TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the Examiner article say Nickell lived at 1815 Liberty Church Rd.? That is just off US 641.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...n-3-week-wrap-up-we-re-not-giving-up-on-holly

Bumping this- and specifically these phone #'s:

<Holly&#8217;s family is reaching out to their community, once again, this time asking people to please, search your properties for clues. If you find one, don&#8217;t touch it. Call 1-800-TBI-FIND or the Decatur County Sheriff Department at 731-852-3714.>

And MOO (don't want to speak for LE) but by 'clues' I think they might mean anything you might find on your property that makes you uncomfortable. Holly herself might not be there, but there may be something that is there that makes you go hmmmmmmm.

If that's the case, call LE.

I'm wondering if they shouldn't add a 'may be armed' to the kidnapping poster. :waitasec:

By looking at the FBI site, it appears that a kidnapping has to be witnessed. Holly is listed as "kidnapped" while Kyron Horman is listed as "missing." Even Lindsey Baum and Haleigh Cummings are listed as missing, and Hailey Dunn, not listed at all. I wonder how they decide who they will list.

that good point! Kidnap compare to other missing:waitasec:

I agree.. They want people to search their own properties but are vague if not anything about telling people what they might expect... say an armed person etc. This case makes no sense. I get that they are asking people to look for "evidence" but how about some info on the perp just in case they encounter someone or do you just look being armed?

Well a home invasion requires the occupants to be at home. Otherwise its a burglary or something else. But I know what you are getting at. Its not a burglary gone bad IMHO. I believe one of the reasons the suspect quickly whisked Holly away into the woods instead of shoving her back into the house was because he knew someone else (brother) could be inside.

He was waiting for her, somewhere around her car (where ever that actually was parked).

You know, last night I came home very late from work. Parked in the carport, opened my car door, and was fiddling around trying to gather up all the things I needed to carry into the house. Not at all thinking someone could be hiding around the corner, come up behind me, etc. Then all of a sudden Holly came to mind. I started looking around and making sure there was no one lurking. It sure makes a person think about their safety and how unassuming Holly would have been heading out to her car to go to school that morning. I am sure she was up cramming for her test the night before and probably worrying about it when she was walking to her car. Little did she know her test was the least of her worries. I think there should be on-going classes on this starting at the elementary level through high school. When I was very young growing up in a small town, I was taught to listen to adults. I was so naive. I would have trusted basically anyone. Scary to think about that now!!

Also, why not show samples of the items Holly was carrying that day that have not been recovered? A purse, books, whatever? What kind of shoes did she have on? How will anyone know if they find anything of interest? Do they want every shoe, every piece of clothing found in the woods, anywhere, brought to their attention?

<Holly’s family is reaching out to their community, once again, this time asking people to please, search your properties for clues. If you find one, don’t touch it. Call 1-800-TBI-FIND or the Decatur County Sheriff Department at 731-852-3714.>

And MOO (don't want to speak for LE) but by 'clues' I think they might mean anything you might find on your property that makes you uncomfortable. Holly herself might not be there, but there may be something that is there that makes you go hmmmmmmm.

I'm wondering if they shouldn't add a 'may be armed' to the kidnapping poster. :waitasec:

Actually, the family didn't say anything about clues - that's the blogger's embellishment.

The family didn't specify what to look for, they just asked people to:

Keep your eyes and ears open, and search your own property.

Full family statement:
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Developing-Bobo-Family-Issues-Statement-121178554.html

I agree.. They want people to search their own properties but are vague if not anything about telling people what they might expect... say an armed person etc. This case makes no sense. I get that they are asking people to look for "evidence" but how about some info on the perp just in case they encounter someone or do you just look being armed?

BBM: ok, LOL annboleyn (although I don't think this sitaution is anything to laugh about.)

Now seriously- the kidnapper is described as being in camo, there are various reports of the whole turkey season thing, the blood found... being armed and dangerous seems like a good add-on to the FBI poster. Am I crazy??

My advise would be not to open the car door unless you have your stuff together. I have a best friend who used to open the car door and then try and find her keys to start the car. Same for getting out of the car. I told her quite often that she was good car jacking material. She doesn't do it anymore.

