Broken/open window discovery-a lie?

If you go to the following link, there are some crime scene photos (not new) the site has a magnifying option that lets you enlarge the photos. It’s the closest, clearest and largest Ive ever seen. Its well worth the visit. Some of you most likely have already been there. I should say there are only three photos 1. The wine cellar door before Jonbenet was found… 2. PRs paint caddy, with broken brush…. 3. The garrote…. However, the article sucked…

http://www.acandyrose.com/03202000newsweek.jpg

Wonder, I have some things that I found and after rereading this thread, I thought I would share them with you... Every snip I am about to post can be found at this link (http://www.acandyrose.com/lousmit.htm) and from there each snip has a link to the full article/transcript...

Couric: “There were reports that there were red fibers found on JonBenet that matched a sweater Patsy Ramsey was wearing.”

Smit: “Patsy Ramsey was sitting on the same blanket, probably, that night, when she changed JonBenet’s clothing."

(How does a mother put pants on her sleeping child while sitting down? Lou, should have asked his own wife about this, before he told this “probably” lie…..

“Smit: “Well, there’s a couple of good reasons for not taking a ransom note into the house. If you’re caught, for instance, taking in a ransom note, you have it in your pocket when you come into the house, for instance, and there’s an alarm that goes in or the police check the house or somebody sees you, it’s pretty obvious what your plan would have been.”

Smit: “That’s a very important part of this too. And that, I think, shows that the person who was writing this note had plenty of time to do it. And it starts off with “Dear Mr. And - ” and it starts the word M on Mrs. Then it stopped. Between that practice note and the ransom note, by looking at the torn out pieces of the - of the ransom note, I believe there was close to six pages that are missing. Those pages are not found in the house either, Katie.”

(Let me get this straight. The intruder was worried about being caught with the 2 ½ page RN while he/they were breaking in. However, the 6 page practice RN wasn’t an issue, even though he/they were leaving a murder scene? Uhh, yeah, okay, think I may need another glass of that kool aid Lou.

Smit: “The main thing you learn as a detective when you go into a crime scene, is you always try to get an interview with the people that are there. If you find a body, and you realize that there’s a homicide that occurred, you always bring them into the station. If you find evidence that they’d been involved in a violent death and they have marks or bruises on them, that goes to their guilt. But if you find that they don’t have these things, it also goes to their innocence.”

Couric: “And you do it separately? You separate them?”

Smit: “Yes. And you take all their clothing. And you interview them separately. That’s the time to do it.”

Couric: “Why wasn’t that done?”

Smit: “I don’t know. Somebody made a decision not to do that.”

Couric: “In fairness to the Boulder Police Department though, they did try on several occasions reportedly to get the Ramseys to be interviewed down at the police station, and the Ramseys reportedly refused. I mean if I were a parent and I want to find out who murdered my child, God forbid, I would do everything in my power to help the police solve the case.”

Smit: “Yes Katie. But you would also go by what your lawyers advised you to do.”

Couric: “Do you think their lawyers did them a disservice in some ways by protecting them too much, at least in the court of public opinion?”

Smit: “Yes, in the court of public opinion that is the perception. But from the lawyers’ perception is that they were trying to keep their clients out of jail. That was their main focus was to protect their clients. Their main focus was not public perception.”

(If they were not guilty Lou, why did lawyers need to keep them out of jail?

Carol McKinley: These are pictures Lou Smit wants the world to see. They are early crime scene and autopsy photographs taken by the Boulder police and the Boulder County coroner's office in late Dec 1996, right after JonBenét's body was found. JonBenet's empty bed and bedroom, a footprint on the basement floor, a cord embedded in her neck.

Lou Smit: I've been very reluctant to show these photographs.

Carol McKinley: But Smit says he's releasing them now because they point to JonBenet's killer. He took the pictures without permission when he resigned from the investigation 2.5 yrs ago. Boulder authorities sued to get them back but Smit won the right to keep them. His decision to go public angers case investigators who want to keep these images sealed.

Bill Ritter: This is an investigation that you could still pick up tomorrow and work and the less the public knows about intimate details more likely you are to apprehend the killer or killers.

Lou Smit: I don't blame them a bit Carol. I think that if somebody interfered in my case I think that I'd probably be angry too.

