April 29 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her one knee was caked with mud. I found that to be interesting. Still can't believe that Cummings allowed MH to testify to his theory surrounding that.

I totally agree with you, and that theory sounded so plausible.

Yesterday I was talking to a friend of my husband's, a veteran local law enforcement officer and I asked him if he was following the BC trial. He said yes, but only because the CPD botched the case so badly.

A comment about the jury.

I have no idea how they may decide. There was one point where I thought for sure they would go guilty (right after the google search testimony) but now I'm not sure anymore. I think if this stuff about the router doesn't come across clear to them, there are better odds of being hung than anything else. The reason I think that is I go off of what some have said of what they observed in the courtroom.

I have this feeling that there may be more than one who has a hard time relating to NC and that lifestyle. We already know someone works in collections in a night shift, you think they can relate to getting 300 bucks a week for being a SAHM and driving around a BMW? I know a few had mentioned that some in the jury seemed to be annoyed at the chattiness/laughing of KL/HP. I think there are a couple that probably have a real hard time liking NC's friends. They don't like them or what they represent. A majority of them are African American and yet not one friend/neighbor has been black. I believe in this instance it actually hurts the state that there are more women then men on the jury.

I could be totally wrong, it's just a gut feeling I get when I hear about different reports from courtroom observers. Add in the impatience of wanting to go home and you may have a recipe for at least a hung jury if the state doesn't present something that's crystal clear to the jury.

The thing about spousal murder that I hate is that it is automatically assumed that the spouse (mainly the husband) did it. People don't want to look further because the statistics are stacked against them. That's actually another reason I don't think he did it, unless it was an act of rage. But they are using the google map search to point to premeditated murder. I'm much more inclined to believe a rage murder than premeditated. He had to know he would be accused of it with the divorce ongoing, affair, etc. It just doesn't make sense to me that he planned this.

Yep, I agree with you 100%.

A comment about the jury.

I have no idea how they may decide. There was one point where I thought for sure they would go guilty (right after the google search testimony) but now I'm not sure anymore. I think if this stuff about the router doesn't come across clear to them, there are better odds of being hung than anything else. The reason I think that is I go off of what some have said of what they observed in the courtroom.

I have this feeling that there may be more than one who has a hard time relating to NC and that lifestyle. We already know someone works in collections in a night shift, you think they can relate to getting 300 bucks a week for being a SAHM and driving around a BMW? I know a few had mentioned that some in the jury seemed to be annoyed at the chattiness/laughing of KL/HP. I think there are a couple that probably have a real hard time liking NC's friends. They don't like them or what they represent. I believe in this instance it actually hurts the state that there are more women then men on the jury.

I could be totally wrong, it's just a gut feeling I get when I hear about different reports from courtroom observers. Add in the impatience of wanting to go home and you may have a recipe for at least a hung jury if the state doesn't present something that's crystal clear to the jury.

You know, when I dropped by court several weeks ago for a couple of hours I waited by the elevator with KL and HP and they were giggling and laughing the entire time. And then when I finally was able to sit down in the back of the courtroom my attention was drawn to them again because they were sitting together still laughing and giggling (while court was in session). I did note that I thought their demeanor was a little odd so I would not be surprised if they have created a negative impression with a juror or two.

How familiar are you with event logs? What are they typically used to determine? I have NO idea what typically shows up on them.
If you are using a windows computer - Rt. Click on My Computer, then click on Manage, then click on Event Viewer and then Windows Logs. The System log is where this would be logged. If your are using XP it is similar except I think the Windows Logs step will be left out.

Her one knee was caked with mud. I found that to be interesting. Still can't believe that Cummings allowed MH to testify to his theory surrounding that.

Yeah I was blown away that MH got to testify about that, too! I was taken aback and thinking...what's going on...am I hearing this right?

I) Lastly, while not necessary, there is no proof he didn't do it besides that phone call. If the Cisco router info comes into testimony and shows he had the means to place a call to himself.......that's zero.

Actually, there is proof that he didn't do it. Stomach contents, alcohol content, caffeine. All irrefutable physical evidence consistent with her being alive through the night and going out for a run in the morning.

The problem with that scenario is that the address assigned on the Cisco network would be a 10. address. (IMO) The home TWC would be something like 192. address. The laptop would have to first connect to the TWC network before connecting to the VPN. (AIMO)

The IP address can be pretty much what you want it to be. Both the 192.168.x.x and the 10.x.x.x address ranges are set aside for private networks. My home network is configured to use the 10.x.x.x private IP address range.

For me, I can safely remove "wanted his freedom" from the list of motives. There is nothing freeing about taking care of 2 young children (2 and 8 year old girls in my case) by yourself. I have that pleasure this weekend since my wife is at a church retreat. Definitely nothing freeing about it.

Yep, that has been my thought all along. Absolutely no freedom with little kids and a single parent. No ability to do anything without a babysitter lined up. This furthers my thought if he did it, it had to be spur of the moment rage.

MH thought that his theory made sense because he thought the area where she was dumped was gravel. I don't see how her "knee caked with mud" would indicate anything other than her knee hit first when she was thrown in that ditch. MOO

I will freely admit that I was a BDI before I heard any of the testimony and read any of the avidavits, watched any of the depo. Like many others, when hearing she was missing my immediate thought was the husband.