I believe that if you let your guard down, that is when trouble will usually find you. You don't want to be paranoid but being aware of your environment, where ever you may be, is important.

When I moved to the big city I was terribly naive. I had several experiences where I was an innocent person, that if I had not been aware of my environment, I would not be here today.

<Holly’s family is reaching out to their community, once again, this time asking people to please, search your properties for clues. If you find one, don’t touch it. Call 1-800-TBI-FIND or the Decatur County Sheriff Department at 731-852-3714.>

Thinking about the photos of the carport again.

1. The parents left first, leaving Holly's and Clint's cars there
2. The car in the external structure is white (maybe Clint's?)
3. Did Dad usually park back with Clint?

If so, Holly would have been coming out of the carport in the rear of the house.

This link describes how the parking is described in the house listing:

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Tennessee/Darden/sold/934068-681-Swan-Johnson-Rd-Darden-TN-38328

Thinking about the photos of the carport again.

1. The parents left first, leaving Holly's and Clint's cars there
2. The car in the external structure is white (maybe Clint's?)
3. Did Dad usually park back with Clint?

If so, Holly would have been coming out of the carport in the rear of the house.

This link describes how the parking is described in the house listing:

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Tennessee/Darden/sold/934068-681-Swan-Johnson-Rd-Darden-TN-38328

I also see the rating for this location is rated "terrible". Reviewers only gave Safety 1 star.

I agree with cluciano63. Give us something to go on. Can LE tell us without compromising the investigation, what she had on her or with her that day besides the lunchbox and phone?
:banghead:

Also, why not show samples of the items Holly was carrying that day that have not been recovered? A purse, books, whatever? What kind of shoes did she have on? How will anyone know if they find anything of interest? Do they want every shoe, every piece of clothing found in the woods, anywhere, brought to their attention?

That always bothers - that items of evidence in these cases are probably thrown away because the person who found them didn't know they were important.

I loved what they did in Kyron's case, where they got duplicates of everything he was wearing, head to toe, and had the presser and showed them, holding them up, and then released pictures of them. That was such an excellent idea.

I also see the rating for this location is rated "terrible". Reviewers only gave Safety 1 star.

I'm not sure that's quite accurate. Someone came through and rated it very low for everything. It was last updated 13 hours ago. It could easily be that all these ratings occurs after Holly went missing. Just a thought.

The Morgan Harrington case was very similar. Sleuthers had to fight for every detail - what did her shirt look like? her boots? her backpack/purse? her cell phone? her jewelry?

I know LE is playing this close to the vest, but what is *too close*???

He said he lives 3 doors down, and a local said you can get there in 15 minutes by the woods. I wonder if, going through the woods, he is "3 doors away" from the victim. And of course, the only way he would know this is if he traveled to her house through the woods. Maybe this comment was a slip up? One of the 3 houses could easily be the neighbor who heard the scream and called 911. Just some early morning thoughts I had.

BBM ~ :waitasec: Who said he lived three doors down? :waitasec:

The Morgan Harrington case was very similar. Sleuthers had to fight for every detail - what did her shirt look like? her boots? her backpack/purse? her cell phone? her jewelry?

I don't understand what is to be gained by LE holding this info back. How can it hurt the case if people know what to be looking for? Or where she went on the Tuesday before this happened? They could say, without naming times, that she had been at these three places, and if anyone had seen her and noticed anything/anyone unusual at any of those places, to please contact LE. They could say she had a brown purse with a shoulder strap and black trim, for example. How is that risking anything?

Last night I had the pleasure of meeting 3 college boys from Johnson City Tenn. who are vacationing here. I asked them about Holly and they had no clue what I was talking about. They had not heard of the case. Sadly, I told them the little bit we know.
I think they are playing it too close to the vest when people living in the state havent even heard of Holly!

I don't understand what is to be gained by LE holding this info back. How can it hurt the case if people know what to be looking for? Or where she went on the Tuesday before this happened? They could say, without naming times, that she had been at these three places, and if anyone had seen her and noticed anything/anyone unusual at any of those places, to please contact LE. They could say she had a brown purse with a shoulder strap and black trim, for example. How is that risking anything?
or even listing items to look for (that have NOT been recovered)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle