GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #2

Yes indeed, and this could actually be motive. Although, I have to say that the location would be very conducive to a drug buy/sell. mo

At one time I would probably have agreed with you. But nowadays drug buys, sells are done in peoples homes, on street corners, populated parking lots, parks and everywhere. I don't feel in this day and age that they would feel it necessary to drive to a secluded location.

That's beyond absurd! :banghead:

The court seems to look at it as no matter what he may have done, no matter what he may be accused of doing, he is still the parent of the child and therefore has rights to the child. Unless someone can prove that he will be 'detrimental' to the child itself the court won't remove his rights.

This is why it is so important for the family to get an attorney ASAP re custody of the child.

Why is baby daddy in jail? Does he pay child support and have visitation?

Baby daddy is in Jail for cocaine and marijuana trafficking, his last known address is where Krista lives now. Krista's sister claimed they broke up in Jan. He started his sentence in Jan as well. My opinion is that they only broke it off due to him going to jail. He was arrested in July and plead guilty in November of the previous year.

Do we know any details about the blood in the car? Where it was, so forth...?
Nothing more on the blood that I have seen or heard on sites.

I think it is telling that whoever the killer was for some reason "cared" or was told "not to hurt the baby."

In some ways, you want to believe that the father (in jail) is somehow behind this, because it removes the apparent randomness of the crime.

It also will ensure he'll NEVER get custody of that baby girl..That's a major concern for me right now cos I don't believe he'll change his ways & I want Krista's 'loving' family to raise her.

I don't get why the perp would leave her body in the same area of the car..It turns out to be very close in fact..It's like begging LE to find her isn't it? :waitasec:

I now believe she was meeting someone there she trusted but as it turns out, sadly, she could not.

bolded by me.

Guess I'm thinking along 2 lines--either he was hired from prison by her baby's father, or else it was a crime of passion by someone who had a relationship with her. If it was a crime of passion, where the perp wouldn't have been extremely calculating he was not so much begging LE to find her, just ruled by passion ? And he cared about the baby--or was told not to hurt the baby (if he was a hit man)-- so he tried to leave her in a safe situation. Of course, it isn't safe but might have been the best he could do. Could be he just wasn't that smart--if he was a hit man, he just needed to do the evil deed and get away.

I think it is telling that whoever the killer was for some reason "cared" or was told "not to hurt the baby."

Plumeria5, we must have posted similar thoughts at the same time!! see my previous post....

What a terrible ending to hear. A young girl who didn't get to live to see her daughter grow up. This senseless violence is maddening. When we get more details I guess we will know more about what happened to her. But either way the world lost a great person and a child lost her mommy.:maddening:

Plumeria5, we must have posted similar thoughts at the same time!! see my previous post....

Yes, we are on the same wave length! And, what is funny, I once tried to use Columbo for my screen name and it was already taken!:crazy:

This is so sad. I think of my own baby daughter in her carseat, crying alone, hungry and wondering where her mama went. I cannot believe that people could be so incredibly cruel. I understand that many of these predators don't have a lot respect for women, but what about their own mothers? Didn't they want their mamas love? To know you are leaving a child alone motherless like that, is just horrid?

It reminds me of when my daughter was about the same age and they had this sicko apparently preying on mothers with children in parking lot malls. Some were raped and let go. Others robbed and let go, but not before threatiening the mother with the child's welfare. In the worst case, he killed the mother and her 8 year old daughter. Can't remember the victim's names, but it was in Boca Raton, FL. I was so scared to go the mall alone with my daughter for fear of something like this encountering me. And then I read the story of Ginger Hayes earlier in thread. Now I've just rambled about how horrible people are.

In some ways, you want to believe that the father (in jail) is somehow behind this, because it removes the apparent randomness of the crime. I am pretty sure my husband won't kill me, but I don't know who I might encounter in the next parking lot!

