CA- Mummified Playboy Playmate found

peeples

Reaction score
Poor old lady :(

http://www.fox8.com/news/nationworld/sns-rt-people-playmaten02264505-20110503,0,6321217.story

The house was owned by Yvette Vickers,

Vickers, born Yvette Vedder in Kansas City, Missouri, was
variously described as being either 82 or 74. She was briefly
married twice during the 1950s.

Her film credits include 1958's "Attack of the 50 Foot
Woman" and 1959's "Attack of the Giant Leeches." Her last
feature role was in a 1990 horror called "Evil Spirits."

I have a pic of the "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" poster somewhere. I'll find it and post it.

:rose: Rest In Peace :rose:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/cel...ains.actress/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

L.A. coroner investigating if mummified remains are those of actress
By Michael Martinez, CNN
May 3, 2011 6:52 p.m. EDT

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Los Angeles County authorities are trying to confirm if mummified remains discovered in a home are those of actress Yvette Vickers, who starred in the 1950s cult horror movies "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" and "Attack of the Giant Leeches," the coroner's office said Tuesday.

Vickers, 82, was also a Playboy Playmate centerfold in July 1959, a Playboy magazine spokeswoman said Tuesday. The magazine was first published in December 1953, the spokeswoman said....

:sick:

I have the dvd of the 'Giant Leeches' movie somewhere (I sell books and dvds, cd's etc). Never watched it, though. Sad way to go, really. Although, I don't know. I live surrounded by books and junk and am totally happy. Mind you, I have a wife, two daughters, four dogs, to share my rambling old place. Kind of makes a difference. I tell you, if the Seals came after me, they'd spend more than forty minutes trying to find me. And if MY wife charged em, like Osama's did, there would be some very frightened Seals!

I have the dvd of the 'Giant Leeches' movie somewhere (I sell books and dvds, cd's etc). Never watched it, though. Sad way to go, really. Although, I don't know. I live surrounded by books and junk and am totally happy. Mind you, I have a wife, two daughters, four dogs, to share my rambling old place. Kind of makes a difference. I tell you, if the Seals came after me, they'd spend more than forty minutes trying to find me. And if MY wife charged em, like Osama's did, there would be some very frightened Seals!

BBM

I didn't hear about that. How much did she charge them?

So sad that NO ONE missed her for a year!?!

That's exactly what I thought when I read the first article about this yesterday on People.com. She could have been dead up to a year and the neighbor JUST checked on her now because she noticed the mail was piling up? Really a strange story and a very sad end for her..

I have a pic of the "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" poster somewhere. I'll find it and post it.

:rose: Rest In Peace :rose:

Attackofthe50ftwoman.jpg

Awwww, noooo...not the 50 Foot Woman! I loved that movie as a kid. I used to play act the role, but in my version she got together with the Amazing Colossal Man.

Rest in Peace, Ms. Vickers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back