TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Bonnie. Here's the quote from the full transcript from CNN:

JOE GOMEZ, KTRH: Right, Deborah. Well, we know this man must have some profound knowledge of the wooded area surrounding Holly`s home. I mean, we understand this man was dressed in a camouflage outfit as he was leading Holly into the woods. That implies he may be a hunter or at least some sort of naturalist that has a lot of knowledge about the wooded area. Now, we`ve only found a lunchbox belonging to Holly with blood stains on it. That was eight miles away from the house near a creek. That the only trace of Holly.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/19/ng.01.html

I kinda figured you would be the one with the answers! :) Now I am confused. Was it the reporter or the FBI or TBI guy that was there that said:

"00:04:13 We found a lunch box belong tholy with blood stains on it".

Regarding the find of Holly's "lunch bag"...

Here's what a very quick search pulls up:
http://www.thefind.com/apparel/info-purse-style-lunch-tote

Do we know what size/type this bag was? Were there lunch-type items found inside?

Oh my gosh. On page two my eye immediately went to a green tote with a bamboo handle. I was thinking, 'gee, that one is cute.' Then I noticed it's available on BOBOwrap.com! :crazy:

Is this part of a network of missing women?
Is this a "game" of geocaching them for others to find?
I have a strong feeling Holly is still alive.
JMO

SBM

Snowinmemphis, I've seen you mention geocaching before - was it said that the perp, or Holly & family are geocachers? I feel like I've missed something. Thanks!

I kinda figured you would be the one with the answers! :) Now I am confused. Was it the reporter or the FBI or TBI guy that was there that said:

"00:04:13 We found a lunch box belong tholy with blood stains on it".

Unfortunately, the dashbord or dash live, I forget, transcript is somewhat inaccurate. If you look at CNNs transcript, it's actually a reporter saying that and assuming a lot. Here is the entire quote:

"NORVILLE: Also covering the case is Joe Gomez. He`s a reporter with KTRH radio. Local law enforcement, Joe, has been joined by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, by the federal Bureau of Investigation, and we`re told that they are trying to draw up a profile. What can you tell us about the sort of individual who was seen leading Holly away from her home?

JOE GOMEZ, KTRH: Right, Deborah. Well, we know this man must have some profound knowledge of the wooded area surrounding Holly`s home. I mean, we understand this man was dressed in a camouflage outfit as he was leading Holly into the woods. That implies he may be a hunter or at least some sort of naturalist that has a lot of knowledge about the wooded area. Now, we`ve only found a lunchbox belonging to Holly with blood stains on it. That was eight miles away from the house near a creek. That the only trace of Holly."

There was talk in previous posts about what type of job would have different hours other than 8-5. One that wasn't mentioned was a long-haul trucker.
Maybe they have a friend or family member that lives in or close to the area that they stay with between or during trips and that is how they became familiarized. Maybe they would have saw HB at some point too.
The only way that, in my mind, could be possible is if someone else was involved. One to kidnap HB and the other waiting to drive the truck away. The long-haul trucker would then just move on with his deliveries. Nothing out of the norm to need to leave the area. I wonder if anyone knows of a trucker who was around that day, and then left as well. The park would be a good place to have their truck because their excuse for being there could be they were getting a nap in. Also, that park (I think it was Natchez Trace??) looks large, and I'm sure there is a good possibility they could have been the only one there at the time. Finally, the time has come up many times as being important. I wonder if this was the "window of opportunity" for a lack of a better word. Would certainly explain why nothing has since come to light, and she hasn't been found.
:waitasec:

Sorry for the ramblings.....my mind thinks faster than I type!! :crazy: I keep getting timed out and have to re log in...driving me nuts!!

Unfortunately, the dashbord or dash live, I forget, transcript is somewhat inaccurate. If you look at CNNs transcript, it's actually a reporter saying that and assuming a lot. Here is the entire quote:

"NORVILLE: Also covering the case is Joe Gomez. He`s a reporter with KTRH radio. Local law enforcement, Joe, has been joined by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, by the federal Bureau of Investigation, and we`re told that they are trying to draw up a profile. What can you tell us about the sort of individual who was seen leading Holly away from her home?

JOE GOMEZ, KTRH: Right, Deborah. Well, we know this man must have some profound knowledge of the wooded area surrounding Holly`s home. I mean, we understand this man was dressed in a camouflage outfit as he was leading Holly into the woods. That implies he may be a hunter or at least some sort of naturalist that has a lot of knowledge about the wooded area. Now, we`ve only found a lunchbox belonging to Holly with blood stains on it. That was eight miles away from the house near a creek. That the only trace of Holly."

Thank you. I got the impression that they were all there together for the interview. I am still left believing there were blood stains on the lunch box....? Do YOU believe there were blood stains on the lunch box?