Anyhow, I'm so sorry for this younger mother and sweet baby girl. I am sorry for the poor family of Krista. THe only silver lining I can see is that they found her quickly hopefully preserving some physical evidence and not drawing out the wonder and false hope. This case popped up as I was following Holly Bobo and it just seems like poor Holly's family is in for an eternity of unanswered questions and leads to nowhere.

I remember that case. He increased in his violence I think, over time. Very scary. But I'm getting a Seath Jackson vibe here somehow. I suspect it was planned and she was specifically targeted by someone who viewed her as a threat.

I feel so bad for Krista and her family. Just to imagine that you can say goodnight to your kid and think she's safe, with your grandbaby, only to get a call a few hours later. The anguish on the mom's face and in her voice at the end of the Today show interview, her horror at having to be there pleading for her child to be released, as she had seen others moms plead, never guessing it would next be her and realizing exactly what it mean to be there, doing that - that was horrible to watch. My heart is with her now as her worst fears are confirmed.

And poor Krista. She seemed so full of life. A young mom yet she seemed really into her baby and very happy to have her. To have her life snatched like that, for what?

But the poor baby really gets me. She has been having a hard time every night, restless, crying, wanting mama. And now, she won't get to snuggle in her arms again in her life. That's appalling. Such a little thing without her mama.

An X-CON could actually get custody of the baby over her family? That would be seen as another 'crime' in my eyes. :banghead:

eta..Has it been cleared up whether it's an "18 month" sentence vs "4 yrs"?

Yes, he sure can. Parental rights are very strong. One's rights to parent one's children is a constitutional right. Regardless of whether the parent is an ex-con or not.

The best bet for the grandparents is to immediately go to court to establish guardianship on the grounds that mama is dead and the father incarcerated. Once that occurs, it will be easier to argue later that the child's best interest is served by remaining with her maternal relatives, at least for now, rather than go to a young man who has been absent as a result of criminal activity and who clearly has issues with responsibility and character. Then, if he shows over time that he has cleaned up his act, he can begin to play a greater role. But it will be very difficult and unlikely that his parental rights would ever be terminated. He'll always have the possibility of gaining custody unless he is jailed for life, and even then, he could retain legal custody and/or visitation.

I don't know how involved this young man has been in his baby's life. I don't know if criminal activity is part of a pattern or was a one time screw up. I don't know if he has any involvement in the death of Krista. We'll have to see. But the maternal side should have the baby at least for now, IMO, because he's not there and he's a criminal while they appear responsible and bonded with the poor child. Its is a scary thing to contemplate which is why we should all be very careful who we mate with. I've always contemplated the possibility of me dying and leaving a child, when considering a mate. I shoved a few out the door when thinking about what that would look like.

Krista was a beautiful young woman and Mother. May God bless and keep her baby, family, and friends.

So sad to hear this. Prayers of love and strength to family. Getting ready for NG and to see if her case will on there.<33

At one time I would probably have agreed with you. But nowadays drug buys, sells are done in peoples homes, on street corners, populated parking lots, parks and everywhere. I don't feel in this day and age that they would feel it necessary to drive to a secluded location.

you're right, mysteriew, but I think remote locations still can be a good place for drug deals. Remember that couple who were killed in their car by their passenger on a country road in Ohio fairly recently? Wasn't that a drug deal gone wrong? I can't remember their names, but there was a thread on websleuths. The young man's family thought he was selling vacuum cleaners to finance his college education, and it turned out he was selling drugs.

You are right though; it wouldn't necessarily have been a drug deal.

No, really! I loved that show! Saw Peter Falk's house in Beverly Hills! Very cool!!

No kidding...I loved that show too, it's why I picked the name. I haven't seen Peter Falk's house, though. Cool, we have sort of a bond.

(Sorry to veer off-topic, people. Some break-time relief was needed from this disturbing story....)

was there any mention if the other car that was seized being stolen? what made the cops seize that car?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back