GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, there were 2 ponds there - the duck pond? and the retention pond? Does anyone remember? My brain is so not functioning this morning. :)

I think you are right. Didn't we originally read that there were 2 ponds, but they only needed to drain one as it was too murky and the other was clear?

Correct but I recall this 'duck pond' from LE but it seemed insignificant & not much info given on it. :waitasec:

So sad, whether it's Krista, or someone else. Thinking of the families and friends. :sigh:

POSTED: 7:46 am EDT April 25, 2011
UPDATED: 7:44 am EDT April 26, 2011

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/27658048/detail.html#ixzz1KjT1Qtr1

Officers said an extensive search of the area was launched, with agents from the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department and the Carroll County Sheriff's Office providing assistance. Investigators said a search Saturday revealed no areas that appeared disturbed or suspicious. Officers have left the mountain to focus on interviewing witnesses Sunday.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/27658048/detail.html#ixzz1KjSq5EIh

I didn't think they spent as much time searching there as they should have..It just seemed too quick to me..This took place on the same day the car/baby was found.

I think having the FBI involved (as of yesterday) helped immensely as it did in Melissa Best's case. Similar to Melissa, the FBI came on board and her body was found the next day.

Agreed. Seems like this should have been done earlier than it was (the draining of the pond).

From my post above this 'searching' of the area was done on Sat. the same day the car/baby was found..It's a very large & wooded area but instead of keep looking they decided to go in another direction which made no sense at the time.

From the comment section..So, which is it? The retention pond or snowmaking pond??? They are 2 diff ponds & one was def drained before.

The Conway Daily Sun
The police have found a body in the retention pond at the base of Cranmore. They have closed off most of the base of Cranmore, calling it a crime scene.........

today is a sad day in Conway....

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/27686492/detail.html#ixzz1KjXuNt5P

A poster on the Conway Daily Sun's FB page says that authorities have been looking in this pond from the beginning and have been working on draining it for several days.

A poster on the Conway Daily Sun's FB page says that authorities have been looking in this pond from the beginning and have been working on draining it for several days.

Are they still calling it a "snowmaking" pond?

I just love how LE assured us there was NO WAY she was in any "water" around there. :maddening:

From my post above this 'searching' of the area was done on Sat. the same day the car/baby was found..It's a very large & wooded area but instead of keep looking they decided to go in another direction which made no sense at the time.

I think when they were searching on the first day they were looking for a living Krista and so they search a wide area as fast as possible, hoping she is lying unconscious somewhere. But after a couple of days they look more into the ponds and lakes as a recovery effort. Poor sweetheart, Bless Her Soul.

Is the Conway Daily Sun FB the only source saying a body has been found?

My thoughts are with that poor baby girl. :(

Okay. Body found in pond near childcare center.

So if this is Krista, I wonder if anyone connected to her or her baby-daddy has ever worked at that childcare center or left their child there?

(Not accusing anyone or looking for personal info, just wondering!)

Is the Conway Daily Sun FB the only source saying a body has been found?

My thoughts are with that poor baby girl. :(

Only 2 that I've seen so far..This report does NOT mention a "body" tho & nothing at all on HLN where I'd expect to see something!

CONWAY, N.H. --

WMUR/Amy Coveno
Police have blocked off a pond area in Conway as they search for 20-year-old Krista Dittmeyer, whose car was found running in a North Conway parking lot Saturday with her child inside.
The pond is a quarter mile across the base of Cranmore Mountain from where Dittmeyer's car was found.
Police are actively searching the shallow snow-making pond. They expanded the scene and pushed back media at about 9 a.m.
The pond is near a child care center at the base of the mountain

Read more:
http://www.wmur.com/news/27686492/detail.html#ixzz1KjbamsRW

Okay. Body found in pond near childcare center.

So if this is Krista, I wonder if anyone connected to her or her baby-daddy has ever worked at that childcare center or left their child there?

(Not accusing anyone or looking for personal info, just wondering!)

That's always a possibility..Baby-daddy's other child & mom do live in town or at least they did when Krista made that post on FB in 2010.

I found this info interesting (snip)

"Her infant’s father, Kyle Acker, 26, of Portland, was arrested in July of last year for two counts of aggravated trafficking of scheduled drugs. He pleaded guilty in November to one count of trafficking in scheduled drugs, possession with intent to distribute. He was sentenced in January to four years in the State Prison in Warren, Maine, where he is now."

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/featured/story/dittmeyer-press-conference-tuesday

This could mean that he was arrested in July, but posted bail/bond to get out on his own recognizance. Krista and KA could have continued dating until he was sentenced in January, which is when her family said they broke up.

~JMO~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member