I mentioned before that they were getting the details jumbled up and transposed. Like yes they found blood and yes a lunch bag but the blood was not on the lunch bag.

What is odd though, is that episode of the NG show with Deborah Norville filling in is the ONLY episode of her show to feature Holly. I dont think she was ever on the JVM show either. Given these two focus on this kind of stuff all the time (and even beat some cases into the dirt like Casey Anthony) it got hardly a whisper. NG promised a show and hyped it by mentioning cell phone pings and text messages but that show never aired after the weekend ads for it. Kinda strange.

Aside from Fox, HLN etc there is not a lot of mainstream media coverage on the evening crime shows. At one time Greta Van Susteren would have had it on, but shes gone back to politics.

Thank you. I got the impression that they were all there together for the interview. I am still left believing there were blood stains on the lunch box....? Do YOU believe there were blood stains on the lunch box?

myself no... and its a bag not a box... the term box is another one of those inaccurate statements that lingers on...

If there were blood on the box I dont think it would mean anything per se anyway. We know someone was bleeding at the house in some amount. Since no blood evidence has been released to the public just knowing there is/was blood on something doesnt really tell us anything at all.

If it were a trucker he would have had to have spent some time casing the house and the surrounding woods based on so many statements made by the family, LE and locals. Most truckers are on a schedule and dont take long breaks for fun but rather becuase they have to. Not sure a trucker would go to a park. The state parks around here dont allow semi trucks and you have to pay to get in. Not that a trucker is a bad idea... but im not sure how he would do it. I can see if Holly had gone missing near a big truck stop off the interstate or something like that.

There was talk in previous posts about what type of job would have different hours other than 8-5. One that wasn't mentioned was a long-haul trucker.
Maybe they have a friend or family member that lives in or close to the area that they stay with between or during trips and that is how they became familiarized. Maybe they would have saw HB at some point too.
The only way that, in my mind, could be possible is if someone else was involved. One to kidnap HB and the other waiting to drive the truck away. The long-haul trucker would then just move on with his deliveries. Nothing out of the norm to need to leave the area. I wonder if anyone knows of a trucker who was around that day, and then left as well. The park would be a good place to have their truck because their excuse for being there could be they were getting a nap in. Also, that park (I think it was Natchez Trace??) looks large, and I'm sure there is a good possibility they could have been the only one there at the time. Finally, the time has come up many times as being important. I wonder if this was the "window of opportunity" for a lack of a better word. Would certainly explain why nothing has since come to light, and she hasn't been found.
:waitasec:

Sorry for the ramblings.....my mind thinks faster than I type!! :crazy: I keep getting timed out and have to re log in...driving me nuts!!

If the blood on the lunch box bit only comes from the NG show, and it was not someone from LE on to discuss the case (I mean LE involved in the case) I would be very wary. The reporter that was on when they did talk about Holly was extremely dramatic and played for effect like a clown.

If it were a trucker he would have had to have spent some time casing the house and the surrounding woods based on so many statements made by the family, LE and locals. Most truckers are on a schedule and dont take long breaks for fun but rather becuase they have to. Not sure a trucker would go to a park. The state parks around here dont allow semi trucks and you have to pay to get in. Not that a trucker is a bad idea... but im not sure how he would do it. I can see if Holly had gone missing near a big truck stop off the interstate or something like that.

Thanks, wasn't sure how the state parks are in TN as I don't live or never even been to the midwest. I knew it was a far fetched idea, but thought I would put it out there.

>>TBI link: http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/missing_children/miss_child.shtml<<

I'm glad you asked this. I know I've run into more that fit on this list, but I was thinking about this the other day when looking at tbi missing persons list. I was struck by how many they had in the last year, the date similarities, and the "unknown" quality of several of them.BTW they have missing person's over 18 list but Holly is not on it.

I know I've also seen some elsewhere. I dont think tbi's page is a comprehensive list, and especially not including "people over 18". It would be great to look through newspaper "missing person/adducted person/found person" google searches and see how many we can put on this list.

>Edit/Ad< Also worth looking at each one of these to see what news there was initially. Sadly on 1st I checked Brittany Mabry, there is absolutely no news about it (wow!). Its like these kids are assumed runaway and nothing is said!!!

Here's a start. I put them in chronological order. I only selected the one's from the last year and a half. It would be interresting to start making a master file adding to this, as well as a master list of "known info" as grandmaj suggested (I might try to help with that too).

Dovie Elizabeth Bright
Missing Since: 03/25/2010
Details:Dovie Elizabeth Bright was last seen at her residence in Johnson City, TN where she recentlyrelocated to from Knoxville, TN. Dovie left a note stating that she was running away. Dovie took clothing in a black and white bag with a rabbit on it and a pink backpack. Dovie's father has received information that she may be in the company of an 18 year old and an older Hispanic male.
**Looks like Holly(have to look at poster shows 2 pics). Circumstances seem runaway, but not clear.

