TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBI: even though the amount of agents has been scaled back, this remains an active 'abduction' investigation, with a local command post.

The bolded part of Will's tweet above strikes me as interesting. Fewer agents are working the case now? Wonder why...

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

That's true, we've got that information in here too.

At some point all investigations scale back. IMO "local command post" is a good thing - TBI is settling in locally.

again. not much meat, but a little something.

If they arent doing big, large scale searches, I can see the need/reason to scale back. You dont need 500 people sitting around doing nothing while 100 do the paperwork, phone calls, follow ups, lab work etc.

I kinda doubt now that Holly is alive. Im sure LE probabaly suspects that too and at least has made some shift in their man power and resources to work the case from different angles. To some degree the sense of immediacy shifts from looking for a live person where time is of the utmost essence to going back and doing the behind the scenes stuff... which can often take time.

In another (murder) case I followed closely the case seemed totally dead for a month. There was as little or less info made public as in this case. After the first day or so of media coverage nothing new at all was said and LE said absolutely nothing for a month. Until out of the blue a suspect was announced and he was apprehended a couple of hours later.

Abtuctions usually seem to lead to murder so I can, in my mind, see where an investigation would go based on my own experiences as a victim and survivor.

I just haven't seen an explanation as to why someone who is going to take a prisoner and hold them hostage would dump all of their hostage's possessions along creek beds and roadsides. I'm sorry, but based on the very little we do know, I don't think Holly was or is leaving a trail. I think the perp or an accomplice disposed of Holly's stuff. Why would someone do that if they want to keep the person alive?

Perhaps that was part of their 'plan' and they think that they are leading LE on a wild goose chase while HB is stashed either nearer to her house or in the opposite direction of the evidence trail.

Perhaps that was part of their 'plan' and they think that they are leading LE on a wild goose chase while HB is stashed either nearer to her house or in the opposite direction of the evidence trail.

Maybe, but I still think leaving nothing of hers to be found anywhere would have been a better plan.

I'm wondering if the perp didn't originally intend to cause her great physical harm or death, but he did, and then he panicked and had to get rid of her possessions quickly.

Here's an interesting article from a decade ago about current Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt, and what-all he's been through in his career in LE. It takes serious dedication, as well as faith, to keep policing after having been shot in the line of duty:

Policeman/pastor counts miracles while recovering from shooting (Baptist Press)

As several people have pointed out, this is a really great link. Since this started, I've been a huge fan of how Roy Wyatt has addressed the media, how he presents the investigation and attempts to disseminate the most accurate information. He seems genuinely compassionate toward the family and you can tell he wants to find the victim as much as the family does.

Part of me thinks that if it weren't for Sheriff Wyatt addressing the news early on, the thousands of volunteers would not have showed up, there would be no lunch box, duct tape or cell phone found and the TBI would have much less evidence.

Sheriff Wyatt is doing good work, and doing his best to inform the public.

I went back over the tbi page looking for anything I hadnt seen before. I remember when people were posting RSOs many threads ago, but at the time the RSO site was acting wonky when I tried to use it. So anyway I put in the 5 mile and I saw some dudes, most I had looked at already. Mostly Im looking for dudes with history of multiples and violent.

So anyway none of these guys are giving me a vibe so I back off a little and start looking at the dudes farther out than the 5 miles it allows you to search on parsons. Then I find this guy:
http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/sorint/sordetailart.aspx?htid=00084820

Now Im not laying any guilt on this guy, and Im sure the police have looked at him hard. This guy is frightening due to the history, and then I plotted him on a map. I thought from the 1st look that he was above I40, but this guy lives like just up the road and around the corner from where the lunch container was found.

Someone suggests we go re-look at RSOs and this comes up for me.

Anyway I sort of dismissed RSOs because I figured LE could get after them for questioning etc really easily (maybe Im wrong).

This is probably old news for you guys, but thought Id post it anyway.

Actually, there is him and another RSO that live right near each other (within 1/2 mile) on that road. I'd looked at them as a possibility very early on in the case due to all of the evidence and the search areas trending in that direction.

You'll find a post from me about the 2nd-4th threads talking about the 2 RSOs that live near each other.

What caused me to lower this on my probability chart is the evidence and the search areas started trending Southward down 69. Before the first weekend, EVERYTHING I knew when plotted on a map would almost draw an arrow directly to these two guys' houses.

Eery.

Originally Posted by shefner
greengreen, I live in a small town of 5500 people. I know how tight knit communities operate. I know you have mentioned how quiet it has been there for a few days among the locals....but is there any pressure being applied to certain persons or families who may have refused to have their properties searched?
"Pressure" can come in lots of ways....but in small communities it often is applied as shunning.
Do you have any sense of that?