(Lou, stole the pictures! Sorry but all his credibility just flew out the window, as far as I am concerned. He does not gain my respect. A criminal act, to support another criminal act how disgusting and now I suppose we are to believe that he would steal something, but he wouldn’t lie or help to cover up a crime.. Kiss my grits you pack of criminals!!!!!!

Lou Smit, the most experienced murder detective to investigate the crime, admits that revealing secret police evidence is the hardest thing he has ever done, but justice for JonBenét demands it.

(So let me get this straight, its only wrong to give out info if you’re not on the Rs spin team? Hypocrites and criminals!!!

Erin Moriarty: "No expert could eliminate Patsy Ramsey as the ransom note writer. That's damning isn't it?"

Lou Smit: "No not at all. You're always going to have similarities in handwriting. To sit down and write a note like that, with all of those details in there after brutally killing your daughter, you never done that before, come on, give me a break."

(Yet, no one else’s was similar, just Patsy’s. How does that work Lou? I know he cant answer but boy if he could!

November 12, 2002 - Larry King Live interview with Lin Wood

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

Lou Smit: "I know you're a Christian, John. Would you swear to God you didn't do this?"

John Ramsey: "I swear to God I didn't do it. I swear to God."

(And that’s all Lou needed, an “I swear to God.” Wonder if he asked the Patster if she would swear to God?

I tell you, Agatha: I'm not one to exult in the death of another (the recently-deceased Osama bin Laden being the exception! WAHOO!). But I can't help but wonder what this case would be like if Lou Smit had never worked on it at all.

I tell you, Agatha: I'm not one to exult in the death of another (the recently-deceased Osama bin Laden being the exception! WAHOO!). But I can't help but wonder what this case would be like if Lou Smit had never worked on it at all.

Dave, did it seem as if I was exulting LS death? I truly did not mean it to sound that way and after rereading my post, I dont feel that I sounded that way. My initial response was to apologise and then I realized that perhaps I was being read wrong or reading your post wrong, I dont know which. I would never feel joy at LS death, no matter how I feel about his handling of the JBR case.

If I read your post wrong I apologise. However, if I was read wrong let me set the record straight, what LS did during this case while alive does deserve criticism, but in no way do I feel he deserved to die for having his own opinion and/or agenda.....

Now for Bin Laden there is a soul that deserved his judgement day!!!! Long live the Navy Seals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the post Agatha, very informative.

The one thing that stands out on my first reading is the explanation for why an intruder wouldn't take a ransom note into the house.

What a pile of garbage.

If an intruder is found in the house, is he somehow more legitimate if he ISN'T carrying a ransom note?

"It's okay, I broke into your house, but I don't have a note so I'll just see myself out."
WTF?
I've heard many instances of people getting shot for far less in the USA.
Knock at the door on Halloween springs to mind. 12 year old trick or treater shot dead.
But you know, he didn't have a ransom note.

Or say it WAS someone known to the family who could have had some legitimate reason for being in the house. Are they then going to frisk them for a ransom note?

The DA may have been "floored" by Lou Smit's arrest record, but it's clear they were "flawed" after he got involved in the JBR case.

Thanks for the post Agatha, very informative.

The one thing that stands out on my first reading is the explanation for why an intruder wouldn't take a ransom note into the house.

What a pile of garbage.

If an intruder is found in the house, is he somehow more legitimate if he ISN'T carrying a ransom note?

"It's okay, I broke into your house, but I don't have a note so I'll just see myself out."
WTF?
I've heard many instances of people getting shot for far less in the USA.
Knock at the door on Halloween springs to mind. 12 year old trick or treater shot dead.
But you know, he didn't have a ransom note.

Or say it WAS someone known to the family who could have had some legitimate reason for being in the house. Are they then going to frisk them for a ransom note?

The DA may have been "floored" by Lou Smit's arrest record, but it's clear they were "flawed" after he got involved in the JBR case.

LS contradicted himself and got away with it. It makes no sense. The intruder didnt want to bring a note in because he feared what LE would think if he was caught. Yet this intruder felt comfortable leaving the 2 1/2 page RN at the murder scene, with the 6 pages of practice note in his pocket.

Didnt anyone back then find this odd or question it? I mean Poop on a stick, what the heck was going on?