BRITTANY MABRY
Missing: July 2, 2010
Age Missing: 14
Brittany was last seen on July 2, 2010 at approximately 9:30 p.m. at her residence in Nashville, Tennessee. Brittany was last seen wearing a pink tank top, pink jogging pants and grey flip flops. She has long curly hair and tattoos on both arms.
**Not rural, but otherwise similar to Holly's case.
**No news articles for follow up details.

ATALAYAH CHAMICE TAYLOR
Missing: October 19, 2010
Age Missing: 15
Atalayah was last seen wearing a black jacket and light colored blue jeans. Atalayah is possibly in the East Nashville, Tennessee area.
**Not rural, different race (doesnt technically matter since we have no profile).

HANNAH GROVES
Missing: February 6, 2011
Age Missing: 17
Hannah was last seen at a mall in the Memphis, Tennessee area. Hannah was wearing a brown leather jacket trimmed in fur with an orange hood, a shirt, tan pants and tan boots with fur trim.
**Not rural, but otherwise similar to Holly's case.
**Indications she was from "childrens home", had issues with disappearance previous(Hannah Groves, 14, Missing [FOUND SAFE] Since 6/7/08, Henderson, TN - Help Find The Missing)

MAEGAN LEE ALLEN
Missing: April 8, 2011
Age Missing: 16
Maegan was last seen wearing a white shirt, black jacket and black pants or skirt with black shoes. She may be with Austin Sevegny in the Manchester, Tennessee area.
**Hinting she ran away with boy, but still missing, and similar in looks to Holly.
**Missing boy Austin Paul Sevigny potentially linked with this girl
They are looking at older cases, as well.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27708018/detail.html

If the blood on the lunch box bit only comes from the NG show, and it was not someone from LE on to discuss the case (I mean LE involved in the case) I would be very wary. The reporter that was on when they did talk about Holly was extremely dramatic and played for effect like a clown.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate you sharing your perception of this interview. Living out here, the only option that I have for internet is satellite - the bandwidth is restricted and limited, and does all kinds of crazy things when I ATTEMPT to watch a video.

So much is lost without being able to HEAR the voices and see the body language, etc.

You know, talking about state parks...

I go to Hillsborough River State park quite often. Its a big wilderness park East of Tampa. Actually I go to a lot of parks (city, county, etc. in that area to jog, hike, look for birds, etc.) I will say the State Park seems to have fewer "freaks" than the less regulated parks. For one, they have a fence around them and a main entrance and exit. At least Hillsborough River and Myakka River SP's do. And you go through a check point/toll booth and there is a warden there and there are wardens around the park, at least during the day. I suppose people sneak in, hide out, whatever... but if Holly were kidnapped around 8 AM and it would take some time to get to the park... the park would be open, the suspect would have to go through the main gate, pay an admission fee. I think they check your drivers license and plates.... I can see sneaking in at night but I dont think it would be easy to get someone inside there during the day without notice. That would be very risky.

I wonder if LE found a spot where the car must have been parked and can verify it was not there before 5am, either by patrols or even Holly's family, if one of them left that early and would have seen it, if it had been there.

The kidnapper could be a 3rd shift worker in a factory around there (if there are any) who worked until 7AM and went directly from his job into the woods to wait for HB. He could have been back at work that night at 11PM and no one would suspect him.

No checkpoints at Natchez Trace State Park. In fact, I believe that some use it as a normal thoroughfare. It's a VERY big park....48,000 acres and sits within 3 counties.

http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/NatchezTrace/

Another thing that is very unusual here....HITCH-HIKERS. Before I moved down here, I would have to say that it had been at least 20 years that I saw a hitchhiker standing with their thumb out on the side of the road. Weird.

No checkpoints at Natchez Trace State Park. In fact, I believe that some use it as a normal thoroughfare. It's a VERY big park....48,000 acres and sits within 3 counties.

http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/NatchezTrace/

Another thing that is very unusual here....HITCH-HIKERS. Before I moved down here, I would have to say that it had been at least 20 years that I saw a hitchhiker standing with their thumb out on the side of the road. Weird.

LOL ok we do have check points but hitch hikers are all over the palce in FL even though its illegal.

My husband said there are dessert, jungle, urban styles, and a new stucco variety (tan/green) of camo - all of which are army/marine; there are air force and navy seal types - all of the above which are issued.

On top of that, there are at least one hundred manufacturers of hunting and para-military hunting camo wear according to my retired US Army husband.

I guess the question is, what type of camo is normally seen around that area in TN and did the camo the perp was wearing seem any different.

I asked this last night but no response...
Does "camo" include a hat or headgear? (I am about as clueless about "camo" as it is possible to be and never thought I would be asking a question about it...) Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88