Without hearing any more testimony, rebuttal, closing arguments, at this very moment he is not guilty to me. Not innocent. Not guilty of First Degree Murder. There is a difference in my mind. I don't buy into the theory that he wanted freedom, when he would have to small children to take care of, I don't buy into the theory that it was financial gain, he would have been better off to let Nancy and the children go to Canada. He would have been in NC where the property was, he would have more financial gain by just remaining with the home during the divorce. Sure she would have had custody of the children, but he wanted freedom if you believe that. He didn't have to murder his wife to obtain freedom. Selling the house, ridding themselves of debt, he would have had more expendable money then ever. There is no way, if he had gotten an attorney, NC would have seen all the proceeds from the house AFTER the debt was covered. More than likely, in the end, that divorce would have benefited NC LESS than it would BC financially. I don't buy into the theory about his parenting skills. I wonder honestly, how many of the SAHM mom's that testified to what type of parent he was, also have a golfing, running, workaholic husband that is a great parent. I am not being unkind about that or their lifestyle. It appears there is a lifestyle committment there in Lochmere, its not wrong or right..just what it was.

The computer evidence, totally over my head, but does appear it is not set in stone as irrefutible proof it was done exactly as they say and tampering/system issues dont come into question. The Bug expert, he stated she could have been killed as late as 11am, but most likely between 1am and 6am. Nothing stands out to me so far as premeditation. Was BC the last to see her. Never know. You would have to believe she never went running that morning. Others here on this board have stated they live in the area and there are many runners every day. The necklace/duck/earring were screwbacks just don't even enter my radar. I didn't live there with them. For all I know NC called her realitor was done trying/living and took that necklace off. She got that necklace when things were bad and it meant something to her and possibly even emotional attachment to the marriage. I am not a therapist. I work with numbers day in and day out. Just don't believe that everything is the same every single day. Change is always a part of the equation.I will admit I find it odd several things were located thru Mrs. C, but acknowledge 100% CPD should have searched those boxes, etc.

After all that rambling, for me, he is not guilty of First degree murder. Unless they can proof without a doubt that call was spoofed and they can prove he spoofed it, I don't think my opinion will change. That 6:40 a.m. call is really the thing that will decide this case. IMHO.

Kelly

When Mrs. C said she kept a book she bought for the girls, a game, and some CD's as momentos for BC of the girls (there was one other game or ???), I was struck by the few items that were selected versus all the workout stuff and BC's high school memorabilia.

I realize and appreciate this was a difficult time for Mrs. C. However, I am glad the jury gets to evaluate the truthfulness of the witnesses and discard testimony they do not find viable. Probably mothers should never testify about their children. Ramble, ramble....Perhaps, I need to wait 24 hours after seeing the tape before I say anymore. :banghead:

I was struck by that as well, but they're a quirky family. I see a lot of my mother in Mrs. C. and it is what it is. I could totally see my mom keeping a book and a picture of my kids and that's it. Wouldn't want the clutter in the house and not much of a sentimental type. Doesn't mean she isn't well-intentioned or have love in her heart. It's just they way she is.

I would think the Rentz's maybe wanted more of the photos and such for the girls. Remember, they're assuming BC will rot in prison. Maybe the C's are more optimistic and assume they will have more years for picture taking and mementos with BC and the girls? And, this is the family where BC never met his 1 nephew or didn't remember his name. They're not that close.

I don't think Brad ever intended to keep the girls IMO. His mind was set on France, learning to play the guitar and speak french. It's always been my opinion he would *allow* the Rentz' family to have the children, in Nancy's memory, of course. He'd visit on occasion. MOO MOO

Gracie, do you REALLY believe this? Come on.

I was struck by that as well, but they're a quirky family. I see a lot of my mother in Mrs. C. and it is what it is. I could totally see my mom keeping a book and a picture of my kids and that's it. Wouldn't want the clutter in the house and not much of a sentimental type. Doesn't mean she isn't well-intentioned or have love in her heart. It's just they way she is.

I would think the Rentz's maybe wanted more of the photos and such for the girls. Remember, they're assuming BC will rot in prison. Maybe the C's are more optimistic and assume they will have more years for picture taking and mementos with BC and the girls? And, this is the family where BC never met his 1 nephew or didn't remember his name. They're not that close.

Since the beginning I have thought this. On an emotional 'family' level, these 2 families are on opposite ends of the spectrum. It appears the Rentz's are very family oriented. The C's, not so much. I agree with your sentiment as my mother would be on the same spectrum. She would keep what she 'had' to have and nothing more. She does not find emotional attachment to things as some people do. I think sometimes this area of things is where we get bogged down with personal experiences. And without knowing the players personally can see that it could happen either way. Its difficult to erase personal experience.

Kelly

Mrs. C reminds me soooo much of my own MIL.

MH thought that his theory made sense because he thought the area where she was dumped was gravel. I don't see how her "knee caked with mud" would indicate anything other than her knee hit first when she was thrown in that ditch. MOO

But it does give rise to other plausible scenarios.

Brad Cooper had the same motive Jason Young had. To be rid of wife. One would think that would be pretty obvious. It's not like we haven't had our share. What motive did Ann Miller have to poison Eric.

Life insurance policy on Nancy Cooper: $75,0000
Life insurance policy on Michelle Young: $1,000,000

Is it really the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads