apalled that BC did not shed tears in public. But not everyone expresses their emotions the same way. Maybe he shed his tears when he was by himself, in private. Is that so terrible?

But he never called to check on the investigation. I think that bothers me more than anything. Sure, he may have cried in private, I hope he did. I hope he has more of a heart than I am giving him credit for. So far, I have seen very little.

Has he ever been anything but an automaton? Something caught my ear when his volleyball friend testified. He said BC was competetive but never got angry OR excited.

"Bills paid--somewhat, $300 a week allowance--also included having to pay for groceries for a family of 4"

I assure you, we eat healthy, and on FAR less than $300 a week.

"the BMW was not new"

This one is a JOKE, right?

"not having to work--Nancy WANTED to work"

And her inability to was NOT BC's fault.

"nice house--that they were perhaps on the verge of losing"

BECAUSE of her spending.

"nice friends--maybe"

They believed even her most ASININE stories.

"You may be comparing your lifestyle with the wrong people. If you have love in your home, with your child or children, that is much greater than anything else you could ever have or want. Materialistic things are just that--things. Love is what life is about."

Considering the HUGE credit card bills she ran up, and the high dollar clothing she wore, "materialistic" seems to be the life she WANTED.

At what point does private veer into secretive? At what point does keeping things to yourself verge over into leading a double life with plans to move to another country? For that matter, how private is adventuresofbrad? All this privacy stuff in light of that is kind of confusing.

What I learned today is that NC rolled around on the sofa with JP - YEARS ago. Wait, I already knew that.

What I learned today is that Mr. Lopez is torn up having to testify to something the defense will use to acquit Brad.

What I learned yesterday is how silly all this was going to run wasn't going to run stuff is. Yesterday I told someone I was going to the gym and then didn't go. Had you asked her she'd have said, yep, gym for sure. I ended up going for a walk instead, and never told the person I walked with that I'd planned to go to yoga. Not because I was hiding anything. Because I changed my mind. Ask HIM and he'd say no, not the gym, definitely not, a walk was definitely planned.

Monday and Tuesday have gone by and I'm still thinking - so?

Were you killed this morning?

I have absolutely no doubt brad cooper killed nancy cooper. If that's what you mean, then yes, proven. And I would never compromise my verdict.

And I am sure the defense team in any jury you end up on will find this post and hold it up for all to see. :)

I am thinking maybe JP did it and can't recall it, possibly due to intoxication?

But he never called to check on the investigation. I think that bothers me more than anything. Sure, he may have cried in private, I hope he did. I hope he has more of a heart than I am giving him credit for. So far, I have seen very little.

I have to assume you think he never called to check on the investigation because there are no records at the Cary PD, right? Well, using that standard, NC never had a blackberry either...think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member