I haven't seen any of the families since this happened. I do believe there has been pressure in various forms.

I keep thinking about this.

"To me, the blood at the scene, 2 rather immediate 911 calls from Holly's brother and someone else, the reported screams in the woods, and the fact that Holly's belongings have been discarded all over the county lead me to believe that she's not alive."

No mention has been made of a purse or book bag. It would seem somewhat hopeful if the perp has allowed her keep personal items like what women keep in their purses (combs, brushes, makeup, etc.).

And I don't recall hearing of any schoolwork being found. I find that interesting.

"To me, the blood at the scene, 2 rather immediate 911 calls from Holly's brother and someone else, the reported screams in the woods, and the fact that Holly's belongings have been discarded all over the county lead me to believe that she's not alive."

No mention has been made of a purse or book bag. It would seem somewhat hopeful if the perp has allowed her keep personal items like what women keep in their purses (combs, brushes, makeup, etc.).

And I don't recall hearing of any schoolwork being found. I find that interesting.

Yes, that would be a hopeful sign, but it is very possible that LE has found other items of Holly's that they have not informed the media about nor the public. LE has searched many times on their own. They may have found other items. Time will tell I guess.

Maybe, but I still think leaving nothing of hers to be found anywhere would have been a better plan.

I'm wondering if the perp didn't originally intend to cause her great physical harm or death, but he did, and then he panicked and had to get rid of her possessions quickly.

You are right on the 'better plan' part. I think our perp made a plan and worked the plan. Part of his plan was to spread her things over a wide area to keep LE searching. In his mind, I'm sure he felt quite devious.

That's the problem with this case ... we haven't heard of ANYTHING being found (other than the lunch case). They could have found her books, her purse, her school paperwork, her clothes and everything else and we just don't know it because they haven't released any information.

Missing student's family wants property searches
Posted: May 03, 2011 12:48 PM CDT
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The family of missing nursing student Holly Bobo is pleading with people to search their property in an effort to find the woman who is believed to have been abducted outside her Tennessee home by a man dressed in camouflage.

The family released the plea in a statement sent to the media on Tuesday, nearly three weeks after Holly Bobo's April 13 disappearance.
---
a bit more at News2 Nashville link above

Why hasn't LE been asking people to search their properties for weeks now?

Why hasn't LE been asking people to search their properties for weeks now?

Do we know they haven't? On a logical/evidence and investigation direction-based basis?

Interesting the request as stated is from the family rather than LE... I have to think about that...or maybe we wait for more ... MSM "facts".

Or hope a local chimes in. :wave:

Per Will read from bottom to top:
willnunley Will Nunley
The statement was released to a source or reporter within the Associated Press. The letter was then released to us, as an AP member station.
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
willnunley Will Nunley
"Holly Bobo's Family" <end of verbatim> #hollybobo

willnunley Will Nunley
"..and ears open and search your own property. Please pray for Holly's strength and everyone who is still searching for our precious Holly"
willnunley Will Nunley
..and work must go on, but ours never will, until Holly is back with us. Please continue to pray for Holly's safe return, keep your eyes...
willnunley Will Nunley
"Thanks for your search efforts, donations, and especially your prayers for Holly and our family. I know everyone's daily life, routines...
22 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
willnunley Will Nunley
"We could never thank everyone enough for all the kindness that has been shown to our family during this difficult time" #hollybobo Pt. 1
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
willnunley Will Nunley
Here is the statement, verbatim from the Bobo Family: (following tweets)

willnunley Will Nunley
This statement is said to have come from the Bobo family and relayed through the 'family spokesman'. #hollybobo
33 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
willnunley Will Nunley
The statement was not released to any television or radio outlets, nor was it released directly to me. Still wondering why.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply »
willnunley Will Nunley
The family of Holly Bobo has released a statement today to the Associated Press. I will be tweeting it in moment. #hollybobo
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Do we know they haven't? On a logical/evidence and investigation direction-based basis?

Interesting the request as stated is from the family rather than LE... I have to think about that...or maybe we wait for more ... MSM "facts".

Or hope a local chimes in. :wave:

It seems as though we would know if they have...they have said so little, and whatever they have said, has made the news in various forms, or twitter by WN. I've never heard/read that they said anything like this, just the stuff about people washing cars, etc...

Still tweeting...

TBI: 'we have covered a lot of ground' and State agents remain in the area.
41 seconds ago

willnunley Will Nunley
TBI: No publicly organized searches are in the works at this time. Investigators continue to serach only specific areas of interest.
1 minute ago

willnunley Will Nunley
The statement was released to a source or reporter within the Associated Press. The letter was then released to us, as an AP member station.
3 minutes ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members