The Most Hated Baby Names in America

I had neighbors whose children were Matthew, Mark, Luke & John..... said no more kids for them, didn't like Acts or Romans & certainly couldn't go with 1 Corinthians.

That was my mothers choices for 4 boys. She had only girls.

Names don't generally bother me. I prefer traditional names.

I once knew a girl named Uranus. She started going by her middle name once she graduated high school because she got tired of the endless questions about why her parents chose the name Uranus.

I named my sons pretty plainly I think, #1 is William for family members passed and Joshua because I've always loved that name and Joshua in the Bible. #2 is Timothy , Family and Bible again, and Ryan because I loved it. I do wish I had reversed their first and middle names because I didn't know what a pain in the butt it would be for them to try to get by in life being called by their middle names.

I'm named after a Nat King Cole song, perhaps you can guess combined with the clue of my nic? lol

I named my sons pretty plainly I think, #1 is William for family members passed and Joshua because I've always loved that name and Joshua in the Bible. #2 is Timothy , Family and Bible again, and Ryan because I loved it. I do wish I had reversed their first and middle names because I didn't know what a pain in the butt it would be for them to try to get by in life being called by their middle names.

My son goes by his middle name, as well. It's family tradition on my husband's side of the family, and I liked it.

It's a bit of a pain for me, though - one time at the doctor's office, the nurse called out my son's first name and I didn't realize she meant it was our turn! :blush:

I share my name with a children's writer, a former First Lady, a controversial talk show host and a General Hospital character. I'm also the topic of several songs (all of them quite sappy).

(respectfully snipped)

There are some names that just don't sit well with me as I immediately envision the person I "knew" with that name.
Same thing here. Some names I won't even give one of my cats! Last year I adopted two male kittens and trying to think of what to name them, chose two names from one of the cases I have been following here - Joey and Gianni. :)

I'm named after a Nat King Cole song, perhaps you can guess combined with the clue of my nic? lol

That's a beautiful name. Someone extremely close to me is named that and my DD's name is a variant of that.

You're Blessed to have that name.

I was named Melanie after Melanie Hamilton in gone with the wind.

Mel

Can my mom adopt you, Mel? She's a "GWTW" freak. You're namesake is all over my house in the form of plates and dolls, and covers. You name it.

My nephew moved down South with his new bride. She says "Finally I'll get a Scarlett". She figures they'll reporduce and have her Scarlett. They just got a dog and named it................Scarlett. A dog! There goes that. Maybe they'll have her a Melanie.

I share my name with a children's writer, a former First Lady, a controversial talk show host and a General Hospital character. I'm also the topic of several songs (all of them quite sappy).

I'm bending my brain... you're not dating a boy named Tommy, are you?

How about ethnic names? Does anyone have an extremely ethnic name or named their children ethnic names?

I want to rename myself Marisol. I think it's a cool name. My friend's sister is Marisol.

My neighbors just had a baby. A boy. Traditionally Italians name their first son after the father's father. Well they did and grandpop was born in Italy. It's a very ethnic name and I love it. Meanwhile some other neighbors are like "WTH?"

I have another male neighbor from Peru. His name in the good ol' US Of A is a females name. This makes my gentleman friend nuts. Too bad. I like it.

Heidi. That's a cool name. I like Gretel as well. Gentleman friends nephew named his girls both those names and this too makes him bonkers. Note he has no children so what does he know?

BTW, my hippy DD has a friend renamed herself "Starship". Her given name is right out of the Bible and her poor Orthodox mom is reeling.

I'm bending my brain... you're not dating a boy named Tommy, are you?

No, not sure who that might be. The men in my alter-egos lives have been Almanzo, George, and Luke.

:waitasec:

[video=youtube;RuGiZaaUaj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuGiZaaUaj8[/video]

This isn't it? I quit watching General Hospital a loooong time ago! LOL, well-- this is a lovely name. :)

My kiddos names are all fairly normal and straight foward..... I think lol

Joseph Daniel (Joey)
Audrey Elizabeth
Sydney Lea ( girl lol, and "lea" is a family name pronounced Lee)

I seriously did not know that Sydney was a boys name until her 2 week check up and my DR mentioned it. lol Oh well, I like it :)

So in my job, I see lots of names everyday. I recently had a class list of names, and politely requested they specify (G) or (B) next to each name, so I would know. Well, I would have been sooooo very wrong if I had tried to guess!!!! A few that I can remember.....

Jordan 1 B and 1 G. Same class
Everrette -G
Emmet-G
Ryan-G
Bailey -B
Jaazmyne-G (really, spelling? ugh! )
Riane-B (pronounced Ryan)

Thats it for now, and this was 1 first grade class, I will try to remember more.... I know there were a few more that made me pause.....

I am, as a rule, not fond of people naming their children after varieties of cheese.

My mom has been doing the whole ancestory thing and found that a great (I don't remember how many great's it was??) grandmother's name was Adaire and I love it so much that if I ever have children and one is a girl, Adaire will at least be the middle name.

I also have so many friends that are from all over the world and I love all their names.

Eyeniht (Venezuela - pronounced "A-an-E")
Timissay (Mexico - pronounced "Tim-ah-sigh")
Silvie - (Czech)
Yolaine (Haiti)
Rabiah (Trinidad - pronounced "Rah-be-ah")
Sharizah (Trinidad - pronounced "Shah-ree-zah")
Alonya (Thailand - pronounced "A-lon-ya")

I could go on and on... I just love names. Amira, Ananda, Estee, Genevieve, Ina, Melina, Smirna, Yamily... etc... All friends of mine.

I do love the name Maylin (May+Lynn) for a girl. One of my friends named her daughter Maomi (instead of Naomi). I thought it was cute.

I need to stop. :floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back