GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #2

My thoughts and prayers to Krista's family and friends. Krista is def watching over her daughter from heaven. May Krista's family always have and raise this little one. Krista made sure she was found safe and returned to where she belongs.

So, what do people think in regard to the perp? At first I really wondered if it was another like Maura Murray which I always think of as a random, stranger crime (although I could certainly be wrong). But now I am leaning toward an individual known to Krista given the fact that she drove to Conway where she has acquaintances and the location which to me suggests a meeting of some sort as there does not appear to be any normal reason to go to a deserted ski area late on a Saturday night. Of course I guess the crime could still have been committed elsewhere as I suspected earlier with her car driven there where she was placed in the water but that doesn't make a lot of sense ot me as I would think if you drove somewhere for disposal you would have the intention of hiding the body but leaving her car at the same spot meant discovery would occur fairly quickly.

So, I'm thinking she was lured to Conway by someone associated with Conway and known to her well enough that she would drive that distance at night with her daughter.

Right now, I am just hopeful that they quickly apprehend the scum who would do this to a 20 yr old mother with her baby in the car.

Well dang! I was making dinner and I figured I'd miss the presser. I was hoping against hope. Thanks for the recaps.

I've thought all kinds of fantastic scenarios up, but now I'm wondering if that parking lot was a meeting place and she had her lights on to indicate she was there to the person she was meeting? OR, she met there, s*% hit the fan and the perp put the hazards on because they weren't prepared to deal with the baby. They either didn't know she had the baby with her before they began their attack or they didn't care.

Now it's the "duck pond" afterall? I'm almost positive when they drained the 'retention pond' LE said this one did not have to be drained cos it wasn't as "murky" & they were pretty sure she wasn't in there..So, what happened to make them change their mind?

I'm still hoping Krista fell into the pond (& drowned) while running from the perp..It may have been dark out at the time depending on when exactly the incident took place..Anything would be better then a violent murder & possible rape..This pond was only 3 football fields from her car so it's not a really far fetched theory. imho

We should know tomorrow from the autopsy.

Oh, Krista. I didn't know you, but I was hoping you would be found safe.

RIP, Know that your daughter will be in the safe hands of your family.

My prayers for the family and friends of Krista.

Unfortunately that isn't necessarily true. The baby's father is known and would be her next of kin. He theoretically could take the baby when he gets out, could theorically even deny visits with her family. Theorically he could sue for custody right now and say that he wants the child placed elsewhere until his release.

As far as Krista's family right now, they need to be very careful, what they say and do. Both their words and their legal actions. I know they aren't thinking this way right now, but I do hope they begin consulting with an attorney like immediately.

This is so sad. I think of my own baby daughter in her carseat, crying alone, hungry and wondering where her mama went. I cannot believe that people could be so incredibly cruel. I understand that many of these predators don't have a lot respect for women, but what about their own mothers? Didn't they want their mamas love? To know you are leaving a child alone motherless like that, is just horrid?

It reminds me of when my daughter was about the same age and they had this sicko apparently preying on mothers with children in parking lot malls. Some were raped and let go. Others robbed and let go, but not before threatiening the mother with the child's welfare. In the worst case, he killed the mother and her 8 year old daughter. Can't remember the victim's names, but it was in Boca Raton, FL. I was so scared to go the mall alone with my daughter for fear of something like this encountering me. And then I read the story of Ginger Hayes earlier in thread. Now I've just rambled about how horrible people are.

In some ways, you want to believe that the father (in jail) is somehow behind this, because it removes the apparent randomness of the crime. I am pretty sure my husband won't kill me, but I don't know who I might encounter in the next parking lot!

Anyhow, I'm so sorry for this younger mother and sweet baby girl. I am sorry for the poor family of Krista. THe only silver lining I can see is that they found her quickly hopefully preserving some physical evidence and not drawing out the wonder and false hope. This case popped up as I was following Holly Bobo and it just seems like poor Holly's family is in for an eternity of unanswered questions and leads to nowhere.

So, what do people think in regard to the perp? At first I really wondered if it was another like Maura Murray which I always think of as a random, stranger crime (although I could certainly be wrong). But now I am leaning toward an individual known to Krista given the fact that she drove to Conway where she has acquaintances and the location which to me suggests a meeting of some sort as there does not appear to be any normal reason to go to a deserted ski area late on a Saturday night. Of course I guess the crime could still have been committed elsewhere as I suspected earlier with her car driven there where she was placed in the water but that doesn't make a lot of sense ot me as I would think if you drove somewhere for disposal you would have the intention of hiding the body but leaving her car at the same spot meant discovery would occur fairly quickly.

So, I'm thinking she was lured to Conway by someone associated with Conway and known to her well enough that she would drive that distance at night with her daughter.

Right now, I am just hopeful that they quickly apprehend the scum who would do this to a 20 yr old mother with her baby in the car.

I don't get why the perp would leave her body in the same area of the car..It turns out to be very close in fact..It's like begging LE to find her isn't it? :waitasec:

I now believe she was meeting someone there she trusted but as it turns out, sadly, she could not.

Unfortunately that isn't necessarily true. The baby's father is known and would be her next of kin. He theoretically could take the baby when he gets out, could theorically even deny visits with her family. Theorically he could sue for custody right now and say that he wants the child placed elsewhere until his release.

As far as Krista's family right now, they need to be very careful, what they say and do. Both their words and their legal actions. I know they aren't thinking this way right now, but I do hope they begin consulting with an attorney like immediately.

Yes indeed, and this could actually be motive. Although, I have to say that the location would be very conducive to a drug buy/sell. mo

An X-CON could actually get custody of the baby over her family? That would be seen as another 'crime' in my eyes. :banghead:

eta..Has it been cleared up whether it's an "18 month" sentence vs "4 yrs"?

An X-CON could actually get custody of the baby over her family? That would be seen as another 'crime' in my eyes. :banghead:

Unfortunately yes. It has happened in other cases, including some who were in jail awaiting trial for the murder of the mother.

JMO here but there is a difference between an evil monster choosing a young woman as his victim and carrying out the crime and an evil monster choosing to murder a young mother knowing full well that a tiny little child is sitting there in that vehicle all alone, crying for her mother while he snuffs out the young mother's life without any regard at all. This is way beyond evil and this monster needs to be found and executed. This is gut wrenching.

18 month confirmed

As far as guessing about the perp, I can't pick one of the random scenarios floating around my head as they are all weak.

I don't get why the perp would leave her body in the same area of the car..It turns out to be very close in fact..It's like begging LE to find her isn't it? :waitasec:

I now believe she was meeting someone there she trusted but as it turns out, sadly, she could not.

I've been thinking about that. Here is one thing I thought of. Mom had custody of baby. If she "abandoned" the baby under mysterious circumstances, how long would it take before someone else could take custody of the child? How about if she was declared missing? And if found dead? Obviously if she was found dead, then immediately the custody issue can be raised.

Why is baby daddy in jail? Does he pay child support and have visitation?

They are being careful. I believe it was in an interview on the Today show, they were asked about the baby's father who is in prison--whether they thought he could have had something to do with her (then) disappearance even though he was in prison-- and Krista's mother said she would make no comment about him.

Do we know any details about the blood in the car? Where it was, so forth...?

Why is baby daddy in jail? Does he pay child support and have visitation?

They were living together as a family when he went to prison, is my understanding.

eta: Actually, I'd like to know if the father's bust got someone else's dope confiscated... there could be some retribution there. Just a thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back