I think some people should be in real trouble here and yet no one is. Someone here not long ago said they think that LS had something on the DA and I agree. I would even bet, he had something on them all.

Dave's right, one cant help but wonder at how things might have turned out had LS never been involved.

Had something on the DA.....I think I said that about John Ramsey in a different thread ;)

Dave, did it seem as if I was exulting LS death?

No, but I was afraid that it might seem that I was.

I truly did not mean it to sound that way and after rereading my post, I dont feel that I sounded that way.

I don't think so either. I was speaking for me.

Like I said before, llama: at what point does conspiracy theory become conspiracy fact?

Funny that mention that Dave, I just mentioned that to Roy, in another thread! It is a fact or this would have been solved an eon ago... Ask AH about Karma caused by this conspiracy theory (Not making light of his tragedy. I just happen to feel that Karma gives back what was given and in the same doses....

Funny that mention that Dave, I just mentioned that to Roy, in another thread! It is a fact or this would have been solved an eon ago... Ask AH about Karma caused by this conspiracy theory (Not making light of his tragedy. I just happen to feel that Karma gives back what was given and in the same doses....

So true, Agatha. If you really think about it, there has already been a lot of Karma meted out to the players in this farce. Lots of folks dying way too soon. Wanna hear something funny? I was reading some old posts on another board and a poster actually started a thread about the pity she had for the Ram's because they lost everything they had and all their money defending themselves in this case! She claimed they were literally destitute! Brought tears to my eyes, I'll tell ya that much. I'm trying to leave out the fact that they are tears of laughter! :floorlaugh:

No, but I was afraid that it might seem that I was.

I don't think so either. I was speaking for me.

tHEN, LIKE I said, I owe you an apology... :whiteflag: Im sorry for misunderstanding. Dave, you didnt sound like you were lauding any ones death (except Osama and well didnt we all in some way?

Surely no one feels sorry for OBL. After all if we are to believe the garbage he taught his followers, we sent him to paradise with many virgins! It would be interesting to know what he thinks about that right now.

So true, Agatha. If you really think about it, there has already been a lot of Karma meted out to the players in this farce. Lots of folks dying way too soon. Wanna hear something funny? I was reading some old posts on another board and a poster actually started a thread about the pity she had for the Ram's because they lost everything they had and all their money defending themselves in this case! She claimed they were literally destitute! Brought tears to my eyes, I'll tell ya that much. I'm trying to leave out the fact that they are tears of laughter! :floorlaugh:

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! :lol:

What I understood about that interview with John was this:

John told Lou Smit that he moved a chair blocking the train room, entered, left and put the chair back.

The pre-discovery picture of the train room door shows a drum table with easter basket on top blocking it.

What came first, the drum table or the chair?

i'll tell you what came first.....a need to find (fabricate) evidence of an intruder entrance and/or exit.

;)

Since this thread deals with the broken window, Im going to ask my question here. The door near to the grate and basement window, is that the door to the butlers pantry? For some reason Im confused on which door that is..

TIA

Since this thread deals with the broken window, Im going to ask my question here. The door near to the grate and basement window, is that the door to the butlers pantry? For some reason Im confused on which door that is..

TIA
It’s actually on the other side of the house. Have a look at the first two pages of the following thread:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94059"]Right, shut your face and do as I tell you - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It’s actually on the other side of the house. Have a look at the first two pages of the following thread:
Right, shut your face and do as I tell you - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Again, I owe you a huge thank you. Reading that thread not only gave me the answer, it gave me more questions (LOL).. Since it late and I have pancakes to make early in the morning I'll only ask one. Okay, maybe two (LOL)

Why was JF, lying.. I know that no one but he can answer that. Its a question I have nonetheless...

Am I the only one that thinks its odd, that he chose to go to the door by the window well the supposed intruder broke into?

Oh and Cynic, I laughed so hard I cried when you called JF John "Eagle Eye" Fernie.. OMG, that was to freaking funny..

Again I thank you friend for all your help and information.. Maybe, LE should call you, DeeDee, Dave, and UK in to help solve this thing.... Two days tops and its a wrap...:bedtime::eek:fftobed::shush:

Weren't there two doors? One was the Butlers pantry door, the other the dining room door?

Why would John Fernie try to enter through the Butlers Pantry door when it was well known to family and friends that they enter through the hallway door.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back